J-MELO and Morning Musume

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: J-MELO New Song Project with Morning Musume -- SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS --

Postby BerryzCelebration » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:34 am

Celedam wrote:
fujii hina wrote:Not one member of the group can consistently sing much better than [Riho] does

Sakura says hi.

Zukki,Mizuki and Maachan make a surprise appearance. Even Tsunku said ZukkiMaa have the most vocal control in their generation.

There is a difference between a strong singer and a good singer,just to let you know.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby fujii hina » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Jessi wrote:
Celedam wrote:
fujii hina wrote:Not one member of the group can consistently sing much better than [Riho] does

Sakura says hi.

Hence, my qualifiers "consistently" and "much". Not "good" or "strong". I wish for a "tolerable" singer.

The main point in that post was that, there's really no point in complaining about skill in the performance because there isn't an Ai Takahashi/Maki Goto level performer, dancing-and-singing-at-the-same-time-wise.

You can argue that this not-Riho-member sang her few solo lines pretty well but that doesn't take away the fact that we complain that auto-tune has become a crutch for the entire group. and Tsunku is not giving the lines to those not-Riho members regardless of which aspect of singing they excel. I'll be the first to say that Riho only aces stamina but if we are to follow the ace-centric formula (meaning no change in line distribution) no other member can take her place (as in sing all her lines while doing the dances) as we speak.

Morning Musume today can't sing Do It! Now or Go Girl ~ Koi no Victory without any of us complaining. So again, my main point was just there's really no point complaining. But it's a free world, we do pointless things all the time. Complain away.
Idols come and go but Sayu is forever.
fujii hina
Senior Initiate

Postby Celedam » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Sakura is always a better singer than Riho. I've never seen any performance where she wasn't. It may not be obvious because she's not showcased as much as Riho (yet), but she just is.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby BerryzCelebration » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Riho's not a tolerable singer XD.

Sakura is much better than Riho in vocal terms. Her voice has quality and can be very strong at points.
Riho...on the other hand. While her voice may be overpowering,her voice has no real quality in it. Eversince Sakura joined,she has been trying to be a stronger performer (*cough cough* Help me!!),and that is not good for her because her vocals aren't ready for that.

A good singer can be classified as a tolerable singer. A good singer is constantly on point,has quality vocals,and can bring a very overpowering vocals without cracking (Although Sakura does crack every now and then,she has gotten good at controlling her voice.).

A strong singer is a person with a very overpowering voice,but if they were to sing lines in their regular voice,oh hell no. And,who says they are good at a strong voice anyways? They could be constantly cracking.
BerryzCelebration

Postby Sohee » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Yeah, let's blame Riho for the lines she get in songs. 8D She really needs to stop taking those high notes and stuff.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby BerryzCelebration » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Actually...I wonder how the girls get lines.
If they are assigned them or what XD.
Like Tsunku would walk up to Riho and be like "Can you handle the main vocal?".
And walks up to Zukki and says "For now,you will take group lines.".
BerryzCelebration

Postby fujii hina » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:36 pm

BerryzCelebration wrote:Riho's not a tolerable singer XD.

Hence, I said "wish". In the same way that I wish for a Maki Goto or Ai Takahashi superstar to be in the group.

Sakura is much better than Riho in vocal terms. Her voice has quality and can be very strong at points.

Back to the argument not brought up by me that strong does not necessarily mean good.

Riho...on the other hand. While her voice may be overpowering,her voice has no real quality in it. Ever since Sakura joined,she has been trying to be a stronger performer (*cough cough* Help me!!),and that is not good for her because her vocals aren't ready for that.

I do think most of the girls have been trying to be stronger performers. Including Riho.

Anyway, in the same way that some people take apart any not-Riho-member's voice to point out the good aspects, I look at the whole group in that way. They have to be good in some way for them be in the group.

I will always look behind them at the professionals getting money for putting Morning Musume together in this manner without getting all this flak from the fans. Those people are neither deaf nor blind. Tsunku himself has said Japanese are very forgiving to performers who suck, that's why Morning Musume looks sharp. That person sees the quality of his own work. I think we just have too much time.
Idols come and go but Sayu is forever.
fujii hina
Senior Initiate

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:08 am

Sohee wrote:Yeah, let's blame Riho for the lines she get in songs. 8D She really needs to stop taking those high notes and stuff.

I wish she would turn them down, they're out of her range >.>

Qualifying that statement with: I do not think Riho is a bad singer. Anyone who thinks she's bad isn't listening well enough because they don't like her or something.

This song is excellent btw.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Sohee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:15 am

BerryzCelebration wrote:Actually...I wonder how the girls get lines.

They sing the whole song during recording and then Tsunku decides who sings what during the mixing of the song.

Riho is perfectly acceptable, I don't get what you guys are talking about. Is she as ~amazing~ as Aichan, Reina or even Gakisan? No. She's not as equally vocally talented at the moment but she has hell a lot of possibility to grow and in addition to her perfectly acceptable singing, she's an ace in every other aspect. Nacchi wasn't the BEST vocally talented in the group back then but acceptable, but she was a perfect idol and an ace in every other aspect back then which was what mattered.

If you don't like Riho's voice that's one thing and then I feel sorry for you as you'll need to listen to her a lot. But that opinion doesn't make her a horrible singer.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Obsidian » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:37 am

Also, she's still only 15.
Obsidian
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project