[10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN/Shabadabadoo~/Mikaeri Bijin

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

favorite song?

TIKI BUN
33%
Shaba daba doo
23%
Mikaeri Bijin
44%

Total votes : 66

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby Amped » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:17 pm

barks.jp article about Morning Musume. songs like Mikaeri Bijin not written by Tsunku
http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000107209
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:58 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:
forgetmenots wrote:How many other MM single songs haven't been written by Tsunku? I feel like I heard that at least one other is, but I could be misremembering that conversation.
Only cover songs. For singles it's been "Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyountanjima" and "Pepper Keibu" (and it's c/w "Romance").
I missed one in singles (thank you, barks.jp article); "Ai no Tane".

Though I'm sure some people wouldn't put it in the same category because it was used to test the waters/was indies and such.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:24 am

Amped requested summaries of Tsunku's comments on the girls for the upcoming single.
Apologies in advance if there are any typos. Alcohol makes me lazy. (8

Tsunku wrote:Michishige: Really surprised that she has kept improving so much even to this year. In there hasn't been anyone in the past, in the group, that has been able to work as smoothly and keep everything in check as well as she does. A real professional. Stay true to yourself until the very end!

Fukumura: Silently supports Michishige, it's noticeable. Also noticeable how she's working hard to improve. Her dancing and singing is improving gradually.

Ikuta: In both good and bad ways she's the one to stand out. But in the end that's a good thing. In showbiz one has to stand out no matter what, after all. She's still not happy with various things about herself, but compared to how she was 4 years ago she's improved greatly. Her dancing really stands out.

Sayashi: Has become much feminine and courageous lately. There hasn't been anyone like her in the group before. Maybe not even in showbiz. She keeps improving silently. It'll be interesting to see how she will be when she's 20.

Suzuki: Her character becoming quite stable these days... or maybe not. Maybe she's not fully there yet, the public doesn't know Suzuki's full potential yet, only 1/3 has become known so far. She probably knows this herself, as well, so with this upcoming single keep climbing!

Iikubo: She keeps growing! With talking and even as a celebrity, she keeps growing. She tries hard in singing and dancing as well, and if she just keeps this up even more she'll surely look different soon too. The more leveling up she does, the more stable her place in showbiz will be, as well.

Ishida: She's already 17 years old. Since she's short she's often grouped with the younger ones, but she's already in the grown up team. Surely from the end of this year, until the beginning of the next year, ishida will grow up to an adult even more. Ah, and she should set her goal even higher when it comes to dancing!

Satou: She keeps acting the youngest one, but she's quite clever. She's bad at studying, but somehow she has the ability to pull through, making her a smart girl in one way. But if she sees this she'll just think she's smar, and that's kinda scary... Work hard!

Kudou: She's gotten taller and her voice more stable, she's standing out this year. She's always been photogenic and it's really showing now. In "TIKI BUN" too she shines in a different way, looking forward to see where she goes from now.

Oda: She's a little bit of everything. Her singing, her movements, her personality... it's all a bit of everything. She can be put on the side and work just fine, but she can also be the center and nail that as well. That she can change like that is a great thing to have. Please work hard at improving!
Last edited by Sohee on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby stam4o » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:35 am

Zunu wrote:Momoclo have the C-ute/Perfume/UUG thing going where they fit together so well as a group. And Kanako is adorably cute in the same way that Airi or Minami Sengoku are. Not to say she's AS cute, that's a matter of preference. But she has a similar kind of quirky moe personality.

Anyway, as far H!P's lack of mainstream acceptance, I think it falls down to two things.

1) When you compare Up-Front groups to other idol groups, you have to look at the situation with album sales, which IMO are a better barometer of true cross-spectrum popularity. So, for example, Colorful Era has outsold any of Momoiro CloverZ's singles, by a generous margin. But their album sales are feeble by comparison - their most recent not even racking 1/10th the sales of Momoclo's. That's not to say that MM don't have catchy songs, but the ones they promote as singles don't have the kind of quintessential sound that Jpop listeners seek out. Morning Musume's formation dancing is electrifying to watch, and has spurred fans to buy lots of singles, but doesn't necessarily translate into the type of music that non-fans will get into and remember in the sense of "that was my jam."

2) I have a (completely unsubstantiated) feeling that Up-Front (maybe Naoki or Yukako Yamazaki) don't like to do the type of schmoozing and dealing that gets your acts on big shows. It's like they want to be 100% in control of their operation and don't want to compromise their autonomy. It seems to me they face a situation that a lot of mid-size companies face - growth financing. They're doing well, making money, but the closely held company doesn't want to cede control of their organization in order to expand, even if it means they will make tons more. Up-Front's presumably profitable, so from their point of view, they don't need to step outside of their comfort zone. Maybe they'll get lucky again with another million seller, but they don't want to pursue an AKS/Dentsu strategy in order to achieve it, and they don't have the raw muscle of Stardust who promote Momoclo. We as fans just need to accept that there's a ceiling on their activities. Without big money backers, there's only so much promotion they can pay for; only so many risks they can take.

