[07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Postby Denki » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:56 pm

I would have said either the shirt or the shorts should have that pattern, not both. :crazy: :crazy:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Re: [07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Postby wotakubrandon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Sohee wrote:If anything, it's their "Chokkan" -- only a million times better and much more understandable that it does get a re-release?
How dare you, Chokkan 2 is a treasure.

Ugh, those outfits.
wotakubrandon

Postby Moh » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Pattern looks fine as a top, but it makes the shorts look like pajamas.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm

These outfits look bad compared to most recent C-ute outfits. But I guess that it goes with the style of the song. They remind me of something that the Platinum members would wear during a tour or something.

I'm going to wait on the concert preciew, though. Radio rips are better.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm digging these prints. Idk if the combination works yet though.

Not really liking The Power, its such a Berryz type of song. :unsure: Kinda feels like a cross between Cha Cha Sing and Shining Power. :|

Also Tsunku being sick is hardly an excuse, giving him that much credit leads to Tsunku bashing when decisions like this are not entirely independent. Hypothetically anyway, in a worse case scenario there should be someone else that attends to to such jobs, and Tsunku's production is still a collaboration with people who work with UF. Plus, its not like it wouldn't be the first time someone else wrote the lyrics for a HP song.

Translation of Tsunku's blog post by 910percent:
It's ℃-ute 25th single (It's 30th, including indies singles)

C-ute's abilities of Singing, Expressing the world of songs, and dance performance
are shining so much.
Girls fans has increased.
Probably C-ute has something girls have admired.
No, I have produced them, believing that and considering how to improve their abilities more.

■ 【The Power 】
I'll named it "Oriental Electric Dance Music"
A lot of things have happened to Asia countries these days.
I dare to think it positively, it's because Asia still has a lot of energies

A young man have acted dandy in Japan flies to the world with unfounded confidence.
The heroine of the song give peps talk to him.
And, she tell him that too,
"I don't mind you have ambitions and fly for your dream. But if you not have time for me, I'll bother your job."
She is a strong girl.

As the sound has oriental taste, their performances also has oriental taste.
Yep ,the "taste" is the key of the song.
I think it has become a quite strong song.
I hope it will be matured C-ute's masterpiece!

■ 【Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)】
All of fans already know the song.
When they perform it, the venue was a blast.
If you listen to the singing voice of the two top of the song, Suzuki and Okai, everybody will notice their great ability

Whenever I go to their live, I feel that.
But , I participated the recording the this time. I felt again. 「Yes, Great! They are greater singer as I expected]

It was the Coupling song.
But I thought it should be written C-ute's discography
Ahh, I'll deliver you my masterpiece with "Owing to the good reputation" as a single song.

It starts with an acoustic guitar and singing voice slowly.
Gradually, it becomes a hard rock!
The biggest difference point from the previous version is...
The Solo guitar became acoustic guitar and express more bitter sadness.
Their dance performance got sharper as a single version song.
The main singers are Suzuki and Okai.
Yajima, Nakajima Hagiwara also sing unison parts.
I believe it will be loved in the Live concerts and become greater!

■ Yajima
She is a leader of C-ute.
The others including Hagiwara are getting mature.
She is an eldest member but keeps on her pureness.
When she was going to sing sad songs in her child days. her face looked angry.
But, she seems to have a good spare in her heart.
She sings songs with nice facial expressions.
You may have the impression about her, "Just Honest"
Actually she is a sweet baby.
She may want your attention.
When you pull out her another ( real ) Yajima, you have won!

■ Nakajima
I can't take my eyes off her.
A lot of people have told "she is sexy"
I think she got sexier and having sexier facial expressions.
When the others tease her, she is embarrassed with mature face.
When they tease her before, she was just teased
But now, I feel as if her face is saying "Okay, tease me to boast the venue!"
After that, immediately, she shows hesitation "I'm sorry I've bee a little too forward!
I can't express it well, but she looks a nice girl at the time.
Don't miss her.

