JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (remember to send your stuff out in a timely fashion! ^^ )

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (remember to send your stuff out in a timely fashion! ^^ )

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:17 am

So, I recently got some bubble wrap so i'm gonna use it again. XD (bubble wrap can be reused, right?)
And I have the things that need bubble wrap wrapped up in it. :P
(there's a certain thing inside of the bubble wrap that has something ELSE inside it. xD)
I have everything ready, but I just need... to write a letter to add inside too, and then I gotta go to the UPS store that is literally 4 minutes from my house.
Although I'm unsure, do I just go to them, give them the items, tell them the address, and they'll box it and all? Or how does that work???? xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Re: JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (remember to send your stuff out in a timely fashion! ^^ )

Postby boinsie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:33 pm

UPS will package it for you, but they charge for the service. The only reason I would suggest to have this done is if you're mailing glass or fragile objects, just because UPS guarantees against breakage when they do the packing.
But yeah, most people just pack their stuff in a box at home, then take it to the facility to mail it. If it's UPS, just bring your packed box and the address you're shipping to.
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:16 pm

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:(bubble wrap can be reused, right?)

I'm a master recycler of bubble wrap! Whenever I go to Japan, I fill a lot of the empty space in my suitcase with the bubble wrap sleeves I get from YesAsia and CDJapan, and I use them to protect the CDs, DVDs, photobooks, souvenirs, etc. that I bring home.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Good. Becaue I reused some bubble wrap here. XD
I realize I should be keeping bubble wrap from my H!P purchases, but whatever. xD

And Boinsie, Where on earth do people just... get boxes from?! xD
I'll have to ask my mom that. :P
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby erilaz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 am

^ If you're sending stuff by USPS, the post office has boxes. If you're sending stuff by UPS or FedEx, their stores have boxes, too. I often save boxes from packages I get in the mail, especially if I foresee an eventual need to reuse them, and sometimes I'll bring old shipping boxes home from work, if I don't have anything of the appropriate size at home.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 am

^Funny, my mom said the exact same thing. xD
(she also said it'd probably be easier for me and cost efficient if I used a bubble envelope instead of a box, and send it by USPS instead. xD)
So, whoever is on the receiving end of this, yeah! xD
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby erilaz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:28 am

^ Yes, if it's small enough and sufficiently protected, bubble mailer via USPS is definitely the way to go.
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:36 am

I asked my mom for the best way to do this, I said "I was thinking maybe ups? Idk." and she said "yeah, if you want to pay like $20 as opposed to like $5 or so for the USPS" so yeah. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:34 pm

~double post sry~

The package is officially going out tomorrow. :)
*yay for on time*
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:48 pm

For whoever is sending me my gift if you haven't gotten it out already you might want to get on that soon. I'll be leaving for America on the 22nd and Japan won't leave packages and if you don't pick it up by a certain date they'll return to sender. Considering I'll be in the states for two weeks, that deadline will probably pass while I'm not in the country if I don't get it before I leave. XD Though I expect no one will leave it till THATTTT late, I'm just feeling paranoid about missing packages)
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project