Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: S/mileage's new name is ANGERME, 3rd gen members announced

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:42 am

^Since it comes from the words "ange" and "larme", it definitely needs the "r". Then again, given how the girls themselves have pronounced it, it doesn't really matter.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:42 am

i've gotten used to saying anjurumu, but i can only picture it as アンジュルム when i think of it as a written word. i think i'd be pretty happy with it if the group's official name was in katakana. and they did change S/mileage's official name to be written as スマイレージ, so it would actually be kind of cool if they did the same thing this time too.. XD

*wishful thinking*

Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:42 am

the chants are going to sound weird. Su-mai-rē-ji is easier to say than An-ju-ru-mu.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:49 am

gustave154 wrote: Su-mai-rē-ji is easier to say than An-ju-ru-mu.

Nah, not really, no.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:35 am

gustave154 wrote:the chants are going to sound weird. Su-mai-rē-ji is easier to say than An-ju-ru-mu.

they chant the member's names, not the group name. :?:

Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:32 am

+Kyu wrote:It feels awkward mispronouncing English words but I guess I'll make an exception for ANGERME.

Well. "ANGERME" isn't English so you're not mispronouncing anything. :b

Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:42 am

I second that:
アンジュルム!!!!!!

Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:07 pm

The bizarre situation that English speaking people get upset because of the Romanisation of a French derived name of a Japanese pop group. XD

Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Lemme ask you...
if you had a japanese pop group that romanised a word from a language (pretending it's a real word in another language) that romanised to "fuckit", you would get upset too. xD
except, of course, "angerme" and "fuckit" are totally unrelated in their bad-ness. xD

Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Wow, I'm so out of the loop. Is there any particular reason why they had to change the name? This doesn't really strike me as an upgrade of any kind :lol:
Post a reply