[9/25] Morning Musume。album - The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [9/25] Morning Musume。album - The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Postby PikoAshy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:11 am

It's ironic I have been wanting current momusu to sing these songs for a long time, but then messing with the arrangements bothers me the most. I feel like instead of trying to surpass the seniors with the same track they are trying to do their own thing. Still going to buy it just not now
PikoAshy
Acolyte

Postby 321BreakinOut » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:39 am

Well of course theyre trying to do their own thing it's a new era .To keep up with the momentum I guess they had to rearrange all the past songs to accommodate the newer fans that have attributed to their recent success...except...the songs came out so cheesy !
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby iluvatarin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 am

Estrea worked hard tonight to translate this article at b!p:

http://blog-project.net/special-translations/158761

It's a good, long read! Enjoy the SayaSuzu relationship :heart:
iluvatarin
Acolyte

Postby Nono » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:59 am

They should have just went with a regular best album, huge missed opportunity.
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

Postby esm » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:13 am

Meh. I like the album. I'm glad they released this even if it may not be the best idea for selling an album.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Starra » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:06 am

I really don't get why people were expecting super high sales with this. It's for a very niche audience (as Zunu said), so I'm surprised it did as well as it ended up doing.

16k is a lot for a Hello! Project album, you guys.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Nono wrote:They should have just went with a regular best album, huge missed opportunity.

strongly disagree with this.
they've done a best album before, it'd be so pointless to do it again when its still available.

if they were going to re-record only the vocals and keep the instrumentals the same it'd add more fire to the discussion of "whos better" which distracts from the point of the album which was to help promote the current MM.

doesn't matter if old fans don't like the remixes, the old versions still exist but these girls are different now from the originals which i believe was the point of the album.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby teth » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:42 pm

sukibeam wrote:
teth wrote:In any case, I don't care what anyone says but album sales have never been big for MM, even during Golden Age.

Their albums sold better than the singles during Golden Era. Their best selling release EVER isn't even Love Machine - it's their first Best Of album. I don't remember much of 2001-2005 as far as UFA tactics go, so they might not have focused on album promotion.

Thanks for the sales chart.
However, their best of came out when they were at the height of their popularity. Of course it sold well.

Look a their third album. It came out after two insanely huge hit singles and still sold mediocre.
Album sales before that were also at same level as the singles.
Keep in mind also that considering the times, selling less than 700k hardly qualified as a hit back then.
Ask any casual fans from the time and they will still know single songs way more than the album songs

If anything, they're more comparable to early days of MM... When people knew of them but don't know their current singles yet. 3 #1s are great but they are still nowhere near Love Mahine level yet.
When they have more hits and are more recognized by the public, then we can expect or at least hope for better album sales
teth
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:07 am

#32 on Oricon to start the 2nd week.

---

Hello Station #35

[youtube]8kKQVwqC_MM[/youtube]

15:56~ Morning Musume 「Help me!!」(performance at CLUB CITTA')
19:04~ Morning Musume 「Wagamama Kinomama Ai no Joke 」(performance at CLUB CITTA')
23:26~ Sayumi&Riho&Haruna album comment
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nono » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:53 am

otaku_blue wrote:
Nono wrote:They should have just went with a regular best album, huge missed opportunity.

strongly disagree with this.
they've done a best album before, it'd be so pointless to do it again when its still available.

if they were going to re-record only the vocals and keep the instrumentals the same it'd add more fire to the discussion of "whos better" which distracts from the point of the album which was to help promote the current MM.

doesn't matter if old fans don't like the remixes, the old versions still exist but these girls are different now from the originals which i believe was the point of the album.

that best came out 6 years ago...why would someone who's only now getting into the current lineup of mm be interested in that album?? 23 a-sides have been released since then, they could have even ignored platinum era and started with maji desu sa ska. wagamama/gundan got the group so much publicity and a best album would have definitely benefited from that.

i don't agree with the talk saying how this was aimed for a niche audience too it was just a bad move in general. this album had great promo for H!P standards, i can't even remember the last time they put so much effort into one. so that leads me to believe they had some pretty high standards for this or it would have got the usual H!P album treatment (hi queen of j-pop, smile sensation etc.)

the lacking dvd content might have been a small factor for the sales too but at the end of the day promo is always the most important thing. an album could have been released in like 5 editions with good dvd content but true success and relevance comes with the general public, and how are people supposed to go and buy the album if they don't even know it exists.
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project