[4/1] ℃-ute 27th single : The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / GamushaLIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [4/1] ℃-ute 27th single : The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / GamushaLIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:01 pm

I cannot say much about the language like esm (damn, when are they going to space!), but I can say from an audiophile point of view that the condenser microphone that they use can capture a lot more dynamic details than what you hear in the show recording. If you were sitting in the recording studio and listening to them with a proper gear, everyone would sound so much better. Same reason they all sound much better live.

I am very surprise that Chissa still not quite sing from her diaphragm.
aerosuffly
Minion

Re: [4/1] ℃-ute 27th single : The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / GamushaLIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

Postby koregaboku » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Sohee wrote:Watching/hearing Airi sing just makes me laugh.
How does she nail everything @_@ how is she such a good vocalist I can't @_@ /rolls

I tried to catch a expression of Airi.... Trying, and it was like she just did it. It might be the editing but they made it seem like she did it in one take.

It just reinforces that Airi is basically perfect. She nailed it and nailed it without having to try.

It's amazing that we watch Airi "on". We see how she flirts with the camera, audience, other members while maintaining her performance.

Now we know that Airi being "on" is just a bonus; not only does she turn it "on" but more importantly, she's always on point.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:02 pm

im really glad we got this. Airi's version of the song sounds so nice.
reminds me of when we got solo versions for each girl with kimi wa jitensha~ can we get that again?
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby downfrontguy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:56 pm

aerosuffly wrote:I cannot say much about the language like esm (damn, when are they going to space!), but I can say from an audiophile point of view that the condenser microphone that they use can capture a lot more dynamic details than what you hear in the show recording. If you were sitting in the recording studio and listening to them with a proper gear, everyone would sound so much better. Same reason they all sound much better live.

I am very surprise that Chissa still not quite sing from her diaphragm.

it's a okay, capable standard mic, that Neumann u87... :)

As for Chissa, you mean she sings from her throat as oppose to from the diaphragm? Perhaps. It usually is the case whenever she tries to sing like an cutesy idol. But I've also heard her singing with better techniques, so she's still very much a work-in-progress. And she is still the closest to that original singer "Nakajima Takui"-rock style in H!P (past included...maybe except for Nakazawa during DMM period?) as no other girls can really belt out high notes with exaggerated rock-style vibrato like her. And to be fair, Airi also sings from throat in some parts in this clip, albeit much less so than Chissa, so it's not just her. I think it's usually Japanese language with its mostly closed vowel sound that contributes to this. Not every Japanese singer sings from throat, obviously, but I do notice that they are unusually many Japanese singers with a tendency to be nasally and/or throaty. That Takui guy is also very nasally, btw.
Last edited by downfrontguy on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
downfrontguy
Senior Initiate

Postby Zunu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:06 pm

^^^ True, it's like the reason Airi can flirt and so on is because,due to her natural abilities she has to devote very little brain power toward singing properly. So she has a lot of spare mental energy left over for fan service and acting silly and otherwise Airiish.

Chisato behind the mic taking direction seems much more straightforward and unguarded than she does the rest of the time.

^ And not just singing. So many Japanese expats I've met speak English in a super-nasally accent.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:33 pm

It's one reason why it's so hard not to sound foreign when you're a foreigner speaking Japanese -- most of the rest of the world does not speak with that nasal inflection. In fact, I've noticed that when the Japanese make fun of foreigners, they specifically drop that inflection to do it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:45 am

I just remembered something: I thought how H!P does line distribution is having each member sing everything and then picking out from that gets them the lines. But from the video, they specifically knew those 3 would lead the song(?). I mean, yeah, they've always pretty much have lead most, if not all, the songs, but yeah...just a thought.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby aerosuffly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:42 am

^ My guess is that C-ute is a very stable group now, so they know how each girl will sound, or they might have already did a run through and were just doing fine tune takes.

downfrontguy wrote:it's a okay, capable standard mic, that Neumann u87... :)

Yeah right. It's just okay so will cost you only a few grands. :giggle:

downfrontguy wrote:As for Chissa, you mean she sings from her throat as oppose to from the diaphragm? ... I think it's usually Japanese language with its mostly closed vowel sound that contributes to this. Not every Japanese singer sings from throat, obviously, but I do notice that they are unusually many Japanese singers with a tendency to be nasally and/or throaty. That Takui guy is also very nasally, btw.

You are right on this. It is a hard technique. You have to open your throat fully and let the air flow up to your nasal path, else you will basically strain the sound in your throat. That why they make them do the "nyaaaa" thing. Takui and Tsunku are super good at this, as well as Reina, Ayaya and etc.

Actually, my first reaction on that recording session was that they all sound as if they did not get to warm up properly, like what you do in before a chorus practice.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby gustave154 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:29 am

Just wanna say Tsugi no Kado wo Magare is officially my new favourite ℃-ute song.
if you didn't tell me it was ℃-ute's song i would think it was Round Table Feat Nino... ℃-ute future is bright indeed.

Edit: i just checked the credits for the song and guess what? Suzuki "Daichi" Hideyuki helped arrange the song while Takui composed it!!! :notworthy:
i hope he stays for good because this is good music right here.
gustave154
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Oda Sakura

Postby Starra » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:21 pm

I really like this. It's a good, fun 10th anniversary song. I can definitely see ℃-ute lasting a while longer.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project