[4/1] ℃-ute 27th single : The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / GamushaLIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [4/1] ℃-ute 27th single : The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / GamushaLIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

Postby esm » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:05 am

It's just part of the phonology, i.e. how the sounds work rather than people being lazy or sloppy. Vowels tend to get devoiced or deleted between voiceless consonants in Japanese (and while nasal consonants are considered voiced, in most languages they are not underlyingly specified as such... which is why "dakshmete" would probably be fine). Also deletion of the final vowel in stuff like -masu and -desu. You'd hear it a LOT more in spoken Japanese vs. in songs, just like how "every day" sounds fine as "ever-y day" (rather than "ev'ry day") in songs but no one says that in spoken English. There are also lots of deletions in common words in English. The fact that you can have the vowels (or whatever segment was deleted) present in songs shows that people know that they are underlyingly there.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Re: [4/1] ℃-ute 27th single : The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / GamushaLIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

Postby yukisuki » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 am

^ Am I sensing a linguistics major in the house?

Not really into the songs myself. I might like GamushaLIFE, but I need to hear the full song before I know for sure. The Middle Management I almost like, but something about it bugs me. I'm not sure what. And Tsugi no Kado is ok but it's just not my style. Overall, this single is pretty meh for me. =/
yukisuki
Senior Initiate

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:10 am

I understand what you're saying. c:
I just totally didn't recognize it as "hisabisa" at first. xD because the accent was moved to the "sa"'s instead of no accents, and also the "i" were removed, so I totally didn't realize it was the word. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Music+ #46

12:01~ C-ute Tsugi no Kado wo Magare recording #03 (C-ute vocals)
Amped
High Priest

Postby Sohee » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:21 am

Watching/hearing Airi sing just makes me laugh.
How does she nail everything @_@ how is she such a good vocalist I can't @_@ /rolls
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby jeiwa42 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:27 am

The hell, there was no kuyashii expression at all when she sang everything, even the higher harmony o.o Well, they do say singing is a natural action and its not something you force out of you, you have to do it without any tension to your muscles or body for that matter and keep yourself relaxed, and she did exactly that. She also doesnt sound as nasal as the other two, and she didnt have a screamish voice either. Just...total package looks, singing, dancing, and personality probably (I dont see much oc her interactions with others but I've read somewhere that she's goofy and clumsy(?), which sounds so cute XD)
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby iceymoon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:24 am

^ i don't know about clumsy (sounds more like Maimi), but she's definitely goofy. and let's not forget, smart. total package indeed. :love:
iceymoon

Postby MarioYaguchi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:35 am

Maimi can really sing now, Chisato is so cute here, she looks just like when she was a little girl. <3
MarioYaguchi
Senior Initiate

Postby iceymoon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:26 am

^ ah yes, thanks for reminding me! there was one line of Maimi's (i think in Tsugi no Kado?) where i was like "since when can Maimi sing like that?!" and it was awesome and i wish she did it more often.
iceymoon

Postby Chatin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:14 am

I just realized that Tsugi no probably won't be on iTunes. Damnit. Takui's album better go up.
Chatin
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project