[10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York

Postby forgetmenots » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Bringing it over here since it's more pertinent to this thread than the TokiKoe/Pass0 one

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:That's good to know. :P Thing is, for the concert in October, I wanna know whether I should speak to them in Japanese or English. Because I know that if I speak in Japanese they'd be able to communicate back, but if I speak in english, they might enjoy the fact that I used english more than the fact that they'd be able to understand what I said.

So you don't speak to them, since you are shy?

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:So, obviously they will understand a few things in english:
Also, I understand that they may enjoy the challenge of English more, and may be relieved to hear Japanese, but... Which one do you think they prefer? The world will never know. :P (until someone asks them the question.)
omg. we should find a messenger wota to go to a handshake event one time and ask each girl the question and report back to us.... He'd (or she'd) be... our Messengerota!!! :P

I speak to them in that I say "Arigatou Gozaimasu" and then I got out a sentence to Sayu barely before being moved. It's less the girls and more of the other wota staring at me more as I am the only foreigner in attendance at most of these events here plus being a girl, I attract attention XD. But from the back or side people quickly forget unless I shoot out some natural sounding English which would cause many to turn their heads. It's just a personal things. And I've also been conditioned to not speak English first as it can send people into a panic because they are afraid you don't speak Japanese and they can't remember any of their own English schooling and what not. This is just me and my own personally issues XD I think I'd say something in English to Maachan at least if I wasn't anxious, but anyway THAT ASIDE

I don't think it matters what language. Use both XD Don't worry so much. I know it's hard to actually put the don't worry thing into practice. I was so nervous before my first handshake and was like OH GOD WHAT DO I SAY HOW DO I SAY IT, but honestly I didn't have time to say anything! If the staff treat this the same as a handshake event in Japan you will not have time to say more than a few syllables anyway (and sometimes the girls will want to say something to you instead which is so much cooler than saying something to them, but pretty much makes it impossible to say something) so I would just pick one of the girls to focus on and whether or not you do it in English in Japanese may come down to how much confidence you have over not tripping over the Japanese. I think for "Thanks yous" English would be best as they obviously understand it and I expect it'd feel good hearing a foreigner say that to them as it would really cement the fact that they had done a concert overseas in their brains.

Either way I'm sure they'll get a mix of both and that's what would make them the happiest. So they'd be happy either way. No need to let it keep you up at night XD <3
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby esm » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:02 am

There's a guide here as well:
http://www.jicchan.com/?p=991

There are also other articles relevant to the event there.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:49 am

so I just ordered that lightstick thingy that Erin got. :P
Also, that video of Ayumi... Geez, I thought you had much less time. XD If it's that long, it should be pretty easy to get a sentence or two out to each fan. :P
(Especially if you think it through 100% and know exactly what you will tell each member. :P)

^^So basically, use whichever one you feel like, or works better for you? XD

I wonder if they go home like "geez the thing that X wota said was lame .____." XD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:55 am

^Pretty much.

And I think for single handshakes you get more time like in that video (probably a bit more than the video actually, which is why all the amusing Maachan shenanigans can happen) but when going through the full group it's like.... I'd say about 3 seconds per girl which the article does mention.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:02 am

...Do you think that it being in NY it would slow it down a bit? (like, maybe 4 or 5 seconds?)
I hope we get some maachan shenanigans. "I peed on my hands earlier." was it once? XD
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Amped » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:09 am

New York won't get special treatment. they need to speed things up because they have a cut off time.
Amped
High Priest

Postby erilaz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:27 am

forgetmenots wrote:I don't think it matters what language. Use both XD

When I met Kago-chan at her event at Señor Fish in Los Angeles, I spoke to her in Japanese and she replied in English. :heart:
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:23 am

Also another thing I'd like to clear up...
What time will people be arriving to the theater?
(bc like, I don't wanna get there at 3, but i also don't wanna get there at 6am.) what's the best time before everyone starts arriving? XD
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:13 am

Hello!Base updated with a new perk (and info) for Hello!Party 4!
Awesome update here!
Never mind that I'd have attended to Hello!Party no matter what, but taking cheki photos and giving a gift to the girls would for sure make me wanna go even more. *_*

Forever bitter they decided to go the year I moved away from the US... :/
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:52 am

my light glowstick thingy came.
Really awesomeeee :D :D
It has every color but Erina. So, if you want Erina, you should get the other one. (I got the lumiace one)
But, there is one shade of green that passes for BOTH zukki AND Erina... but is more Zukki... idk.
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project