New Country Musume auditions (Country・Girls)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Country Musume auditions (Application period: February 12 - March 31)

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 am

i cant help but feel this is going to be such a waste of money.
this just seems so impractical to me although i know some people here want it.

its like reviving a problematic group and adding more girls to HP when there is already an increasingly large amount of unutilised kenshuusei who are all very eager to debut. but with that said aren't girls from the area able to participate then like Inaba Manaka?

But I don't see the point of this group other than being a lame spin-off. Satoyama songs don't sell well too well, and its very hard to maintain a concept of "country" when late Country Musume was hardly that. I just don't understand how UFA can invest in something so impractical to their company, unless it's just for Satoda Mai's sake again, and an attempt for her to gain more relevance.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby 321BreakinOut » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 am

Well who knows guys....Since getting new management it seems like they've done a littlebetter for themselves

Momusu made a huge change last year, C-ute broke out.................... and Berryz sold 40K!

Anything is Possible lol XD
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby BerryzCelebration » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:07 pm

otaku_blue wrote:i cant help but feel this is going to be such a waste of money.
this just seems so impractical to me although i know some people here want it.

its like reviving a problematic group and adding more girls to HP when there is already an increasingly large amount of unutilised kenshuusei who are all very eager to debut. but with that said aren't girls from the area able to participate then like Inaba Manaka?

But I don't see the point of this group other than being a lame spin-off. Satoyama songs don't sell well too well, and its very hard to maintain a concept of "country" when late Country Musume was hardly that. I just don't understand how UFA can invest in something so impractical to their company, unless it's just for Satoda Mai's sake again, and an attempt for her to gain more relevance.

The only reason why SATOYAMA didn't do well is because the only promotion it got was concert performances (excluding Peaberry's 2013 single.). If Tsunku is in charge of this group, I am sure he will give this group atleast some promotion. If this was going to be some lame spin off, I am pretty sure it would have consisted of Hello!Project members (Calling out the Chanpuru units.).

Sure, there are alot of Kenshuusei girls waiting, but that is the way the program is. You can't just debut because you've been a member for [insert years/months].The whole point of the program is to train girls to get a debut in the idol biz, Hello! Project or not. Tsunku/UFP don't care about how eager they are, really. It only matters if they are prepared and if they show that they deserve to debut. And I can only count about nine or ten out of twenty seven girls that are really prepared and show that they deserve it.

If you read the audition details, anyone, country girl or not, can audition. So it doesn't matter if you don't like in rural areas like Hokkaido.

The auditions were just announced. We can't determine the groups fate. Maybe it will be a lame spin off side group? Maybe it would make the sixth main group? Who knows. My gosh people, all we got was a video of Mai announcing them herself and an application date!
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Reina » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 pm

:mikihead:
おつかれいなー❤
I miss Yanamin...
Reina
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tanaka Reina

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:51 pm

^^

Peaberry. Like that type of genre is just mediocre, and even then Peaberry did pretty good for itself with decent promotion.

I just don't see where this group is going atm, and it would be better if we got more clarification as to what their intention is with this group rather than addressing it as just the revival of a pretty messed up spin off group. Which is why I'm saying, it might've been better to debut those 10~ or so kenshuusei who are ready to debut, rather to invest in such a project.
Last edited by otaku_blue on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby yukisuki » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:52 pm

It might be too much to hope for, but I'd really like to see H!P take this revived and revised Country Musume seriously. Maybe to become a new main group or maybe even something of a sister group to Momusu, sort of like the 48 family.
yukisuki
Senior Initiate

Postby Starra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Since they're actually holding proper auditions for this, it does sound like they're taking it at least somewhat seriously.

(Before anyone says anything, most groups that started from auditions lasted a while. And now that's UF's got their shit together, hopefully we won't be seeing a rehash of Ice Creamusume。.)

The best thing about this? Satoda Mai isn't in it.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby BerryzCelebration » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Starra wrote:Since they're actually holding proper auditions for this, it does sound like they're taking it at least somewhat seriously.

(Before anyone says anything, most groups that started from auditions lasted a while. And now that's UF's got their shit together, hopefully we won't be seeing a rehash of Ice Creamusume。.)

The best thing about this? Satoda Mai isn't in it.

You really don't want an OG in XD. But if it weren't for Mai, I don't think the auditions would be happening. Since she is going to NY, Country Musume. had to live on somehow!

If we got another Ice CreamMusume., I would literally smash my head into the wall. I mean, I liked the girls and their personality, just not their covers. Or their voices. Or their dances. Or their MVs. Or the fact that Tsunku/UFP actually went through with the idea.
BerryzCelebration

Postby Starra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Nah, it's not that. Satoda's just one of my least favourite H!P members. I don't know why, but I've never cared about her.

Ice Creamusume。were fucking amazing, but UF never know how to handle foreign girls. Maybe one day...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby BerryzCelebration » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Starra wrote:Nah, it's not that. Satoda's just one of my least favourite H!P members. I don't know why, but I've never cared about her.

Ice Creamusume。were fucking amazing, but UF never know how to handle foreign girls. Maybe one day...

Satoda was fucking amazing. Really XD. But hey, it's what you like.

I don't know, the girls just... I hated everything about the group (except personalities/girls themselves) so much, I just wanted to slap UFP XD. But they could have gotten better. If UFP got their shit together. Too bad that a day like that will never come....
BerryzCelebration

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project