[07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Otaku, i think we only get 2 songs because of the double A side thing.

...The song is interesting... not my favorite, but definitely interesting. I hear a few other songs mixed together in the chorus. XD
I don't know why, but I hear Halation Summer in the chorus.
Now that I think about it, this song kinda in a way reminds me of the Halation Summer theme...
(the Berryz version of Halation Summer...)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Re: [07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Postby Starra » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 pm

This is purely speculation, but I feel like Tsunku might've just been stuck on this single and couldn't think of more than one new song. Maybe he just didn't have any inspiration for a second a-side, so he went with re-arranging Kanashiki Heaven.

I personally think my issue with it is that it's an a-side. If it'd been a c/w, or perhaps part of a triple a-side, I might've been less bothered, but as it happens, I don't like the song and I've always been bothered by re-releases as main tracks on singles (Chokkan 2, etc). Covers of other artists' songs are different than that, imo, and don't really count.

(I'm also slightly annoyed because I know Maimai won't get any lines or anything, and there's too much Chisato for my liking, but eh. More for people who enjoy it, I guess.)

Otaku, i think we only get 2 songs because of the double A side thing.

But initially, we got c/ws with the double a-sides. One・Two・Three, Brainstorming, Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke, Asian Celebration, Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta, Kanashiki Amefuri and Tokai no Hitorigurashi all had c/ws despite being double a-sides. Sure, S/mileage and J=J haven't had c/ws with theirs, but the other three groups have. So I really don't think that's the issue, imo.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Panic Nancy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Amped wrote:C-ute - The Power (LQ fan recording)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nt7759iuo3fxd3b

I like parts of it. I think.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Mirai » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:14 am

I do kinda feel like this is more of a Berryz type song, but it's not too shabby (in terms of being a C-ute song)
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby wotakubrandon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:18 am

Now when y'all say Berryz type song does that just mean you don't like it or?
wotakubrandon

Postby esm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 am

I think it's because of the Middle/Near-eastern influence.

Berryz usually gets the songs inspired by music from other parts of Asia.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:52 am

idk about the influence part, but Berryz is more of that... genre.. of music. "The Power" really sounds like it should be berryz. XD
lololol
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Mirai » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:50 am

wotakubrandon wrote:Now when y'all say Berryz type song does that just mean you don't like it or?

I tried to clarify but I still didn't make any sense lol. I like it, but don't quite love it, regardless if it sounds like a Berryz sound or not (I love most Berryz singles by the way ;) )
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:42 pm

I like the songs but it's not something Id usually associate as being C-ute's style.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:20 pm

The song isn't bad, and its kinda catchy. It's definitely not very C-ute like, and yeah we all kinda agree this sounds like a Berryz type song (like, Cha Cha Sing and Loving You Too Much kind, and even to some point their first single which the name escapes me).

I feel like this type of song requires a good amount of collab lines in the verses rather than solos, and I feel like with Berryz they could've pulled it off nicely having 2 more members than C-ute. Not that C-ute doesnt do the song justice, they all sing well, but yeah, Im really feeling Berryz in this song and thus have this idea. The day Berryz covers this song in a concert or something should be very interesting.

But yeah, ok, back to C-ute: It's a good song, they sound good singing it live, thus recorded version should rock, and depending on how well they remake Kanashiki Heaven can either make or break this single.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project