J-MELO and Morning Musume

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: J-MELO and Morning Musume

Postby Amped » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:20 pm

on August 9th, ANGERME, Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin, and BEYOOOOONDS Kiyono Momohime will be guests on a new episode of J-MELO. A Hello! Project episode.

NHK World - 8/9, BS Premium 8/15
https://www.nhk.or.jp/j-melo/nhkworld/e ... broadcast/

I hope Momohime plays her talk box.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:25 pm

This weekend on J-MELO (8/9), ANGERME will be interviewed and performing their new song. Also Hello! Project members Miyamoto Karin and Kiyono Momohime will perform a cover of J-POP songs. The two songs they chose to sing at "Hello! Project 2020 Summer COVERS ~The Ballad~"

Miyamoto Karin - Olivia wo kikinagara (ANRI)
Kiyono Momohime - Kousui (Eito)

https://www2.nhk.or.jp/hensei/program/p ... &eid=04148

Their covers are branching out on to TV now.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:38 pm

J-MELO today @ 8:10am, 2:10pm, 8:30pm PST
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/live/
Amped
High Priest

Postby erilaz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:49 am

^ Listening to Karin's cover, I realized that I was familiar with the song, but not ANRI's original version. Gocchin covered it back in the day. Another cool thing about the song is that it references my first celebrity crush, Olivia Newton-John. :)

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Amped » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 am

Today, ANGERME performed their new song "Mirror Mirror" in full at the J-MELO studio while social distancing. There was no group dancing, just cameras focused on them singing and dancing in place. Then MAY J. interviewed each of them. All of them spaced apart. They talked about what they did, new things they have learned while using social media, and things that happened during at home quarantine like celebrating Funaki's birthday. After, they performed "Kagiriaru Moment" in full while social distancing and an acrylic glass is actually placed between them. Again, no group dance.

Next Miyamoto Karin is interviewed by MAY J. about how she feels about performing solo ballad songs at the H!P Summer concert, while fans are quieting listening. Karin performs her solo "Olivia wo kikinagara" by ANRI (a song about Olivia Newton John) in full.

Last, Kiyono Momohime is also interviewed by MAY J. and asks her the same question about how it feels to perform a solo up on stage, and how it compares to BEYOOOOONDS group performances. She really wants to have a BEYOOOOONDS concert again. Kiyono says she has mastered her talk box skill during quarantine. She performs a surprisingly amazing performance of Eito's "Kousui" in full.
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:59 am

Amped wrote:She performs a surprisingly amazing performance of Eito's "Kousui" in full.

You know, every time Momohime gets to perform a solo, be it at Hina fes, Solo Fes, or a TV appearance like here, words like 'amazing' come up again and again.
Pretty sure we can drop the 'surprisingly' at this point. :giggle:
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 am

I appreciate how cautious Upfront is being with their Covid response but isn't the screens for a performance a bit excessive?
What do you guys think? It doesn't really seem needed to me based on the Covid safety guidelines I've read so far.

If they're following all the other precautions, a screen at that distance isn't going to make much difference.
I think Angerme is the first group I've seen use screens for a performance. Again, I appreciate seeing the safety precaution and girls being back but I really do miss the usual HP performances. The inactivity from an international fan perspective has been so hard and I'm just sad. :sad:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Man. I was really surprised when I saw Kosui on the list back when they released it and while I was happy with how Momohime sounded in the fanrecordings that showed - seeing her nail is THIS well was really nice. *_*
It suits her voice so well fjdksljfklds
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Amped » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:43 pm

J-MELO

Miyamoto Karin studio performance - Olivia wo kikinagara (ANRI)
https://streamable.com/705ksf

Kiyono Momohime studio performance - Kousui (Eito)
https://streamable.com/qh5jqc
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Momohime did amazingly well. I’d like more please! Another Round J-Melo!

I wonder if screens and such are more a rule implemented by the shows are or wherever they perform? And not by the company.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project