S/mileage's new name is ANGERME, 3rd gen members announced

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: S/mileage to add new members from KSS on 10/4, and change their name

Postby Starra » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:31 pm

otaku_blue wrote:^^
Yeah thats what I mean management, as in Tsunku didn't know, like the higher ups right? Idk.
It's just shocking that so much can change, despite them having such an optimistic attitude before that its so curious.
They're not really struggling, but just from like insisting "S/mileage have x amount of Budokan tickets to go!" and those videos of them being criticised by Tsunku is still fresh in memory (despite being a while ago). I don't really mean "struggling" though even if I wrote it, I can't explain their current situation within HP.

Well, I mean, I'm sure the higher ups knew... But the way you worded it made it sound like the entire thing was their idea. Obviously they didn't come up with every single detail, but the ideas themselves were most probably thought of by the girls. I just don't see why they'd lie to us about that if it wasn't the case.

I ain't even that mad, I'm just shocked lol. I'm just very shocked by this. I'm not pissed, I'm just shocked.
Sorry if I come off way more aggressive and pessimistic? Its not intentional.

I'm heaps excited, and way too anxious about this.

Nah, I probably came off as too harsh. I'm just always on edge around announcement because I see lots of dumb comments so I get annoyed at everything lol. I know I shouldn't talk here, but you always sound really... negative about things in kinda stupid ways. Like, I get that you're upset/shocked by things and that's fine, but maybe wait for more info before posting initial reactions that are kinda off base?

As I said, saying that is kind of hypocritical, but I try... (I promise, I do. It just doesn't always work.)
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Yeah I need to chill and get a life, sorry.

But the way Dawa cries though, after telling 2nd gen just breaks my heart.
I feel so bad for how much of an emotional roller coaster these girls go through, but I'm glad we're getting kenshuusei over training girls who would need more time adjusting and training.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:40 pm

otaku_blue wrote:But the way Dawa cries though, after telling 2nd gen just breaks my heart.

I think she cried because the others cried. Meimi in particular really lost it toward the end.
Last edited by Celedam on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:41 pm

otaku_blue wrote:Yeah I need to chill and get a life, sorry.

It's okay, you're not the only one :whistling: .
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Shabranikuduu » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Oh man, I know I said I didn't want a new audition for S/mileage, but I'm so excited right now. I can't wait to see who they're adding.

As much as I don't want Ayakanon to graduate, I think S/mileage as a group has reached a point where the 2nd gen members can comfortably lead the group. Being an idol is tough, so I wouldn't be surprised if either/both decided to graduate relatively soon.

I'm wondering if this might not be part of the reason why the Country Musume auditions ended with no winners.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:51 pm

dammit, this is not fair. Kosuga Fuyuka left already. :razz:
Amped
High Priest

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Personally, I'm shocked, happy, and scared.
On one hand this could be one of the best things for S/mileage, as for the longest time everyone's been saying "Why are they still called S/mileage if....." so that takes care of that problem... (now to deal with C-ute... XD) But as for the new members, it will either be really great, or terrible. What if the chemistry doesn't work out? Knowing H!P, it will, because the girls seem to get along fine usually... but it's still a mystery. (also this happens 10/4, the day before the NY mm concert so... we'll all get to argue and discuss the new members and names on line for the event. YAY. lol. sarcasm.)
The thing is, Smileage... the name.... it will be lost forever if they change it, but what can you do.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Jessi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:54 pm

I watched the video again. I think this was Ayaka and Kanons choice. It's possible that one or both might be considering graduation. Maybe Kanon decided to graduate in a year and Ayaka decided that after Kanon leaves she would leave shortly after. Perhaps Ayaka did want to stay till 25, but the thought of Kanon leaving made her change her mind? We can't know for sure.

It's inspiring to think that Budokan influenced this decision. Perhaps they see how incredible Morning Musume is and aspire to reach that level of success. Sure they are doing better than most idols out there, but as the weakest of H!P they know they can do better and this is what they decided will be the way to reach that. Adding new members after their graduation rather than letting the group taper off or reach disbandment. It's like choosing Morning Musume rather than Berryz. Living on forever so to speak? They get new members now, help them adjust to the group and become secure and then they graduate with a legacy rather than as just members of a group. Something like that. I think it's admirable to say the least.

Also I am just incredibly excited to see Kenshuusei debut. I'm also for Hamachan, but I have a feeling 10/01 will be the debut of a new group. That leaves all the Kenshuusei not stated for 10/01 as options. So maybe Rikako, Nanami, Tagucchi and another girl?
Last edited by Jessi on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:54 pm

Upfront-Link
[EN] Concerning S/mileage
24 September 2014 at 23:17
S/mileage made their major debut for more than 4 years and a half.

We began as 4 members but on 2011 Ogawa and Maeda successively graduated and the group had to surpass a crisis.
During this crisis 2nd generation members have been added and 6 members composed the group since then. We, as 6 members, had to overcome many things and this year, we have been able to successfully perform at the Budokan, a dream for us.
For S/mileage, it was something really big and we have been able to get more self-confidence by ourselves.

We feel really gratitude towards the 4 members of the 2nd generation.
With the successful Budokan's live, we have reached the point of thinking that S/mileage can do things bigger and bigger.
Then during some habitual discussion with the 2nd generation, we sometimes felt anxiety from them about what will happen to the group if we, the original members, would graduate from S/mileage.
We discussed with our staff, and we will add members from Hello! Pro Kenshuusei. We think that adding new members would be a good stimulus for everyone.
With this new group' start, our name will change as well. We are currently taking applications for this new name.
It was "the first chapter" of S/mileage until now. We think that with the new group's name, we, as 6 members plus the new members will start "the second chapter".
To be able to do what we couldn't do until now, we would like to challenge new things in order to reach this potentiality.
Please continue to support us from now as well.

S/mileage Ayaka Wada, Kanon Fukuda

http://www.helloproject.com/news/2047/

PS: the translation may not be perfect/accurate, thank you for your understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 7431178843

If it came as a shock to Tsunku, I wonder that if he had known, would there be a different outcome to 12th gen.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby questorminator » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 pm

I'm excited with the announcement that they will add members from the KKS. They have a lot of promising and talented girls there.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project