JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (remember to send your stuff out in a timely fashion! ^^ )

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: JPlop's 2014 Secret Santa (Sign up by Nov. 16!)

Postby erilaz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:10 am

I think I'll join in this year!

I have absolutely no objection to second-hand items, if they're in decent condition. But something that is ratty and gross is also okay if (a) the coolness/weirdness/rarity of the item offsets the bad condition or (b) the rattiness and grossness is the whole point of the item. :mikihead:

General: Weird stuff, especially weird old stuff, is good.

Books: See above. I have a particular love of unusual old books about languages (duh), and Armenian and artificial international languages are especially welcome. Whackadoodle pseudo-science is also good.

Knick-knacks: Weird and/or creepy things are good. Skulls, snakes, dragons, or triceratopses (even cute ones) will fit my decor nicely. Smaller is better, since I don't have a lot of room.

Clothing: Interesting and funny t-shirts are the cornerstone of my personal style. Engrish t-shirts are especially welcome. Size XL preferred, but I can also fit into an L. Again, second-hand is not a problem; I've bought some of my favorite shirts at thrift stores.

Jewelry: Not really interested in jewelry, unless you're talking about unusual character watches or World War I German military decorations. XD

Food: I like sweet things, spicy things, and especially things that are sweet and spicy at the same time. Ginger and wasabi are my two favorite elements of Japanese cuisine. No food allergies or dietary restrictions.

Ephemera: I collect interesting postcards (new or used). See my posts in the Recent Purchases Thread for examples.

If people could provide lists of their favorite H!P members (including OGs), I might be able to add some bonus goodies to someone's package…. Some of my favorites are Yaguchi Mari, Kago Ai, Yoshizawa Hitomi, Iida Kaori, Ichii Sayaka, Takahashi Ai, Kamei Eri, Fujimoto Miki, Niigaki Risa, Sayashi Riho, Heike Michiyo, Shibata Ayumi, and Tsugunaga Momoko.
Last edited by erilaz on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby boinsie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:23 am

Yay erliaz!!
Hey BerryzGiraffe, did you want me to add you to the committed list?

As for myself~

Likes: Candy, snacks. The colors green, brown, white. Nature related-things, both plants and animals. Dinosaurs. Stuff about where you're from (especially if it's a different country... note, I collect foreign coins). Earrings (stainless steel). Needlessly cute things. Creepy stuff. My favorite H!P girls are Airi (Erika), Yurina, Zukki/Haruka/Masaki (Tsuji/Kago), Dawa/Meimi, Karin. Also Kikkawa Yuu, YuiKaori, StylipS. I'm a HUGE Tsunku/Sharan Q fan.

Dislikes: Sports, spicy foods. Disney. Coffee. Top 40 music. I don't really wear much jewelry... though, again, cute things are cute.

Allergies: I'm a vegetarian, so no meat or meat products. This includes obvious ingredients like meat, fish, or beef tallow/lard, but also other things you might otherwise think innocuous, such as gelatin, carmine, fish oil, etc. But milk/eggs/honey are fine. And I'm technically allergy-free. Bring on the peanuts! :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 am

yep!! Count me in :)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Edited my post with H!P favourites, and added that I can slip in a MM14 concert good since the graduation concert is after the deadline here, but before the time I'd be shipping things.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby koregaboku » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm not on the list
:sad:

Likes: Food and things that have to do with food like cookbooks, cooking utensils, spices/herbs, etc. etc. I've also been trying to read more but that's more off and on lol.
Dislikes: I don't particularly have any dislikes but as I get older I realize I'm not much of a tsotchke kind of person. Don't get me wrong, I'm just a much a consumer as the next person but I like my stuff to serve a function.
\
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby boinsie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:22 pm

^ Shoot, sorry! I must have missed your post! Added ya. :)
boinsie
Guru

Postby DSQueenie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 pm

I don't mind any type of gift. Perhaps something I can't get in the UK? Like a local drink or sweeties. If you can get H!P stuff then anything with Zukki.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby Echidna » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:25 am

I want to participate!

Likes: cute, girly things :) stationary (esp pens, washi tape and stickers), Disney, Harry Potter; chocolate; fav colors: purple, pink, red; fav MM14 members: Zukki, Sakura, Sayu; OG: forever Konno :) and Gocchin :) also Ayumi Hamasaki :)

Dislikes: I don't know %)) basically I dislike things that can't be useful %)) and I don't really like orange and yellow colors, also hate grey and brown :)
Echidna
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm definitely in this year since I couldn't do last year. \:

I like... useful stuff. xD; I'm a writer so anything related to that (notebooks/pens/papers) is a lot of fun and sexy stuff. *_*
I also love scrunchies and stuff like that. *_* and earrings.. bigger=better. Not a big fan of gold etc though.
Favorite colors are purple, black, blue, teal, white, silver... but I like all colors really.

Don't have many dislikes at all... uuh... boring stuff? xD; Sorry to be difficult. :P
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Jessi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:02 am

Okay I'm in!

I didn't do it last year but I did it the year before.

I promise to send a better gift this year!

I dislike makeup, jewlery and anything a normal girl typically likes lol

I like science, history, cute things, animals :3
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project