My opinion of this H!P member drastically changed when...

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: My opinion of this H!P member drastically changed when...

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:48 pm

Starra wrote:This may seem silly, but my opinions of members always go downhill if they're involved in scandals. Yes, I get that the dating rules are dumb, but they're there, and the girls should, I dunno, kinda follow them.

To me, if they get caught with a dude or something, it feels like they don't really care about their fans or their job. If they truly did, they wouldn't risk it. Chances are you're gonna get caught, sorry. The thing is not to not get caught, the thing is to not do anything in the first place.

Basically if they don't care about their fans enough to follow the rules, then I'm not gonna care about them much either.

I totally agree with this.

I mean, Ishida Ayumi's scandal was just.. Wow. Lost all respect for her and Riho. Why couldn't they just come out to us in the first place? So dishonest.

Lol, jk.

What really confuses me on the dating rule is that if they can sing all these type of love songs, why can't they experience it themselves? I think that it's the urge to experience a love like is said in their songs, although most of the time, the members get caught and they're out the door.

I think that there should be a certain age for idols to date. Like, 18+. Because, if they're going to sing all of these love songs, why can't they actually fall in love? Why, so they can stay pure for their much older male fans?
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:59 pm

I think that the only scandal about the dating rule is that it exists. As far as I'm concerned, the rule itself is inexcusable.

But now I'm trying to seriously think about whether there's anything that does drastically chang my opinion of any H!P members. For the most part, I rate them kind of like this:
1. Favorites
2. The ones who catch my attention
3. The ones I don't notice that much
And for the most part, any change is very likely to move someone a notch higher, but now lower -- I'll start to notice someone who hadn't made that much of an impression, or someone I'd noticed and rather liked will start to grow on me, and become a favorite. And for the most part, the process is gradual.
I'm not sure what it would take for my opinion of a H!P member to seriously drop. I'd be inclined to write of even some seriously rotten behavior as "Oh, well, they really aren't very grown up, are they?" XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:05 pm

I agree on the rule being inexcusible.

In other countries, the singers/"idols" there are allowed to date. Fuck, Zayn from 1D is engaged/married (Stopped following 1D, so you know..). And 1D is one of the most popular boy bands ever! Alot of fans were upset at first, but a majority of them were able to get over it.

I think that JPOP idols should be allowed to date, but at a certain age. It's unfair to them, and this is why scandals happen. Yes, they should follow the rules , no matter how ridiculous they can be, but when they're singing love songs yet not allowed to date... That's just stupid. Plus seeing all of their school friends and other close friends date must make them feel some type of way.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:34 pm

I guess Maachan is someone I changed opinions of. When she first joined, I honestly didn't really care for her and her glares, I didn't dislike her, but I didn't give a thought to her either. I think Haruna was the one I was gravitating towards more when 10ki joined. Oddly enough it wasn't her spastic personality that made me pay attention to her, but her voice. It seems really silly, but her one syllable in One Two Three really stuck out to me. I really liked the tone of the voice and I looked carefully in the video to see who it was and then kept tabs on her in Wakuteka and got super excited about the lines she had (also she was so pretty in that video)... then I discovered her personality and she's had me in a vice grip since.

Attending the one handshake event also left huge impressions on me that shifted girls up and down. Sakura went down, Haruka went up and Haruna and Riho went way up. Haruna because she makes you feel really important LOL And Riho because of how awkward she is. Apparently awkwardness is super endearing to me because after that I started noticing it in videos and becoming way more fond of her, lol.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Im not too sure when but Im pretty sure when Renai Hunter as a single was released, it made me realise just how much of a pro and a reliable member Reina was.
It really made me value her after passing her off as an annoying talented yankee during the platinum era.

Then her cute interactions with Macchan really changed my initial impression of her. It was like "ah, she has this kind of sisterly side to her too?" it was really endearing their relationship.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:49 pm

forgetmenots wrote:And Riho because of how awkward she is. Apparently awkwardness is super endearing to me because after that I started noticing it in videos and becoming way more fond of her, lol.
I'm going to be on the lookout for that - I think I've been catching a little of it without realizing what I was seeing. I gues I'm kind of a sucker for awkwardness, as well. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Kirarena » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:55 pm

@Berryz Celebration: What is Ayumi's scandal? :o
Kirarena
Senior Initiate

Postby Mixi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:08 pm

^ Pretty sure it was a (bad) joke.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:31 pm

I agree though, there should be a "no dating until ___ age."
I would mark it at 20, because that's when they "become adults" in Japan. :P
Think of this: If berryz stays together for another 5 years, they're all going to be in their mid-twenties, and never had a boyfriend... That's kinda unfair to them. :/
Idk, it would make sense to institute that rule.
UF* could be the groundbreaking one to do it! :P (and should. >.>)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby 321BreakinOut » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:41 pm

otaku_blue wrote:Im not too sure when but Im pretty sure when Renai Hunter as a single was released, it made me realise just how much of a pro and a reliable member Reina was.
It really made me value her after passing her off as an annoying talented yankee during the platinum era.

Then her cute interactions with Macchan really changed my initial impression of her. It was like "ah, she has this kind of sisterly side to her too?" it was really endearing their relationship.

Ah, thank you. This was someone else . Never really got into Reina until the same reasons you stated. Her voice is really missed now among the chipmunks
321BreakinOut
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project