[10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN/Shabadabadoo~/Mikaeri Bijin

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

favorite song?

TIKI BUN
33%
Shaba daba doo
23%
Mikaeri Bijin
44%

Total votes : 66

Re: [9/17] Morning Musume。'14 57th single

Postby Haru » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:55 am

I think I'm the only one in the world who liked "Pyoko." :tmi:
But yeah, I agree with Starra 200%.

Mixi wrote:Only MM keeps the same sound right now, and they kept changing styles until this era. Sayu-lead MM is exceptional in this respect. Other H!P groups always change styles. If this single ends up being a metal song, it doesn't mean the next one will follow suit.

I'm only accepting Metal Musume now. If I get anything else I will be disappointed.
Haru
Initiate

Favorite Idol: That one.

Postby Starra » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:04 am

Haha, I liked Pyoco, but tbh I get why it was poorly received. I feel like it wasn't really a "Morning Musume。"-level a-side. If it had been another group (S/mileage, or hell, even Berryz) I think less people would've complained. But, as it was, it was an a-side (and remember, this was before double a-sides!) at a time when MM。's popularity was on the decline... again. I guess people were annoyed for multiple reasons, though. For one, it was 10th gen's debut single, and up until then most gens had had a strong debut single (okay, personal opinion, but imo Pyoco is the weakest debut single for any generation with the exception of Summer Night Town, but that was forever ago).

It also came out after Ai's grad, which was a big fucking deal at the time (as grads usually are), and I think people were worried that MM。would be going in a more "childish" (I use the term loosely) direction, what with four younger girls joining. Obviously in hindsight this didn't happen, but at the time nobody had any fucking clue. And the outfits were also a thing.

Also, I could be remembering this wrong, but I think Risa's grad got announced around the same time Pyoco did, so people were worried that it might end up being her grad single. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure on this, but that's just what I vaguely remember, at least.

Basically, Pyocopyoco isn't a bad song, but it just didn't work as a single at the time considering all the things that were going on around the time of its release. So I think that's why people didn't take well to it. If it'd been a c/w or an album track (or even released as part of a double a-side) then I think maybe people would've liked it more. As it happens, though, nobody really did and it's MM。's worst selling single...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Jessi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:29 am

When I said I wanted another Wagamama i meant that in terms of badassness. That song really captured you. And the PV was of such a high quality that I just don't feel we've had since. It doesn't have to sound like Wagamama per say, but I would like it to be more Kakkoii (Cool) sounding and more uptempo. There are many ways you could do that.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Starra » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:35 am

That's fair. I get that tbh. But Idk, I do think there are people who actually do want songs that sound similar to whatever other songs they like.

Knowing me (which I unfortunately do), I'm probably getting this completely wrong and misinterpreting the shit out of everything, but I still stand by my point that it's boring to have songs that sound similar -- at least too often. I get that MM。have an overall "sound" at this point (EDM) but they don't sound generically similar or anything (again, like *48 do at the moment*).

(*I promise I'm not hating on *48... I still like the groups and all, but music-wise they've been boring as fuck lately.)
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:18 am

I hated Pyoco when I first encountered it (I was researching MM again after being out of the loop for a year or so), but it was pretty much for all the reasons you mentioned. Listening back to it now, it's one of the songs I love the most from MM XD

That being said, I'm also for something badass. Rock would be super nice and I could totally see the girls owning that. But something that just moves me would be great (TokiSora and Wagamama just had so much impact and that's what I want the most).

I'm going to be hoping for awesome C-ute-level PVs this time around. Or something with a story. I'mma dream big D<!
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Jessi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:52 pm

C-ute really does get the best PVs! Morning Musume needs that same level of quality and consistency! I always wonder why it's not consistent across the board. Does cute get more funding? Is it because of the different record labels? Do they have a mystery donor that specifically asked for the money to be used on C-ute? (I joke :P)

Wagamama was a very high quality and all around well made PV. The best they have had in a long time. I feel Password is 0 was a bit of a let down for a PV. What is Love was a huge blunder. Kimi no kawari was okay. Egao and Tokisora were good, but not as good as Wagamama in my opinion. A good quality PV can really enhance a song. It has changed my mind about some songs that I thought were good but not great and made fall in love with them.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm pretty sure that C-ute and Morning Musume are both under Zetima. But they do have different management, so... That could be the case.

Morning Musume. needs another Wagamama-type MV.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Amped » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:22 am

Amped wrote:competition so far.
LiSA, JUJU, The Pillows,

add SEXY ZONE, SOLIDEMO, Tomomi Kasai
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... 35068.html

SEXY ZONE 5th consecutive #1 single in Oct.2013. (invited to Kouhaku).
Their latest single was their 6th consecutive #1 (151k) in May 2014

SE gets their 7th or Morning Musume. '14 gets their 6th. a streak will end.
Amped
High Priest

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:10 am

ACTUAL COMPETITION.

It's gonna be CLOSE
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:21 am

If this turns out to be Sayumi's last single then they will have much better marketing for it than if it wasn't. But yeah, it's gonna be hella close!
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project