S/mileage's new name is ANGERME, 3rd gen members announced

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: S/mileage to add new members from KSS on 10/4, and change their name

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Their original logo is way too cool for a name change. This is outrageous and contradicts everything their emotional Budokan stood for.
A name change is way too much and unnecessary! Unless the name change isn't too drastic. This makes me so mad as a 4-nin fan.

What makes me more pissed is that Dawa said a while back she didn't want 3rd gen members and liked S/mileage the way they are. UGH.
And then Kosuga Fuyuka left, this girl is so damn unlucky, she must be crying buckets right bout now since she still had a go at the idol thing post Kenshuusei with Aina at that cafe gig. UGH. This frustrates me...

Kenshuusei I want:
Manaka, Rikako, Funaki, Nanami, Hamaura

I wanted a new unit, but not like this... :(

I have a feeling it might be Manaka or Rikako
Last edited by otaku_blue on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Starra » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:47 pm

otaku_blue wrote:This is outrageous and contradicts everything their emotional Budokan stood for.
A name change is way too much and unnecessary! Unless the name change isn't too drastic. This makes me so mad as a 4-nin fan.

Okay, no. They decided on these things because of Budoukan. Ayaka and Kanon saw Budoukan as a goal. Performing there made them realise how much S/mileage has changed since their debut, and they want to secure the group's future for 2nd gen should they graduate. So the two of them came up with the idea of 3rd gen, and the name change, because they want the group to continue long after they leave and they also want to start over.

This will be the second chapter of S/mileage (their words), and since the members decided it, I really don't see why everyone is so mad.

Also, get the fuck over 1st gen already. It's been three years. The group has changed a lot since then, and will continue to change, and when Ayaka and Kanon leave it will be completely different.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Celedam wrote:
Mixi wrote:Ayacho said just last month that she wants to graduate around the age of 25, like Sayumi. Kanon seems to like idoling too much. I can't see her graduating until she turns 25 either.

We'll see. A lot happens in any person's life between 20 and 25.

From the way that Kanon calmly went through it all, I feel like she might be the one more likely to be starting to think of graduation as a thing that might be sooner rather than later, especially after Berryz is gone. But who knows how things will end up. There are so many big changes happening (new blood, new debuts, Sayu graduating, Berryz stopping activity) that I'm H!P's general energy is about to really be different.

As for what KSS, for some reason I've always wanted Hamachan to be in S/mileage. In general though, it'd be nicer to get some higher toned or squeakier voices, we have a lot of nice low ones right now in the 2nd Gen and I always like some balance lol
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:55 pm

^^

I didn't hear about the start over thing.

Ugh, just from what stuff they've said before, it feels more like a forced fed script by management.
I'm not pissed at the new members thing, just at the name change. Like they're struggling enough as it is, and a name change ain't gonna change that if the name is a massive difference. I wouldn't be surprised though if they

Im not even that mad about 1st gen, since even the 2nd gen girls worked towards being apart of "S/mileage" and then they were finally able to like stand there and come together as S/mileage at Budokan. Like for me, I thought it was supposed to be representative of how far they've come, and established themselves as "S/mileage" in terms of growth and cohesiveness. Maybe its just the rebranding that's been going on for Cool Hello? Idk. But man S/mileage gets way too much shit as it is already.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Starra » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:59 pm

What? I really don't think it's management. I get you're upset, but dude... Ayaka and Kanon have been idols for ten years, why do you think they're incapable of making their own decisions?

So their reactions were scripted, then? Because if it was scripted, they wouldn't have thrown 2nd gen's actual reactions in there. And also Tsunku said on his blog that he knew nothing about it and was equally surprised.

Stop trying to pull shit out of your ass just because you're upset at something. God forbid idols make choices that you don't like.

Like they're struggling enough as it is,

Says you. They still sell better than 95% of idol groups. They're doing perfectly fucking fine.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby aggisu » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Exciting!! A welcome change in my opinion.
I just hope the new name won't be worse than S/mileage.

watch it be S/mileage '15
aggisu
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 佐藤優樹

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:11 pm

^^
Yeah thats what I mean management, as in Tsunku didn't know, like the higher ups right? Idk.
It's just shocking that so much can change, despite them having such an optimistic attitude before that its so curious.
They're not really struggling, but just from like insisting "S/mileage have x amount of Budokan tickets to go!" and those videos of them being criticised by Tsunku is still fresh in memory (despite being a while ago). I don't really mean "struggling" though even if I wrote it, I can't explain their current situation within HP.

I ain't even that mad, I'm just shocked lol. I'm just very shocked by this. I'm not pissed, I'm just shocked.
Sorry if I come off way more aggressive and pessimistic? Its not intentional.

I'm heaps excited, and way too anxious about this.
Last edited by otaku_blue on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Starra wrote:
otaku_blue wrote:Like they're struggling enough as it is,

Says you. They still sell better than 95% of idol groups. They're doing perfectly fucking fine.

Indeed. They might be struggling within H!P, but H!P as a whole is still bigger and stronger than almost everyone else in the business. It's all relative. People seem to forget that.
Last edited by Celedam on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Chatin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 pm

It's a management thing in the way that the girls may have discussed their desires, but management gets to decide what actually happens and what they're allowed to express to the public. Tsunku's surprise was likely at Ayaka and Kanon privately discussing the desire to change with their managers or Tsunku. There is no way he didn't know before the announcement.

I'm interested to see how this pans out, and hope its all for the best.
Chatin
Minion

Postby MarioYaguchi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm so happy for the new gen, there are SO MANY good idols on kenshuuusei so i'm really happy they get to debut.
MarioYaguchi
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project