[2/19] Berryz 34th single : Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman Sou Diet Oukoku

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [2/19] Berryz 34th single : Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman Sou Diet Oukoku

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:33 am

Just because Maasa doesn't smile like the happiest motherfucker in the world, it doesn't mean that she is not dedicated/she does not care. Some people are just like that.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Re: [2/19] Berryz 34th single : Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman Sou Diet Oukoku

Postby Celedam » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:35 am

:facepalm:

There is a huge difference between being dedicated to what you're doing and enjoying what you're doing.

Sure, for most of us, that difference doesn't matter as long as the job gets done. But when you're an entertainer and it's literally your job to bring joy to others, that lack of enjoyment clouds everything you do. Your audience feels it, no matter how much you try to hide it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 am

It's not even just performances (getting tired etc), even during talks etc she really just doesn't look invested. Doesn't mean she doesn't have good days - she obviously does. But more often than not, lately, she looks like she'd rather just go to be elsewhere.
I'd say it goes for Chinami too, tbh.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Zunu » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:01 am

wotakubrandon wrote:I just think if she didn't want to be there that badly then she'd leave OR would be asked to leave.

First of all, nobody said "that badly." Secondly I surmised earlier, there may be reasons we are unaware of that leaving is not a good option for her. Not everybody has the luxury to quit their job, even if they don't like it any more.

BerryzCelebration wrote:Just because Maasa doesn't smile like the happiest motherfucker in the world, it doesn't mean that she is not dedicated/she does not care. Some people are just like that.

You ever go to a government office, DMV maybe, and you say, "how ya doin" to the clerk at the window, and they give you an unpleasant glare in response? And as they're processing your license or whatever, they are dragging their feet and looking bored. It makes the whole experience less pleasant than dealing with someone who is friendly and more full of vigor. And unfortunately, sexual dynamics being what they are, if the clerk happens to be young and pretty, people will even more resent the fact that she is not smiling and acting cheerful.

But fortunately for that DMV clerk and her paycheck, you HAVE to deal with the DMV, no matter what. Unfortunately for Sudo Maasa, people don't HAVE to deal with a grouchy, uninterested-looking Berryz Kobo. So if she's not smiling like the happiest motherfucker in the world, as you put it, whatever, good for her, but might mean her group will have fewer fans then they otherwise would've had. And maybe she's not really grouchy at all, maybe she's in the zone. She's so in the zone that it's like she's dancing for herself and totally forgets the audience is there. That's awesome, except, well, you know.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:07 am

I was actually thinking about that while grocery shopping. The Japanese really have a culture of endurance or just suffering through something....doesn't it even have a name? I forget. But then I started thinking that if that was true than wouldn't she be aware of it and how it's holding the group back? That would be rather selfish of her and not very Japanese-y.

If anyone cares I was buying tacos.
wotakubrandon

Postby Sohee » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:25 am

It'd be selfish to leave the group because she wants to, since the possibility of bringing fans with her (=less fans for Berryz) would hurt the group. Especially when they've gone with the "Together for 10 years."-thing all the time. And especially if she doesn't even have a clear goal of what she wants to do instead of Berryz. "I don't feel like it anymore." won't justify that she'd "throw the group away" or however they'd look at it. Of course not everyone would and we sure as hell wouldn't, but some people wouldn't accept it at all.

idk it's a difficult thing to make sense out of.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:05 am

Yep. Although truthfully I think some better/more interesting choreography would do wonders for them.
wotakubrandon

Postby jinqin321 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:34 am

Otona na no yo!'s dance is actually pretty good. But only Saki/miya/momo executed the dance well during live. Some girls just half-assed their moves. People who manage berryz may have a really long leash to them. The members are used to the loose dance style. You wonder why C-ute improve their dance constantly? When they were younger, they got scolded a lot, especially Airi. I'm not saying it's a good/correct thing. But Airi was scolded many times during shock period. And she did improve her dance a lot these years.
jinqin321
Acolyte

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:59 am

Have you guys ever considered that Maasa is just going through a bad time?
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:16 pm

^
^Yeah we've talked about Berryz lazy dancing a lot in the past :mikihead:

I don't think she's going through a particularly hard time and I don't think anyone meant to imply that she should definitely leave or that she specifically should do something different. I think we were mostly speaking hypothetically.
wotakubrandon

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project