Berryz Koubou have gone on indefinite hiatus as of 3/3

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Berryz Koubou have gone on indefinite hiatus as of 3/3

Postby Mixi » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 am

I watched Love together! on Harosute twice and sobbed twice. Risako's voice and the name chants got me. It was such a moving performance. It felt like both the girls and the audience were expressing their gratitude towards each other. I wish I had been there to share the moment.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby koregaboku » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:41 am

I'd like to say, that Berryz graduation makes me appreciate how humane UF* seems. The futures the girls have planned make sense to me.

Captain and Chinami: Both of them are at an age where they would/should be working, but as what? This allows them to both make a living and hopefully gain some skills that they can parlay into careers..
Maasa: Another one who needs work who's future wasn't clear. But slightly more tailored to something Maasa likes to do.
Yurina: We knew she was in school and that UF* worked their schedule around it. Letting her complete school and then return to modeling isn't necessarily in UF*'s best interest but arguably in Yurina's best interest.
Miyabi: It was surprising to me that she helped coordinate Country Girl's debut outfits and that I didn't know about this until after Miyabi officially graduated. It shows that this wasn't like a Girls Style segment where it's part for fun but rather serious business. Part of the selling point of CG is Momoko, not Miyabi, and UF* understands that. Miyabi's style is at times eccentric but it's definitely style and being a stylist seems to suit her, especially since she has experience wearing the outfits.
Momoko: Arguably the one with the most at stake in the fame business. I respect Momoko as much as I respect Sayu. They both worked their asses off to be known in the entertainment world even if their respective groups weren't the biggest names around. Momoko even juggled school along with it. She has the character and business (?) savvy for it. Country Girls lets Momoko still be an "idol" but it doesn't seem facetious because she is and at the same time isn't Country Girls. She's definitely there to help the other girls and I think they made the conscious decision of not really focusing on her too much in the Gomen ne MV.

Finally,
Risako: Taking a break. If I was gonna guess that anyone in Berryz would take a break, it would be Risako. The sense I got from Risako is that she doesn't like being an entertainer... but loves performing. I feel like Berryz was a way for Risako to show off her talent but she was never superbly comfortable with being an idol. Honestly, I'd be surprised to see Risako return to a public facing role in the entertainment industry. However, she put in her time and she deserves to think about what it is she wants in a future.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Amped » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 am

Momochi talked about Berryz last concert on Ohasuta today at the beginning and she wrote a special letter to her Berryz mates at 17:39. A surprise video message from Shimizu. They also celebrated her birthday early (March 6th)

https://twitter.com/ohaohagirl/status/5 ... 4866951168
Amped
High Priest

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 am

Momoko looked so happy once she saw Saki on the screen :heart:. I pray to god that Berryz continue to interact with each other every now and then.

I noticed that apart of Saki's video got cut off. I think she started crying.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:02 pm

I just read Kumai's blog post....
she wrote
後悔しない!!
って言うと嘘になるけど、、、

というかこれだけ幸せな人生を送って
これたんだから後悔して当たり前だと思う。
in the blog... and that... wow. Just, wow. ;-;

If anyone wants to translate properly, go ahead. xD (but I get the gist of what she's saying which is basically "if I say "I don't regret it!" it's a lie because it's natural to regret moving on from such a wonderful life")
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby BerryzKobo4Life » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 pm

BerryzCelebration wrote:Momoko looked so happy once she saw Saki on the screen :heart:. I pray to god that Berryz continue to interact with each other every now and then.

I noticed that apart of Saki's video got cut off. I think she started crying.

Yes, I, too, also pray to God that the girls maintain their friendship and are able to come together to keep performing in the future.
えっちなのはいけないと思い
BerryzKobo4Life
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Momoko/Maasa/Yurina/Risako

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Berryz was never close to being my top group, but I have so much respect for all of them and I love the way UF* has treated everything about their "hiatus".

And I noticed that Momoko was about two seconds from breaking down into tears after the Love Together performance. In the HD version you can see her eyes watering up as she's leaving the stage.

And considering how much singing these girls did in a few days time, I'm surprised all of them didn't lose their voices.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Re: Berryz Koubou to go on indefinite hiatus on 3/3 after Budoukan concert

Postby Amped » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:03 am

Amped wrote:4066 days, 36 singles, 13 albums, 136 original songs, 666 concert performances
http://mantan-web.jp/2015/03/03/2015030 ... 1000c.html

a fan got a pic of Tamura and Fukuda Kanon
https://twitter.com/2tumo_evergreen/sta ... 7421400064

someone took this pic with their phone at Berryz last concert

from the front - 2nd row (Mizuki, Eripon, Riho, Kanon, Harunan, Ayumi, Maachan)
3rd row (Kudo in red, Oda, 12th gen)
4th row (Angerme, Juice, Country Girls)

http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/entr ... 67814.html

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:42 am

Berryz outfits from their last concert are now on display for anyone to see and take pictures of
https://twitter.com/hello_shop_tak/stat ... 4855547905
Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:52 am

Momochi's pigtails never moved, I'm fully convinced they're devil horns.

Since that's out of the way, this was a good concert. The only thing I didn't like was Maji Bomber!! being in the setlist. :lol:
I was like "YEAH" when Jiriri Kiteru came on. First every Bellyz song I heard. Kinda sad it's their last performance of it.
They were total pros throughout the whole thing, even when they were bawling their eyes out.

I still can't listen to Love together!, it makes me too sad. :|
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project