"THE BIG CHANCE" audition to direct a Morning Musume. '15 MV - Winning MV director has been chosen

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: "THE BIG CHANCE" audition to direct a Morning Musume. '15 MV - Winning MV director has been chosen

Postby coconuts » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:30 am

Whaaaaa... Sugiyama Hiroki (Blue) directed Tentenko's MV? That's cool. Bummer he didn't win.
coconuts
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: あーりー, はーちん

Re: "THE BIG CHANCE" audition to direct a Morning Musume. '15 MV - Winning MV director has been chosen

Postby Amped » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:57 am

Shuhei's (Red) MVs are not all weird

Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Jessi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:00 am

Blue was cuter than Red, but I know that doesn't qualify him to win the contest XD
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:25 am

aww I wanted Green to win, I really liked Emi's interpretation!

I think that fit with the whole "selfish game of love" thing, and it had the right amount of close-ups. The girls acting was good as well.
I just didn't like the glitching effect. The rain scenes were so cool and I enjoyed the editing.

Blue had cool close-ups and I liked the effects but a bit slow.

I thought Red was way too gimmicky, and I don't like food and idols. Or the giant dancer at the end. But it was fun.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was a big difference between the Promotion Ver, and the Music video that they use for the next single.
Last edited by otaku_blue on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Rika-chan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:36 am

waaaahh I'm looking forward to see the next Morning Musume's MV :w00t:
The red entry was quite unique and fun !! :heart:
The green entry was sexy :shifty:
The blue entry was awesome :happy:
Rika-chan
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Momohime, Ruru, Oda, Ogata

Postby forgetmenots » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:21 am

I liked the Green Entry best as well XD Red was just... I think if it had actually had anything to do with the lyric or theme I'd like it more. Though I assume he'd do that for his real video. This seemed more like him going: I have this cool idea and no matter what song it is I'm gonna make it work. XD Kudos to the girls not breaking out into laughter though at some of those scenes. (like Kudou cutting the steak).
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Amped » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:52 am

Blue - cliche idol rooftop scenes, pretty close-ups, not enough dance shots.
Red - unique and creative green screen. angles, spacing, and close-ups need work
Green - not a fan of black and white or the letterbox borders. surprised that the girl director chose to use sexy ero scenes. the members outfits getting soaked. ok..glad that Haga Akane wasn't in this.

none of the MVs fit Morning Musume. '15 EDM formation dance image. the original Wagamama Kinomama Ai no Joke MV is still the best. only one director that would probably understand their image would be blue. The sexy image is not their style, and the red one is a green screen user.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby 321BreakinOut » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:23 am

Red only won because of the excess amount of Riho :hehe:
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Denki » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 am

Red is for sure my least favorite video, but I can see why people voted for him. :lol:

I would have much rather had blue or green win, but I hope an A-side is a fun theme to match that style.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby stam4o » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 am

Hmmmm... not sure how to judge the music videos. As Amped said, none of the three has the spirit of Wagamama, but even so, all the three are good, very good MVs. First one had a plain boring (or even despairing) background, that straight-white-sunny mood wasn't a good choice for a MM video, not to talk about Wagamama. Second one is obviously for something quite more funny and for a not-in-the-cool-zone song, but yes, the guys knows his stuff with animation. And third and last is for a more slowly paced song with more minor scales in my opinion, though it had the best image editing out of the three.
I see why red is the winner, but... let's hope the MV he'll direct doesn't really get to be something random. That would be out of the current group's style. Or.. well, there is a possibility for quite some randomness but it'll be difficult to put it in place with the formation. Hmmmm.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project