My opinion of this H!P member drastically changed when...

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: My opinion of this H!P member drastically changed when...

Postby Zunu » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:37 am

^^ Agree about Sayuki's skill-set really elevating her above initial appearances. I think it also helped that they were able to turn her monkey face into a kind of charm point. She bold-facedly embraced her inner primate.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby sukibeam » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 am

My most drastic change of heart regarding a H!P member was the recent Yaguchi scandal. I know she hasn't been H!P in years, but she was one of the first people in MM I discovered back in the early 00's, so I was a fan for a long time. I even took up translating her blog off and on for a couple years when the first person stopped. I really looked up to her because of how genuine she came across. But I lost absolutely all respect I held for her. When she left MM, I was able to see it as following her heart. But cheating on her husband, who seems like a genuinely great dude... nah, no way to justify that. Even with all the scandal and fighting Aibon has gone through, I just feel pity. I can't feel anything for Yaguchi anymore.

My next biggest was probably Sayu. I thought she was a cute character for a long time after she joined and was neither here nor there about her, but then she started with the narcissist character and I sort of drifted away (not understanding at the time that an Idol persona was different than the actual person's). But when she finally got her blog and it became easier to understand the real Sayu, I started paying more attention again. She became my Oshi when she began opening up her heart about her hardships and you could see just how fiercely she loves MM and worked to promote the group. And when she struggled with really bad acne, I was just completely endeared at how she handled it. Not to mention, her fanbase at the time was really tight-knit, so her threads were cozy places to be (but hey, I'm totally welcoming all the new people who have grown to love her too lol).

I never paid much attention to Chisato, but when she started posting those dance covers to youtube, I started paying more attention to her and just absolutely love her now :) Likewise, I liked Kumai alright, but she became my Berryz fav after the Guardians 4 thing and then Ousama Game.
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby rikkikow » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:30 am

Gaki-san at the time the youngest during the bakajo test and beating
out Yossie. That was classic. That's when she won my heart forever. :lol:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby resop2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:10 am

resop2
Skeptic

Postby sb » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Man I am so fickle I could write a novel on this subject.

Nacchi - I was just so enamored with her at first. I remember watching the Manatsu no Kousen PV and seeing her slow motion singing in the car and thinking, "how cute is she?" Shockingly, I was never really one who would blab on and on about how hot a a chick was and Nacchi (and Ami Suzuki, MAX) changed that.

Then the Do It! Now PV came out. And Nacchi looked like a gray.

Nowadays, I'd chalk that up as a bad day. But I was new to the game back then. And my unrealistic expectations had been shot down. I remember bitching about Momusu back then and everything. Yoshizawa's huge, Maki Goto is graduating, IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! That's when the balance of power went from Nacchi to Kaori.

Kaori - Speaking of. This one was the truth in that Do It! Now PV. Combine that with her strange personality and I was a fan. She liked art, she was clearly uncomfortable in situations she wasn't used to, but funny in ones that she was. She spaces out, OMG she's like a hot, female version of me!

The turning point was I grew up and my tastes changed. Why do you carry yourself so awkwardly? Why do you blink so damn much. You can look hot, but you yourself aren't. You have the charisma of a brick. Her pros turned into cons. Not her fault at all I just changed.

Mari - It's changed twice. She used to be the little cross eyed girl. Stuff like Do It! Now and RR21 changed the hell out of that. Then she got ratchet as hell when she graduated. She's beauty in a bottle.

Risa - At least I skipped a few gens! Risa was super disliked from day one. Annoying, boner killing brat. She was the first girl in the group I actually dislike.

Then she got pretty.

Ok, you're fine now.

But then she'd screw with her hair, or make dumbass expressions. So she's my girl that I'm overly critical of.

Sayumi - I remember watching the Shabondama PV, having high expectations because my 3 faves were sitting together on a couch in the preview. Plus this was Mikitty's Momusu debut. What I get was a shit song and some damn brat yelling into the camera. I was pissed at the group for a while! The songs were meh, Nacchi was graduating, Risa and Sayumi were boner killing everything, IT WAS THE APOCALYPSE! Dammit Sayumi, you aren't the ichiban Kawaii, you ain't cute!

Then stuff like Sexy Boy happened. And Kanshimi Twilight. And pretty much everything else after that. Now I'm hopping on planes paying money to see her in person.

I'm done writing for now. That's probably it for Momusu. Berryz, whom I once despised, and ironically am watching their PVs as I typed this, is next. I could probably run through their whole group.
sb
Minion

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Yaguchi Mari after her scandal, hands down.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Chibs » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:55 pm

^same.

my opinion of sayu has changed a lot but it was mostly from watching hello morning and various other shows and her blogs about eri.

my opinion on ai has also changed but it is not that much different than before.

my opinion on reina has changed too, maybe cause i was originally a bit more biased for her.

i guess everyone else is as i expect them to be
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby koregaboku » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:04 pm

This.

It's not that I disliked Captain before this but I was indifferent. She was just another back girl in a group that I cared least about. For the most part (and this is my fault) I assumed that like Maasa and Chinami, Captain had an unfortunate singing voice and therefore was in the back. This dearest. performance really blew my mind. I didn't expect Captain to perform it as well as she did (and I've said this before but) and I think that she performed it better than Risako did during her birthday event (although concert footage vs. clandestine audio recording is not quite apples to apples).

Since then I've realized that Captain is easily one of the prettier members in H!P and that her dancing really does stand out in Berryz. It's just not on the same level as the other girls.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:14 pm

My opinion of this Jplop member drastically changed when...

Oh. Sorry. My mistake. :mikihead:
Last edited by TotallyUncool on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Starra » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:41 pm

This may seem silly, but my opinions of members always go downhill if they're involved in scandals. Yes, I get that the dating rules are dumb, but they're there, and the girls should, I dunno, kinda follow them.

To me, if they get caught with a dude or something, it feels like they don't really care about their fans or their job. If they truly did, they wouldn't risk it. Chances are you're gonna get caught, sorry. The thing is not to not get caught, the thing is to not do anything in the first place.

Basically if they don't care about their fans enough to follow the rules, then I'm not gonna care about them much either.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project