[09/19] ℃-ute to Perform Solo Overseas Concert in Mexico

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [09/19] ℃-ute to Perform Solo Overseas Concert in Mexico

Postby boinsie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:41 am

boinsie
Guru

Postby Amped » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:52 am

Amped wrote:Sakurai Takamasa
《Mexico》Mil Mascaras × ℃-ute ! Special symposium for cultural diplomacy. Moderator: Takamasa Sakurai.Check it↓
https://twitter.com/sakuraitakamasa/sta ... 8715082752

Japanese ambassador to Mexico Akira Yamada's invitation to the Japanese embassy. Mil Mascaras is a popular Mexican El Luchador wrestler in Japan. C-ute is very popular in Mexico. Both will be there. Register to gain entrance to the Embassy.

All applications have ended in 3 hours and a half. Mil Mascaras × ℃-ute! Special symposium.Thank you so much.
https://twitter.com/sakuraitakamasa/sta ... 9266043904

Chisato
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/201509 ... 02-n1.html
http://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainment/20 ... 50196.html
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment ... 77620.html
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... 41495.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby boinsie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:56 am

Translations from 910 Percent
Spoiler: show
http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/entertainment/449129/

「℃-ute」showed off the entertainment spirits learned from Mil Mascaras!⚡
Sports paper TokyoSports reports C-ute concert in Mexico.
Like Mil Mascaras, when Okai Chisato took off the gold mask, silver mask appeared under it!
C-ute participated in the symposium "Idol vs luchador"in UNAM Mexico with the The living legend Mil Mascaras.
Mexico loves Japanese Idols, Manga, Animations.
Japanese Embassy in Mexico made the dream interview come true.
Mascaras taught C-ute the worth of daily training, entertainment spirit.
C-ute showed off what they learned from him in the lottery corner!
Okai went to the wing to change the outfits and appeared again with a mask having "M" mask.
"I'm Mil Mascaras!"
Of course, Fans were excited !!
Next, She said. "It's hot somehow"
She removed the mask. then, Silver mascaras appeared under the gold mask!
Audiences laughed loud.
She gave the masks to fans, like Mil Mascaras.
Okai said a pun "As Mil Mascarass suggested me to be sexier,I put on thick Mascara today!!"

Spoiler: show
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2015/09/21/kiji/K20150921011177620.html

℃-ute forms a tag team with Mil mascaras!
1300 fans were blast in Mexico!⚡

Sports paper Sponich reports C-ute concert i Mexico.

C-ute held their solo concert in Mexico city.
In the before the day, They met the hero professional wrestler Mil Mascaras.
He said "I'm a reader of C-ute supporting team in Mexico!"

C-ute member wore masks on the stage.
They entertained 1300 audiences.

“The country loved by sun” got hotter rapidly!
Okai Chisato wore a mask!
When she shouted "Mil Mascaras!"
Audiences shouted loudly!
My ears were almost broken!!
She removed the mask, then, the other mask appear under the mask!!!
It's copy of Mil Mascaras's standard performance.

"I respect him so much! That's why I secretly steal his masks!!"

"Youtube" has got popular in Mexico since 2006
They love Japanese Idols.
C-ute marked 10th anniversary this year.
They are special popular in Mexico.

C-ute met the hero of Mexico , Mil Mascaras.
They were invited for the symposium in UNAM
Mil Mascara said "When I often went to Japan, solo idols were popular""C-ute all are cute! Promotion in Mexico??
Sure, I'll promote C-ute happily!"

He said a joke and suggestions
"C-ute has better to work hard to be sexy.
Ah, It's not my wish! "
"Never forget to respect and love for the audiences"

Mai answered "He is a teacher of my life"

Mexico is in High altitude 2240m
For Japanese, It's not to easy to breath.
C-ute all had to use portable Oxygen inhalators during the break time.
However, C-ute kept on dancing for the audiences who had wanted for C-ute for a long time,
Yajima Maimi told
"We'll keep on making efforts to show best performance in any place in the world!"
boinsie
Guru

Postby rikkikow » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:00 am

This happened already? I was going to send Rikki Kow to watch over erilaz. Oh well, hope he gets back safely.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:24 am

So jealous that they had the sit down and talk thing *^* Wish MM did that too :3

I can't wait for the member accounts here! (for whoever went. Erilaz, I know you did. :P)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby erilaz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:40 am

Hi, gang! I was offline for the whole trip and didn't get home until 12:30 a.m. (3:30 a.m. by my internal clock), so this is my first opportunity to post. A full report will have to wait until after I got home from work tonight, but I had a fantastic trip! (Apart from the very end, when I discovered that my luggage hadn't made it onto the plane at Phoenix — grrrr!)

Amped wrote:C-ute Mexico live setlist from a fan, unconfirmed
https://twitter.com/as_kenken76/status/ ... 6465246208

I didn't really keep track of the setlist, but that looks about right. The only thing that is definitely a bit off is the item between 11 and 12. This was indeed a raffle, as stated (everybody got a numbered ticket coming in, and the girls drew numbers for goods, which they autographed onstage), but it wasn't just Maimi and Saki; they just came out first. When they were done, the other three girls came out, and that's when Chisato did her Mil Máscaras shtick.

boinsie wrote:Translations from 910 Percent

[snip]

She gave the masks to fans, like Mil Mascaras.