■ Suzuki
She is rapidly getting elegance more and more.
Probably girls loves her such parts.
Her singing ability and elegance are her charm points.
I still feel she is a queen of cheap jokes when she was a child.
But no matter how she play childish, she can't hind her sexiness.
She will study about the way of expressions as a professional idol.
I hope she will have an ambitious to be a fine musician
For that, I hope, she will master rhythms perfectly.
The time is almost soon!

■ Okai
I think again, She is great!
Her comments are always outside of my expectation.
She consists of three factors; Joke, Talent and Careless
That's why she surprise me!
I'm sure she will be popular in Television Variety Shows
Ah, As she has a great ability too, she looks funny more!

■ Hagiwara
12 years has passed since her popular phrase "Tsunku toka ite Tanoshikatta (It's fun because Tsunu was there"
Now I think it's my word. "I've been happy because Hagiwara was always there"
When she joined H!P. Hello! Project was too busy.
So The existence of Hagiwara was our healing place.
Whatever she did, she looked cute~
The reason is not that she was youngest.
Her own atmosphere make us feel that.
Hagity has become 18.
Her sticky dance is quite unique.
She shows the sign that she will improve her abilities more and more!
Last edited by otaku_blue on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:41 pm

It's the thing in Japan these days, to have same pattern top and bottoms. Explains Yurina's outfit in their Futsuu PV too.

Weird song from the sound of it, but with another a-side like Kanashiki Heaven it works.

Eh, of course other people could have done the music. And it wouldn't be the first time -- but since when were the non-Tsunku songs more appreciated and wanted than the ones he does? That's what I meant with that while it's an option, I'm happy it's not happening. The quality of lyrics and music would go down imo.
But I doubt that's the (main/whole) reason for this. If anything it's just so simple that he wanted it released as a single, re-arranged and get a new dance. It makes sense considering how popular, and impressive, of a song it is. The mainstream most likely don't know of it, which is a big shame, so at least this way they would get to hear it.

otaku_blue wrote:Also Tsunku being sick is hardly an excuse, giving him that much credit leads to Tsunku bashing when decisions like this are not entirely independent.

Seriously? He's not just down with the flu. He's dealing with treatment for cancer. "Hardly an excuse" is way too rude. I don't even care if he'll never read this or not, no need to be that disrespectful about something so serious.
And no, he doesn't have the absolute final say. But he's still the producer, and he's still the one providing songs. Obviously the other people involved WOULD go to him when they talk about various things that they're going to do for/with various groups, including auditions, music, dances, outfits, whatever. Because he's the producer and thus has a say in those things.

Then again, if this decision was because of that or not, I don't know. And honestly I don't even care, I'm sure it'll be good and his reasoning he wrote in his blog is just fine and it's a song that deserves the attention. If you(anyone) don't like it, sucks for you.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Kravius Pila » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Wow... what is this song ? :crazy: I hate. This is so boring for me, also too much "Berryz"...
Kravius Pila
Acolyte

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:48 pm

@Sohee
I'm well aware of his condition, but that wasn't my point at all. I meant that that UF should be well prepared and more professional about such hypothetical situations, and that they're my entirely reliant on Tsunku. Hence, why I said it's hardly an excuse to say that Tsunku's cancer is the reason why he chose to make another version of Kanashiki Heaven. He just really wanted to make another version from what he's told us.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 pm

If there was another reason, be it money/illness/whatever they would never announce or write that in a blogpost either way. I don't doubt his reasoning though, but I think it's entirely fair to say that it's possible that they are cutting back on various things because of his condition. We haven't gotten any new albums, might as well be related. Understandably so.
Of course UF could hire this or that song writer or whatever, but even (or especially) they would probably think twice before going that far. It's not only the girls selling the music for H!P, it's just as much Tsunku's production behind it and would they need to just stick to rearrangements because of him being this or that, I would rather wait than have the girls' releases being produced by other people.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:18 pm

I personally think if anything, they tried easing up on how many songs are released per single right? How we only get two songs per single.
But yeah, as much as I'd love Tsunku producing stuff for HP forever, if something were to happen I'd still want HP continuing on... :/
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project