Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: S/mileage's new name is ANGERME, 3rd gen members announced

Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:06 am

I'm curious about what those in this thread think considering the other thread has the word "Angelum" in the title.

Jessi wrote:Okay so lets come to an official agreement:

Its アンジュルム in Japanese

Angerme in French

and Angelum in English

?

I'm thinking we can just come to an acceptance that Angerme is a (albiet made up) french word and not an English word and therefore we can respect that and move on.

Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:12 am

i don't even know what you mean by "Angelum in english" since that's nothing in english. :lol: i think boinsie brought it up when she was transliterating アンジュルム into something it sounds more like. if you wanna do english, combining ANGEL + TEARS in the same spirit as ANGE + LARME would result in ANGELEARS.

Spoiler: show

:hehe:

Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:05 am

Or perhaps アンジュルム = Ange Rum (or in somewhat more proper French, Ange Rhum), although アンジュ does seem rather close to "Anjou" (the former duchy, and currently the department of Maine-et-Loire).

So obviously, アンジュルム refers to a bunch of tipsy angels flying in the sky over Anjou while drinking imported Martinique rum. It makes perfect sense. XD

Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:19 am

Either way, it's great to see that they are using アンジュルム over ANGERME. c:
Now I can stand the name a bit more. :P

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 am

I wonder if Kanana was inspired by the 29th episode of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne?

(note: for those unfamiliar with KKJ, demons possess objects of great beauty turning the object's owner's mind to darkness. KKJ has to seal the demons (and turn them into chess pieces) which unfortunately usually destroys the object. Because the object disappears, KKJ is thought of as a thief. The picture in the screen grab is of a painting that was of an angel crying tears of joy but the artist has started repainting the picture into something more demonic.)
Post a reply