Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: [3/25] Country Girls major debut single "Itooshikutte Gomen ne / Koi Dorobou" (with Momoko)

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:14 am

not surprised with the sales. the level of marketing for this single is off the charts. good job UFP.

Re: [3/25] Country Girls major debut single "Itooshikutte Gomen ne / Koi Dorobou" (with Momoko)

Fri May 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Uta-navi! (06 May 2015)

Sat May 09, 2015 10:16 am

Kaiun Ongakudō (09 May 2015)

Sun May 10, 2015 3:21 pm

6th week
weekly rank #90
sold 767
total 50,114

Golden Week, extra handshake events at Nakano Sun plaza concerts

___

Oricon Monthly ranking for March @ #16
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/m/2015-03/p/2/

Sun May 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Yay!!!!
They passed 50k for their debut single!
That's amazing.

Mon May 11, 2015 10:51 am

I really did not think that was gonna happen. :|
Good on them.
Although in my opinion this song deserves to have sold twice as much, easily.

Mon May 11, 2015 1:00 pm

Marketing isn't everything and I'm started to get frustrated with marketing being attributed to every success. Country Girls wasn't promoted much more than the other groups and 50k is a HUGE achievement for a debut single. The true reason that they sold this much, I believe, is because this group is incredibly solid. The girls are all interesting, especially Uta who probably brought in a lot of fans. The songs were both awesome, and the PVs for these songs were awesome. This music is something unlike the rest of H!P right now and thus is bringing in all of the fans who missed these types of songs. Momochi probably helps a ton, especially since shes done a great job of being senpai without taking any attention away from the rest of the group. Honestly everything about this group has been perfect so far, and I think people are excited for them and generally interested. Its one thing to promote a group and draw attention to them, and its another to continue to maintain that attention and grow a fan base.

In the reverse, I think that Morning Musume's drop in sales isn't just because Sayumi left, or promotion is less... that single was very weak and overall they didn't grab my attention the way that Country Girls, Koboshi Factory or Angerme's recent singles have. Sometimes its just the full package.

Tue May 12, 2015 12:44 am

Country Girls Mini Live and Handshake event @ Aeon Mall in Hiroshima, 5/17
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... fa98a79c79

Country Girls Mini Live and Handshake event @ Aeon Mall in Fukuoka, 5/24
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 48c1a9adf5

Thu May 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Jessi wrote:This music is something unlike the rest of H!P right now and thus is bringing in all of the fans who missed these types of songs. Momochi probably helps a ton.

Can confirm 8)

Sun May 17, 2015 12:12 am

the single didn't chart a 7th week (last week), fell out of top 200. But they do have an event this week.
Post a reply