Celedam's hypothesis is interesting as well. We all remember those kids in school, the ones who were in ballet or band practice all evening or whose parents had them boning up for the MCAT from age 11, and as a result didn't really have time to socialize and make friends. They were admirable, but at the same time kind of aloof. They weren't the first ones you'd invite to a party or even to a group study session because you knew they were gonna say no anyway. In a sense, maybe Morning Musume come off a bit like that to people. "They're wonderful but aren't they kind of taking that whole idol thing really seriously?"

Hmmm, I think I can agree with that. I bet UF know by experience how inflation works and that most of it's effects might not be benefitial. I mean, I guess it all comes about protection - you see, of course the company make a lot of risks but not the ones that could do a serious harm to them or most importantly even to their artists. Inflational exposure can get to be the worst and it could lead also to the loss of each own's path even if it's in terms of artistical language or financial stuff or whatever, because after all it's an exposure and at a global rate you are almost always being dicted things at a certain way by globality. So I would agree with that they are choosing to take every step slowly and safely keeping to their own game and not leaving brusquely their hardly-built style.
Which actually is a wise move.
Though.
Playing extremely safely isn't good either and I think that's UF's actual biggest problem - they've been going on the safe road for too long already they've just got used to it and continue keeping to it. And what Celedam was saying about MM's current flawlessness but intimidation is probably one of the results of all that.
Just now I remembered a moment when I showed a picture of Momusu to my friends (very K-popish) and they were like: "Those girls a kinda... scary, right?" ..... Maybe confirming it in a way.... :|
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:23 pm

Arama added a bit more info:
It has been revealed that Morning Musume ’14‘s new single, “Tiki Bun / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin” (to be released on October 15th), will be produced by someone else other than Tsunku.

On August 28th, Tsunku revealed on his official blog he hired a different writer to produce the song “Mikaeri Bijin”. Although singles such as “Pepper Keibu” (37th single, including its coupling track “Romance”) and “Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima” (17th single) were cover songs (therefore, not produced by Tsunku), this is the first song Tsunku has not produced since “Ai no Tane”, the coupling track to Morning Musume‘s debut single “Morning Coffee” (“Ai No Tane” was also the group’s first indie single. Lyrics written by Kenzo Saeki, composed and arranged by Tetsutaro Sakurai).

“Mikaeri Bijin” will be a song sent to Sayumi Michishige at her graduation concert at Yokohama Arena on November 26th, where she will graduate from Morning Musume ’14 and Hello! Project as a whole. On top of that, this song will be sung by the current members of the group sans Michishige.

According to this, Tsunku commented, “I thought it would be better to request people who have made songs that honor Japanese tradition rather me having to express Michishige’s classical feelings towards her juniors as “good women” equals “harmony”. Therefore, I asked Shinichi Ishihara to write the lyrics and Tetsuya Gen to compose the music.” Ishihara has written songs starting from Masako Mori‘s “Etto Tsubame” and has continued to write songs for artists such as Yosuke Tagawa, Beauty Pair, and Takuro Yoshida. On the other hand, Gen has composed songs for the leading figures of Japanese enka such as “Amagigoe” by Sayuri Ishikawa and “Futarizake” by Miyuki Kawanaka.

Speaking of which, Tsunku also added on his blog, “Nowadays we’re too conscious about the song arrangement, so now we are making the best use of the demo tape and melody’s power to naturally finish it.” Because of this comment, fans are having speculations about the song. Morning Musume’s recent songs are strongly EDM (Electronic Dance Music) based, so “Mikaeri Bijin” might have a different twist than the melodic theme listeners are used to hearing these days!

http://aramajapan.com/news/morning-musu ... unku/7691/
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Call me petty, but.

It's not harmony, it's Japanese. The kanji /could/ also mean harmony but in this context it refers rather to Japanese/traditional etc.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Mixi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Every time this thread is bumped, I'm disappointed that a preview of Mikaeri Bijin isn't out yet, and I get more excited about it. The hype is real.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby PikoAshy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Ditto
PikoAshy
Acolyte

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 pm

I always wait for a two page bump before I start getting excited XD... Though of course sometimes that's just an arguement of some kind.

Tsunku's note about Haruka makes me wonder if maybe she has a stand-out part of some kind (or just referring to how well her voice is heard in the song and how it shines). I wondered it from my own reading of it and when Sohee's didn't seem to change how I interpreted it now I wonder more.

Originally by my own reading I also wondered if Kanon was going to get something as well, but with Sohee's translation it seems unlikely he was talking about her singing parts there XD...
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Starra » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 pm

Honestly with JPlop, if there are lots of new replies to a release thread, absolutely nothing has happened, lol. It's been that way for as long as I can remember tbh.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project