[2/19] Berryz 34th single : Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman Sou Diet Oukoku

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [2/19] Berryz 34th single : Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman Sou Diet Oukoku

Postby sb » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 am

^Yup. I'm perfectly fine if Berryz stayed the way it is, since musically they're still really solid and that's what matters most. And selling 30K is still a lot better than other groups and I'm sure UF is cool with it cause stuff would have changed if they weren't. With all of that said though I am at the point where if Maasa or Chinami graduated tomorrow my initial reaction would be more reserved and interested in how the group would look, instead of the typical Oh No WHY!? fan reaction. But also, I'm not showing either girl the door.

Anyway, something that won't happen but would be pimp if it did, would be if next single, they took the Risako, Miyabi, Captain and Momoko, Yurina, Chinami, Maasa split idea that someone here mentioned (don't remember who, my bad) and released one 7 member Berryz A-side song with a PV, BUT there would be a different versions for the split groups. (like they did with Momusu a while back, where the different versions had different couplings) BUT, I want PVs for each of those songs. So it would semi be a triple A side but not. It'd be splitting the group in a way, without actually doing it. Plus, it'd be gimmicky without really asking the girls to do anything extra.

EDIT - To further elaborate since I thought of more, how good could Momoko make this idea? Running smack about how her Berryz group is better, but in actuality she be promoting both halves. It'd basically be fabricating a rivalry within the group. Captain's sexy/cool group vs. Momoko's cute/hyper group. Forcibly motivating the girls. Using how different each of the girls are as your strength instead of it's weakness. But in the end it's still one group, just two-halves of one coin.
sb
Minion

Re: [2/19] Berryz 34th single : Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman Sou Diet Oukoku

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:43 am

wotakubrandon wrote:^
^Yeah we've talked about Berryz lazy dancing a lot in the past :mikihead:

I don't think she's going through a particularly hard time and I don't think anyone meant to imply that she should definitely leave or that she specifically should do something different. I think we were mostly speaking hypothetically.

I think this was mentioned earlier, but remember when Zukki started acting all weird? Like the fake smiles, the energy deprived from her, the fact that she barely made any jokes like she usually does. I think that maybe Maasa is just going through a hard time. Because at concerts, she usually does smile and look like she is having a good time. Bu it seems that ever since Budokan came, she's been different.

And maybe she is not good at the cool/sexy expreessions? Because when it comes to energetic songs (Be Genki,CCS,Asian Celebration), she smiled alot and looked like she was having fun.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby wotakubrandon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:12 am

Zukki was SO hyper I think it'd be normal for her to mellow out some as she got older. She's a pretty good medium between how energetic she was and how apparently down she was some months ago.
Maasa doesn't seem particularly "off" or down to me. She's not going around in Otona like some zombie.
wotakubrandon

Postby Petit Melon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:41 am

Maybe Maasa suffers from RBF. ;P

Berryz has suffered for a long time with a management that didn't know what to do with them. They'll probably continue to suffer. Maybe the girls are demoralized by their lack of success compared to their peers. Maybe the girls have other things going on in their lives that make the idol aspect less important. After all, most of them have their die-hards that are going to support them no matter what, and while the other H!P groups seem to be cooler things, they're stuck with this weird mishmash of a concept put together by an intern. All we're doing is speculating about something we have no insight or control over.

I honestly don't see the group ever breaking up without C-ute leaving too. They're entangled together for practically everything, and so long as one remains successful, the other will still have life.
Petit Melon
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Tomoko

Postby wotakubrandon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:48 am

Tbh I think they just need a good ballad and like 30 PVs and they'll be good.
wotakubrandon

Postby jinqin321 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:53 am

Otona na no yo and the diet song are good songs. I ended up listening to them a lot on my way to work/home. Nowadays I listen to berryz more but watch c-ute more.
jinqin321
Acolyte

Postby abaybay » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:35 am

^ agree totally. I think that's been the key to a lot that's been said. Berryz doesn't look great, but fans are kind of used to it. C-ute looks great and a casual observer would be able to agree. I don't actually watch C-ute stuff too much, but I can see why people do.

In terms of facial expressions, Maasa, Yurina, and Chinami are all missing something. I honestly find it weird that at least they haven't managed to fix it for PV filming (when you can be critiqued by the director), but I'll live because all I really care about is looking at Risako :love: To be real though, as someone that has danced and performed for things on stage, facial expressions are always always always a big deal. I've spent lots of time working on how to look cool, hopeful, or whatever--it's not easy, but it is something you can totally work on if you have a mirror and a little time. So I'm not sure how they've escaped from getting better. Maybe management or whoever thought they looked fine enough. Whatever, I'm not in charge~ I still enjoy Berryz a lot. I wish they would do better, but what can you do.

Personally, I would like Berryz to do another cool, rock-ish pop song like Otakebi. And at least give them matching outfits and a normal looking dance, I mean, come on. I don't get why the outfits and dance are so terrible recently.
abaybay
Initiate

Postby Zunu » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:10 am

Petit Melon wrote:Maybe Maasa suffers from RBF. ;P

How is Resting Berryz Face not a thing? :mikihead:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 am

321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:32 am

^ So, like we were saying....
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project