[11/26] Michishige Sayumi graduated from Morning Musume. '14 at Yokohama Arena

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Fall Concert Tour 2014

Postby Menno » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 pm

This is really the end of an era.
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Re: Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Fall Concert Tour 2014

Postby questorminator » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:27 pm

She was the last person I'd expect to be a real good leader when she joined. But being the leader of the lineup that is slowly gaining momentum, both in popularity and sales, not to mention having five straight weekly number 1s and leaving the group in the best situation possible, I dare say she's one of the best leaders this group ever had.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Jessi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:34 pm

NO NO NO. IS THIS A JOKE? ITS NOT APRIL FOOLS
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Menno wrote:This is really the end of an era.

I usually think statements like this are hyperbole, but this time it's true. After this, not only are there no more members from the Golden Era, but also there are no more members who were in the group with members from the Golden Era. History begins in 2011.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Mixi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:48 pm

I didn't expect to wake up to a graduation announcement from Sayumi. I thought someone from Berryz would graduate before that happened. :fear:

When I started following MM in 2004, I didn't like Sayumi. She was just an annoying cute girl who couldn't sing properly and I had no idea why she was even in the group. As years passed, she developed a "mean" character which took me a while to appreciate. During the Platinum era, I noticed she was a good team player, a hard worker, and her personality shone. She was among my favourites (and she was my #1 after EriJunLin's grad), but I never thought she would become leader someday. When she took over the leadership from Risa, I didn't expect much as the group was still green. With every new single, she proved everyone wrong and brought all the new members together. She grew into a reliable and ambitious leader, one who will be remembered fondly through the years. Now that she wants to graduate, she can let the other members shine on their own and help them by being a respectable OG. I think she will always be an honorary Morning Musume member, the kind of OG who promotes her kouhai's activities and learns the names of all the members who joined after her graduation.

As someone said previously, she's an idol beyond ranking. She's so awesome I don't even include her in my rankings anymore. It would be unfair to the other girls.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby randompasserby » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Ayumin
[The best leader!]

-snip-

When Michishige-san said
[My kouhais have become dependable]
Honestly I was really, really happy!

But, we were only able to grow in such a way because our leader Michishige-san is always with us.

Always followed up on us in many areas, always thinking of each and every member, it's all because we're with Michishige-san who loves Morning Musume so dearly.

So that she will see me become even more dependable than now, I still want to learn a lot of things from her!

I'll do my best!

Until the final day of the Fall tour

and even after that, please keep watching over us!

-snip-

http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/ent ... 87410.html

I honestly think, without bias or as little as possible, that no other leader in MM has as much influence, has such an effect to the members as much as Sayu.

Most of it could be attributed to the composition of the group I think, she became the leader of a bunch of newbies where she pretty much have to help reinvent the whole group from scratch unlike other leaders who usually only have to hold the group together and doesn't have to worry about growing out their kouhai's character.

Even still, she's amazingly well-suited for the role and delivered in spades. :notworthy:
Last edited by randompasserby on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby 321BreakinOut » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 pm

Soo...Kudo Haruka for leader :fear:
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Jessi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:14 pm

321BreakinOut wrote:Soo...Kudo Haruka for leader :fear:

In 2021!!!
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Starra » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Sayu's probably the best leader MM。's had since Yuuko. Not that the others were bad (except Miki, lol), but I've never felt like they've... done as much as Sayu has. I can't really put it into words, but I feel like Sayu's influenced the members and the group itself a lot. The only other leader that I feel like has done that is Yuuko, but that's most probably bias :lol: .

Then again, she was the first leader and had a lot on her plate. I know the younger members were scared of her, but they needed someone like her to keep everyone in order. In a way, Sayu's the same -- they needed someone somewhat older than everyone else so that the younger members didn't get out of control (like Masaki, I guess).
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Parhelion69 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:33 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! T_T

This was shocking news to say the least, I didn't expect it so soon... (I was thinking it'd be early next year, along with the 12th gen debut)

And if MM goes to kohaku, Sayu won't be there... :'(

But she's leaving at a great time, she achieved together with MM, what was unthinkable a couple of years ago. 5 consecutive #1 singles, reaching sales over 100k.

As a leader, she could make happen what no other lineup before (or few other groups/artists for that matter) could: a resurgence, a coming back. MM is news again, and that is thanks to all of their efforts, specially by the love of their leader, which sacrificed love, personal goals, for the group. She didn't care to be considered an annoying ill-tongued person by the general public, she did it to gain notoriety, and was always promoting MM
Sayu, your efforts for the group will always be appreciated, and we will be always thankful for your dedication.

Happy graduation Sayu. We know you deserve it.
(I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but just wanted to take it out of my chest...)
Parhelion69
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project