I don't know what she did with the silver mask underneath, but she gave away the gold mask as one of the raffle prizes. But I'll have plenty more to say about the raffle in my report later! :)
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Solarblade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:16 pm

If anyone was curious about the album here's the tracklist

1. Kiss me Aishiteru
2. Tokaikko Junjou
3. FOREVER LOVE
4. Massara Blue Jeans
5. Adam to Eve no Dilemma
6. Dance de Bakoon!
7. Crazy Kanzen na Otona
8. I miss you
9. Sekaiichi HAPPY na Onna no Ko
10. Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)
11. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~
12. Sakura Chirari
13. GamushaLIFE
14. Ookina Ai de Motenashite
15. Aitai Aitai Aitai na
16. Namida no Iro
17. Love take it all
18. Soku Dakishimete
Solarblade
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Aarii/Zukki

Postby boinsie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 pm

An interesting mix!

--

Let's play "Spot the 'Laz!"

boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:35 pm

^ I know roughly where I was standing, and even I can't find myself! I do recall, though, that I had a tough time seeing through the sea of arms when they were taking this picture, so I'm not surprised that I'm not visible.

So. You've already seen the set list, photos and videos, so I don't have a lot to add about the concert per se, but I can tell you some stuff about the general experience that hasn't been covered yet.

PICKING UP VIP TICKETS

Since Friday was the last day to pick up VIP tickets, I flew in on Thursday and went to get my ticket at J'Store first thing Friday morning. Even though I had the address and a Google map, it wasn't very easy to find. It turned out that J'Store is one of MANY little booths and shops inside a multi-story complex devoted to anime, video games, and Asian pop culture. When I got there, it hadn't opened yet, but I was lucky enough to run into a fan from San Diego who recognized me from New York, and he showed me where it was. So I picked up my ticket (actually a plastic sleeve containing the VIP ticket itself as well as a Ticketmaster ticket for entry into the venue), relieved to actually have it in hand after the chaotic online purchase, and spent the rest of the day sightseeing.

EARLY MORNING AT SALA

I planned to hit the Museo Nacional de Antropología before getting into line for the concert, but I swung by the venue first, to check out the lay of the land. Here's how things looked at 9 a.m.:

You can see that there was already a fair number of people there. I talked to some guys near the front of the line, whom I had met at Berryz Kobo Matsuri, and they said they had got there at 3 a.m. To leave or stay? I decided to go on to the museum, but I lost a bunch of time due to some misleading signage, and by the time I got back on track, I realized that I didn't have enough time even to rush through the museum, so I hurried back to SALA and got in line. They were keeping the VIP line in order by having us put our names on a numbered list; I was #100.

WAITING

So I waited out front for about six hours. I talked a bit with some of the fans, especially a guy from Spain (!) who was behind me. The crowd was mostly Mexican, of course, but there were Americans and Japanese, too. I later met a guy from Canada, saw someone representing Peru, and I hear there were people from several other Latin American countries, as well. At one point, Sakurai-san came by:

A few people took my picture, and a woman from Japan interviewed me. I don't know what media outlet she was working for, so I'll just have to see if my feedback pops up somewhere.

There were vendors selling unofficial merchandise, walking between the VIP and general lines and at booths right across the street from the venue. That's something that just doesn't happen in Japan. Unofficial goods, yes, but not so close to the venue.

Some fans passed out free yogurt. Others passed out round cardboard discs with a photo of ℃-ute on them, to use as fans (the waving and cooling kind). And another group passed out slips of paper to hold up during the encore: 来てくれてありがとう。またすぐに戻って来てください。Eventually staff came through, collected our VIP ticket stubs, and gave us our passes (on special ℃-ute lanyards) and wristbands.

Doors opened around 4:15 or so, and they gave each person entering a numbered ticket for the raffle. I had to check my backpack and buy goods before heading into the concert hall, so I ended up roughly tenth row center.

THE CONCERT

There were some interesting differences between this show and those in Japan. For one thing, the girls used a considerable amount of Spanish in their intros and MCs. Instead of the usual "Kyuuto desu!" we got "¡Somos Kyuuto!" The predominant fan chant (before the show and before the encore) was also new to me: "¡Olé, olé olé olé, Kyuuto, Kyuuto!"

As I mentioned before, the girls came out in two groups and drew numbers for the raffle. There were a total of ten winners, two prizes from each of the girls, which they autographed after the winner was located. Some of the prizes were member towels from the Mexico tour, but there were more interesting prizes, as well. The things I would most like to have won were Maimi's self-designed t-shirt, Airi's stuffed Suu-san, and of course Chisato's luchador mask. But I can't complain, since I DID WIN SOMETHING! Saki drew my number (0117) for a set of photos from the summer tour (plus a surprise Future Departure collection photo, which turned out to be Chisato), and Saki signed her photo for me. (I'll have to be very careful with it, in order not to smudge the fingerprints.) I was close enough to the front that while Saki was signing the photo, Maimi could see that I probably wasn't Mexican, so she asked me where I was from. I called out: カリフォルニア! And she replied, "OH! Thank you! ¡Grácias!" :yahoo:

THE HANDSHAKE EVENT

I heard that they sold 500 VIP tickets, and there were also handshake tickets given away with CD purchase (like the ones in New York), so the majority of the audience stayed for the handshake event. They had the CD ticket people go to the back of the hall and moved the VIP pass holders through the line first, and they moved us through the line FAST. The handshake order was Chisato, Saki, Mai, Airi, Maimi. Saki and Maimi recognized me from the raffle. I had hardly enough time to spit out brief, generic greetings, but when I came to Airi, I managed to spurt out, "Motto Buono! Onegai shimasu!" before staff rushed me along. We VIP pass holders picked up our CDs and autographed photos as we exited the line. Raffle prizes were picked up at the goods table after the handshake event; I thought we were going to get them directly from the girls, but that didn't happen.

AFTER THE SHOW

There was finally something on the marquee:

And here's the winner of Chisato's mask! XD

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby rikkikow » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:13 pm

:notworthy: You Da' man. Looks like a great time.
I've been to Mexico City, Teotihuacan (saw the Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon), Puebla and all around there.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project