[4/15] Morning Musume。'15 58th single "Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [4/15] Morning Musume。'15 58th single "Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara"

Postby aerosuffly » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Denki wrote:
aerosuffly wrote:I am so glad Karin is not in MM. She stands out too much. It makes to group look less cohesive. And she deserves to be the eyes catcher in Juice=Juice.
On the other hand, Ayumi is so down-to-earth that she can fit in anywhere. LOL

tbh, the group looked more cohesive with Karin replacing Kanon. But we aren't talking about a Korea girl group, who are cohesive 99% of the time. Probably all H!P groups (except current C-ute) looks like misfits placed in one group, and I like that.

I always saw Karin as the perfect looking girl placed in a group with weirdos. :lol: Morning Musume is a group full of weirdos, so seeing someone "perfect" featured in the MV definitely stole the spotlight.

Yessss, you had the right words and explained it 200% better than me. I never like Korean girl groups because they look too cohesive to the point that they become so unnatural. On the other hand, I like Hello! Project group exactly because they put a bunch of weirdos, full of personalities, into a group, and somehow they naturally work well together. So to my eyes Karin looked weird in Morning Musume because she is too perfect. XD
aerosuffly
Minion

Re: [4/15] Morning Musume。'15 58th single "Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara"

Postby fujii hina » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:36 pm

^so, Karin, a too perfect girl doesn't naturally work very cohesively in a group full of weirdos, Morning Musume.
Which made it weird for you, a person who doesn't like Koren-group-level-cohesiveness.
I do not follow.

Karin stood out for me because:
1. I knew from the get-go that she wasn't part of the group.
2. She didn't have that Morning Musume vibe. I'm glad she got her own group to be perfect in.
3. I saw a lot of her in the videos.
Idols come and go but Sayu is forever.
fujii hina
Senior Initiate

Postby aerosuffly » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:00 pm

^ Her presence make the group out of balance. I am not saying she is bad or not worthy or whether UF did good or bad for this MV.

Say you have balls of different sizes and weights and a balance board. You try to arrange those balls on the board to make the board balance. That is Morning Musume. Now replace one of the ball with a big, heavy and shiny ball. The board is not balance anymore. You need to rearrange the whole things or get more balls.
A Korean girl group is like balls of the same shape and size arranged evenly on a board that is already balanced.
Last edited by aerosuffly on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Amped » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Amped wrote:
Amped wrote:Kanon, Ayumi, Ogata, Nonaka, Haga, Maria will hold a handshake event before the MM concert in Sendai, 3/22
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 7874a9f44/

Amped wrote:today at Morning Musume. '15's concert in Sendai, the local show Ara Ara Kashiko is going to film a segment at the concert venue during Morning Musume. '15's handshake event for the new single.
Spoiler: show

Ara Ara Kashiko preview, airs 3/28. Mizuki, Kanon, Ayumi, Ogata, Nonaka, Haga, and Maria appear.

another preview
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby JonCC » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:58 pm

It's pretty clear that subjectively I'm quite happy Karin is in the MV's.
But, as I am trying to be as objective as possible, I actually think UF actually handled this quite well.

Look at last time. Karin got injured. So what did UF decide to do?
The got another member of roughly the same height and build (well, mostly height) to cover her in the dance shot.
They never really played it up that much. They essentially hoped people wouldn't notice, which of course wasn't the case.

Flashforward to today: Kanon has gotten herself injured and unfortunately has been hit by the flu meaning she's out of commission for a long while.
Instead of trying to cover it up, UF is rather up front ( :giggle: ) about the whole thing

They need someone to cover the formation (because formation dance looks just weird with people missing).
So they put in one of the best members they have. They don't try to hide it but in fact feature her as much as any other member.
And they get to play on the whole 'returning the favor for last time' aspect. Plus they get some crosspromo going.

I may just trying to go about it logically, which is probably not the usual course to take when it comes to idols, but that's my (seemingly rational) view on it anyway.
All I know is, if i was just a Karin wota, I would buy this single in a heartbeat.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Uggghh. Maria.

Is it okay to have two Oshimen in the same group? Cuz that's what's about to happen. I can't keep my oshi-feelings away from her.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:05 pm

I have two in every group except Country Girls, whom I support as a whole.

I feel bad Zukki had to throw herself on the sword to try and make this whole Karin-gate thing simmer down. But I don't think it'll work. Management should have just not done the close ups and I think everything would have been fine. I adore Karin but the poor girl doesn't deserve this hate she's getting. And Zukki shouldnt feel like crap for something that happens in life.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby JonCC » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:17 pm

claneksi at H!O wrote:There's a fundamental difference between what some fans perceive, and what it means for the company, about having Karin in MM's MV.

For some, Karin is, or should, be a mere replacement for a sick member.

For the company though, she holds much bigger value than that. For them, she's not simply a stand-in, she's a member, albeit temporarily, who is worth as much as their own front girls. To put her at the back knowing her marketing value would be a marketing failure.

That's why, I believe, arguing with the company about how she should be hidden wouldn't work. For the company, she's not just a stand in for Zukki, she's MM's front girl. (even though it's just in these two MVs)

Basically this.
Last edited by JonCC on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Ayu-
I have Duu and Ayumi at #1 for MM but I put daishi slightly above Duu, though it fluctuates constantly. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:12 am

Morning Musume. '15 will be on the cover and featured in CDjournal magazine May Issue, for promotion of the new single. release is 4/20.
http://tower.jp/item/3854417/
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project