New Kenshuusei unit Tsubaki Factory - 1st indies single "Seishun Manmannaka!" 9/6

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: New Kenshuusei unit Tsubaki Factory - 1st indies single "Seishun Manmannaka!" 9/6

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Right, so "sy" is correct. I'm sorry, I didn't mean "wrong". I forgot.(editted post)
It's just that H!P songs in the past that have romanized them "sh" many a time.
I have a few examples of both below so I'm gonna spoiler them to save room.
Spoiler: show
Seishun Kouzou, for example, according to what you're saying with the kunrei-shiki, they should be writing "Tirinuru wo" but they wrote "chirinuru wo" as well as "tunenaramu" but they wrote "tsunenaramu", and "yumemizi" but they wrote "yumemiji". So at least if doing it the Kunrei-shiki way, they should be doing things the same throughout, but they don't. Like, they use both systems of romanization instead of picking just one and using it.

Another example closer to home - "Shaba Daba Do"

Another example of the other, Tiki Bun (Chiki Bun)
so there's really an inconsistency is my issue.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Re: New Kenshuusei unit Tsubaki Factory - 1st indies single "Seishun Manmannaka!" 9/6

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:57 pm

BerryzCelebration wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?xrj2twfn5d99ucg

I'm crying tears of joy. They all sound fucking amazing. And the last chorus. Oh my god Tsubaki Factory is amazing.

The girls' voices sound so pretty =)
They'll grow to be better singers and their pretty voices will sound even stronger and more wonderful.

Also, the song itself is great. I really love it <3 The first H!S performance of it, heck even the concert rip before it, I already had on repeat for a long time, so finally hearing a recorded version is nice =)
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Spoiler: show
I no longer allow myself to talk about this outside of spoiler tags because I feel too strongly about the different romanji systems. As an English teacher I abhor the Kunrei-shiki. I am forced unteach it a lot of the times. Most English teachers in Japan feel the same. This is not a matter of what the Japanese government has decided on, because to me it is just plain wrong. Romanji is a system to put the Japanese language into a pronounceable form for foreigners, with an emphasis on English. The Kunrei-shiki does NOT achieve this, it creates incorrect pronunciations and can really screw up someone going from English learning Japanese. I still remember the nightmare of my Japanese teachers having the kids make their own nametags using that system and my messing up their names constantly because of it because even though I'd get them right if they were in Hiragana, seeing "Taiti" made me slip and pronounce it that way instead of the correct way. This system can also cause issues the other way around as it can lead Japanese to believe that we would pronounce 'syu' as 'shu' which we wouldn't if we just saw those three letter together, let's be honest. But yes, ignore me. I got it out of my system and thus hopefully won't try to mention it again for months to come.

The more I listen to Seishun Manmannaka, the more I love it. The robotic voice/bgm combined with that slightly hypnotizing ring dance have hooked me. I hope they rerelease this song as a major like it seems to be hinted they will, I would love to hear it when they're more polished (though I like the singing well enough now).
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Celedam » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:32 pm

^ The obvious counterargument is that while Hepburn might be easier to read and pronounce for native English speakers, Kunrei-shiki corresponds better with the kana tables and therefore makes more sense to native Japanese speakers, especially children.

I could take it a step further and say that if foreigners made some effort to understand Kunrei-shiki, rather than fight against it, it would actually be easier for them to learn proper Japanese. Because all romanization is a crutch anyhow.

So, again…

Celedam wrote:You might be more familiar with Hepburn, but that doesn't make it "right".
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:47 pm

I don't know, Japanese speakers don't need Romaji last time I checked, it's just a formality because foreigners use it a lot.

And I'm laughing because you say that K would be easier for foreigners to learn. Come on, really now. That's saying that now you have to learn that "sy" corresponds to the /ʃ/, and THEN after that, you need to learn that "syu" corresponds to しゅ"... That's ridiculous.
In what matter do you think it'll make learning "proper" Japanese easier? According to your logic, because it's a "crutch" anyway, it makes more sense to learn it as "sh" or "ts" or "ch" because then that's less you have to remember.
Celedam wrote:you might be more familiar with Hepburn, but that doesn't make it "right".

you might be more familiar with Kunrei-shiki, but that doesn't make it "right".
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby SaebaRyo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:36 am

Posting this here as well to keep Tsubaki's activity separate from KSS.
Tsubaki's new song Kedakaku Saki Hokore! from the Nama Tamago Show. Skip to 7:05.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhog1fyv67cspss/

Costumes for the new song?
http://ameblo.jp/shimizu--saki/entry-12100573612.html
Last edited by SaebaRyo on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaebaRyo

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:03 am

I love how it seems their indies style is all electropop-y It really suits their voices I think. I kinda want to see the rap part live lol, because that doesn't seem like them at all so it has to be super fun to watch since it sounded like they pulled it off well enough.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Denki » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:50 am

Now I'm jealous at the people attending Nyon's graduation since the opening act won't be in the livestream. :(

I like it. :music:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:38 am

It won't be streamed but a performance of it will be likely to show up on next week's Hello! Station or the week after.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Zunu » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:25 am

CaptainBerryz3705 wrote:I don't know, Japanese speakers don't need Romaji last time I checked, it's just a formality because foreigners use it a lot.

And I'm laughing because you say that K would be easier for foreigners to learn. Come on, really now. That's saying that now you have to learn that "sy" corresponds to the /ʃ/, and THEN after that, you need to learn that "syu" corresponds to しゅ"... That's ridiculous.
In what matter do you think it'll make learning "proper" Japanese easier? According to your logic, because it's a "crutch" anyway, it makes more sense to learn it as "sh" or "ts" or "ch" because then that's less you have to remember.
Celedam wrote:you might be more familiar with Hepburn, but that doesn't make it "right".

you might be more familiar with Kunrei-shiki, but that doesn't make it "right".

I think to begin with that the less time you spend in the rômaji playground the better off you are as a student. Having said that though, just keep in mind that not all foreigners speak English. So <r>, <ch> , <e> as graphemes don't convey any kind of universally understood phonemic values. However, at least in Kunreisiki there's a logic to the written form that helps you get into the logic of Japanese phonology. Sure it sucks for English speakers, but on the other hand I for one would have loved for there to have been a kind of Éngcrire (English-regularized modified spelling) in French classes so I could've figured out how the hell to pronounce all those crazy words. I think we can all agree it would be pointless to blame l'Académie française for that lapse, clear and obvious though it may be. To that extent, the Japanese Government has gone a bit further than others to accommodate foreign needs. Basically, I personally find this a non-issue either way.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project