Morning Musume. '14 12th gen - Golden audition

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '14 12th gen - Golden audition

Postby Panic Nancy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Jessi wrote:I think Tsunku likes it this way though. Its not like he added all talented girls or all work in progress girls. He adds three with high skills so that he can throw in an unpolished girl or two for fun. Technically Kanon and Erina were both that girl for the 9th gen, Masaki and Haruna in 10th, and now Ogata for 12th. It sort of makes it okay.

Wait... who are the "three with high skills"? There's just Miki. Every time I've heard Maria and Akane they've sounded pretty bad. That's why I said it was a weak generation vocally. It wasn't just because of Oharu, lol.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. They are an idol group and it just doesn't matter that much. And, of course, they'll improve. Not everybody is going to become a good singer, but they've had members who were awful and eventually become good. Although, people keep using Masaki as an example of this, and she isn't really a good example. She's improved, but she was never really bad to begin with. I thought she sounded pretty good during the auditions for someone with no training. Kanon is a good example, though. She was really bad. I thought she was going to be the new Koharu, always shouting and going ridiculously flat without seeming to notice. I never thought for a minute that she would turn out okay.
Last edited by Panic Nancy on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm quite enjoying "Hacchan". It works really well and it'll be easy to remember her that way. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Jessi » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 pm

Just because your opinion is that the two KSS aren't strong doesn't mean Tsunku sees it that way. They are KSS and they have improved in both singing and dancing since joining the KSS. They are more polished because they have that experience and personally I think they are both stronger than New Haruna. I'm also not just talking about vocal I'm talking about overall skills. So just because Maria and Akane aren't Sakura vocally doesn't mean they don't make up for it with skills in dance.

Haruna can't sing or dance. Honestly she has very little going for her. Maria and Akane are above her in experience and skill. Haruna compares to girls who have joined the group with no background in singing or dancing regardless if she's weaker because Haruna is an ice skater not an idol. She will become an idol through her time in Musume, but she's currently just a girl who knows how to ice skate and passed an audition to be in an idol group despite having not really excelled during the audition. She's a konkon, an Aika, a Kanon, etc. Girls that Tsunku sees potential in despite their under excelling and often he ends up right in the end. Girls who I think Tsunku throws in for fun. Girls who can be thrown in because the ones with experience and skill balance them out.
Last edited by Jessi on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:53 pm

^And then you have Miki. xD (in the super positive oda-riho type of way. xD)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Panic Nancy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:03 am

Ah, I understand. I thought that when you said that they were highly skilled that meant that you thought that they were strong singers. But you're just talking about their overall "idol polish." I agree about that.

But I don't agree that Haruna has very little going for her. She's very pretty (imo), and that's one of the most important things for an idol to be. It's not skill or experience, which is what you're talking about, but it's a... thing.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Jessi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:19 am

Well very little in the skill department. If you want to say she's pretty that's a given, but honestly I think all of Morning Musume is very pretty. And I'm not trying to insult New Haruna. I'm just saying she seems she was the unpolished girl with potential of this gen. I am positive that after a couple of months being in the group we will see what she brings that's unique. Also we still have next weeks audition footage. What if we see that she improved over the course of training camp? Masaki was very weak at the start of training, but improved a hell of a lot by the end of it. That would give me a lot of respect for her and would show why she was added to the group. That ability to improve is something not everyone has.
Last edited by Jessi on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Postby Mixi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:56 am

I don't understand why some of you are claiming Kanon is a "diamond in the rough" to the same extent as Tsuji, Konkon and Aika. Zukki was a fan favourite in the audition. She had loads of personality and her voice was decent. Eripon is the real wild card of 9th gen.

Oharu is undeniably a "project girl", and she will need some time to develop, like Eripon.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Jessi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:00 am

So I just watched the audition for the third time and one thing I will give Haruna 2.0 credit for is that despite totally forgetting the dance and realizing that her voice is too small, she doesn't cry. She takes criticism like a champ and keeps trying despite the fact that she is having difficulty. She even still manages to smile and keep eye contact. That's actually something very valuable so I wonder if that's what's impressed Tsunku. It's hard to say since we don't get to see the other girls.

Also Kanon had no experience coming into the audition. She had never had dancing or singing lessons. Erina at least had modeling experience. And I honestly don't think her voice is as good as everyone claims. She can hit strong notes, but she doesn't have a high range. She got in because she had a lot of personality and excelled in acting, but in skills she was weaker. I think she came in on equal ground with Erina.

To me diamond in the rough means that skills in singing and dancing are weak, but that doesn't mean that they didn't make up for it with personality from the outset. The 9kis were mostly chosen for personality anyway. If you watch the audition footage that's all Tsunku talks about.
Last edited by Jessi on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Postby stam4o » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:01 am

^^^Actually, based on the footage of that last H!S, I can see that it's not that much about undeveloped potential (which is always present for all te girls) but more about accomodation, which isn't either an easy/fast thing. Haruna, in fact, does have control over her voice and body movements, which are both pretty graceful, (And about the dancing it's something noticeable by the way, you can see it in girls like Maa-chan or Uemura, who I think had both done ballet before getting onto idols) I'm guessing she just doesn't know how to properly highlight them. And welll, the quiet singing is another thing already - you do have to struggle a lot to learn how to maintain tones on louder.

And for me Miki is the complete opposite to Haruna XD
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 am

Ayumi captured 12th gen eating cake.
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/ent ... 48931.html

Haruna, the big sister, approached 12th gen with ease
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/ent ... 54834.html
Amped
High Priest