[10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York, 10/5

Postby Parhelion69 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:12 am

Woah! I'm booking a flight ASAP! It's far and expensive but it's definitely worth it!

Thankfully, I've been to New York before, so I'll love to be there again ^^
Parhelion69
Minion

Postby 321BreakinOut » Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 am

I don't think I've been this excited about anything, ever :lol:
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Kita St Cyr » Tue May 06, 2014 4:43 am

burnt glitter wrote:So at the moment I am still deciding whether I am going to try and go to Japan for the concert tour or if I am just going to go to NY for a weekend, but... I feel like maybe the venue will be too small? At AX they had maybe ~7,000 people at the concert, but that could have been because it was at a con and since it's a Jpop concert people are going to check it out regardless of if they're big fans. And standing room only? I know that beggars can't be choosers and I should be happy they're coming, but it's going to suck waiting in line for however many hours just to get inside to unassigned seating and standing around some more.

But I did something similar at AX and I would do it again a thousand times over :) I get the feeling they're being conservative in the venue they're booking because they aren't sure just how much interest there will be. I hope we blow them away!!

Yattaruchan wrote:Sweet.

Would this be the first time for a H!P group/artist to do a standalone overseas concert/event?

Also, does this event venue not have seating, or am I misunderstanding it? I don't really know anything about anything on Broadway.

So a few things:
1) This isn't a Broadway theater (although it is ON Broadway). It's a music venue.
2) This is the same venue Dir En Grey, 2NE1 and Kyary have all performed when they were in town. I think they're well enough equipped to handle MM.
3) Seriously, you guys wanna sit during a Morning Musume concert? You're not gonna wanna do wotagei or dance or at least bop around and wave your glowsticks?
Kita St Cyr
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayu!

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue May 06, 2014 4:47 am

I talked to Roy, barring he can't get it off, we're going to this!

New York, then Vegas. It'll be a busy ass month
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby sukibeam » Tue May 06, 2014 5:15 am

I'm super happy for you people who are either close or can afford to go!

I just sort of wish they'd do a mini tour of the US, so people in the middle could attend more easily :( I imagine the Canadians and people like myself in the south (TX) would be falling over from joy if that ever happens. Maybe they figure they'll cover both sides and people in the middle can go to one or the other, but we're a bit wider than that XD. I'll just look at this as another step toward that end.

I'm disappointed I won't be able to attend, but I'll expect all of you to be as loud and excited as J-wota lol
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby Moh » Tue May 06, 2014 5:28 am

Amped wrote:tickets are $42. VIP tickets are $100 (VIP package : CD + Priority pass to get a CD signed by Morning Musume. '14)
http://www.bestbuytheater.com/
Best Buy Theater (1515 Broadway at W. 44th St. New York, NY 10036)

Wow, this would be an excellent birthday present, but I have a few issues with this.

It's too far.
And I'm too poor.

Y'all wanna make a charitable donation? :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby burnt glitter » Tue May 06, 2014 5:30 am

Kita St Cyr wrote:So a few things:
1) This isn't a Broadway theater (although it is ON Broadway). It's a music venue.
2) This is the same venue Dir En Grey, 2NE1 and Kyary have all performed when they were in town. I think they're well enough equipped to handle MM.
3) Seriously, you guys wanna sit during a Morning Musume concert? You're not gonna wanna do wotagei or dance or at least bop around and wave your glowsticks?

I'm sure they can handle MM, I am not questioning that. I am questioning whether just one show would be enough. It's very possible that I am overestimating the interest but just going from my previous experience from attending the only other concert MM has ever held stateside, I think there will be a high demand for seats. Granted my bias is probably showing.

My main issue with standing room only is that there is a sense of chaos in the entire venue and you don't really have a "spot". Lack of seating can lead to a lot of pushing around and crowding and sweatiness all sorts of other good stuff, and I am easily overpowered and blocked because I am not the tallest person around. Of course I am going to stand and dance during the concert but it is also nice to have a place to put your things, or a place to sit and wait until the girls come on.

I don't want to make it seem like I am complaining because I am mega excited that the girls are coming to the states again and I will take ANYTHING. I wouldn't even care if they were performing outdoors at a festival in the pouring rain, I would be there. I've just had some bad experiences with being pushed around/pushed back at concerts and this is the last concert I want it to happen at.
burnt glitter
Initiate

Favorite Idol: Tanaka Reina

Postby Celedam » Tue May 06, 2014 5:39 am

Kita St Cyr wrote:Seriously, you guys wanna sit during a Morning Musume concert? You're not gonna wanna do wotagei or dance or at least bop around and wave your glowsticks?

Why does that bother you so much?

burnt glitter wrote:My main issue with standing room only is that there is a sense of chaos in the entire venue and you don't really have a "spot". Lack of seating can lead to a lot of pushing around and crowding and sweatiness all sorts of other good stuff, and I am easily overpowered and blocked because I am not the tallest person around. Of course I am going to stand and dance during the concert but it is also nice to have a place to put your things, or a place to sit and wait until the girls come on.

We'll said, except that in my case, my height isn't the problem. It's that I'm a 40-year-old man with knee problems and a highly developed sense of personal space.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby DARC1993 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:18 am

VIP Tickets are so cheap :crying:
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Postby boinsie » Tue May 06, 2014 6:23 am

Isn't that how much Kyary's VIP tickets were?
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project