JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (remember to send your stuff out in a timely fashion! ^^ )

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (remember to send your stuff out in a timely fashion! ^^ )

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Gift was opened yesterday but didn't have free time till now to post it.

Merry Christmas TotallyUncool. Santa-san!

I already attacked my art book. How did you know I secretly want to go into art museums and draw clothes on naked ladies? xD It's total ESP we have together I think. Hurhur.

And I've tried both candies. Haw... is not very good to me. xD Maybe I can bring it into work and let the ladies try it.
Once I get my crown fixed I'm totally attacking the ginger candy. I can't eat anything chewy right now. But I LOVE ginger.
Thanks a bunch! :)
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Re: JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (remember to send your stuff out in a timely fashion! ^^ )

Postby TotallyUncool » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:24 pm

When I saw the art book, I knew it would be right for you! XD

Haw is definitely an acquired taste -- and I imagine that a lot of people don't acquire it. XD

Candied ginger was one of my favorite things when I was growing up, so I tend to assume that any kind of ginger candy is good!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby DSQueenie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:46 am

Thank you for the present erilaz!! I loved all the sweets! Especially the cherries. Also now I have to see Big Hero 6! I had no idea that you could eat bark in chocolate my brother and I really enjoyed that. Also the fact that you note said there is one more gift to come makes it a double Christmas!

Spoiler: show

Thank you!
Last edited by DSQueenie on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby boinsie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:31 am

Can we all take a moment to appreciate erliaz's font-quality immaculate handwriting?? :butbut: :heart:
boinsie
Guru

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:51 am

I had to take a second look to realize that it was handwritten!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby erilaz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:04 am

DSQueenie wrote:Thank you for the present erilaz!! I loved all the sweets! Especially the cherries. Also now I have to see Big Hero 6! I had no idea that you could eat bark in chocolate my brother and I really enjoyed that. Also the fact that you note said there is one more gift to come makes it a double Christmas!

Glad you're enjoying it! :D Peppermint bark doesn't actually have bark in it, though. That's just what it's called. It's basically just crushed candy canes in chocolate. (But anything spiced with cinnamon has bark in it.)

I hope Part 2 gets to you soon. I mailed it about a week ago.

boinsie wrote:Can we all take a moment to appreciate erliaz's font-quality immaculate handwriting?? :butbut: :heart:

Aw, shucks…. :$ It appears to have gotten rather smeared in transit, though. :sad:

I haven't opened my Secret Santa gift yet, since I'm out of town, visiting the relatives. I'll be opening up my various presents at home when I get back to the Bay Area.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:17 am

It's interesting seeing what other people got each other, seeing as this is my first time doing this.(yes, i know...)So, for next year, it'll definitely be better. xD (after all, first time's the test-subject. .___.)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby erilaz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:14 pm

I got home late last night and opened my Secret Santa gift from BerryzGiraffe (yeah, it was pretty easy to figure out XD ). It's an assortment of oddments, a few of which have a Japanese connection, a few of which cater to my linguistic side, and a few of which are just plain random. :lol:

My three favorite items (in no particular order) are:
● The vintage 2005 photo of Momoko :heart:
● The shuriken magnet (I've seen these at the local Kinokuniya but never bought one)
● A sample of the alphabet used to write BerryzGiraffe's invented language (!), along with a text in English, written in the script, to be deciphered. I thought this was the most intriguing thing in the package, and I'll probably have a go at puzzling out the text sometime later this evening.

Thanks!
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Hmm! Glad you liked those. xD
After putting in the main stuff... I decided it was mandatory to have those pointless oddities to make it a happy package. xD

As for the language... you did say that languages intrigued you, so I felt "why not?" in sending that part. xD (though I don't think I included anything in the language itself, just code english.)

Were you able to read my terrible handwriting? xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby erilaz » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:24 pm

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:As for the language... you did say that languages intrigued you, so I felt "why not?" in sending that part. xD (though I don't think I included anything in the language itself, just code english.)

I'd be interested in seeing specimens of the actual language, as well, just to get a taste of its vocabulary and grammar.

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:Were you able to read my terrible handwriting? xD

It was slow going in places, but I made it through. :lol: Believe me, I've seen worse — much worse! Both of my bosses have more difficult writing, and until you've seen J.R.R. Tolkien's sloppiest chicken scratch, you won't know the true meaning of the word "illegible".
erilaz
Lazarus

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project