J-MELO and Morning Musume

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: J-MELO New Song Project with Morning Musume -- SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS --

Postby stam4o » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:55 pm

It sure did take me some time, actually a lot of time, I spent 70+ hours on this but I finally submitted my entry for Girls' World with Morning Musume。'14 Costume Design Project. Though it doesn't really matter how much time was it since it was a personal and professional(?) challenge so I had to complete it.
Hope they don't really get bothered with my kilometric entry and I apologized at first place for being a guy in a girl contest, just in case. And now that I'm seeing it again I made so many mispellings XD. But it was something I really wanted to do.
Breaking the rules yay'.

Anyway, here it goes everything:

This is the first time I've ever attempted to design some outfit so I really went for it and did 10 designs, each one featured by each of the girls that compose MM。'14, that way I'd also practice my drawing skills and not only the designing ones.

Also, the designs are ordered chronologically - the first one I did was Ikuta Erina's one, and following it that way the last one I created was the one featuring Michishige Sayumi.

Original explanation I sent with the image:

1. Ikuta Erina
This is my first attempt ever for creating an outfit, I hope I did well. The colours of this outfit are meant to be the same even when some of the parts of the clothing may variate depending on the girl who's wearing it.
Ikuta Erina's name can be seen too - at first I planned on doing the same with every drawing but later I discarded the idea so I'd focus on the drawing itself and that's why this is the only one where it can be noticed.

2. Ishida Ayumi
Same as oufit #1 - as some parts or shapes can variate depending on each girl, the colours are to be maintained.
*In general, that's what happens with most of the outfits so from this point on it'll be accepted as a general rule if not mentioned the contrary.*
The shoes for this outfit are big, very soft and with a round-y shape.

3. Kudo Haruka
This outfit features a combination of cloth strips and feathers. It's very light for wearing. This certain one accepts a colour variation (that's why it's orange for Haruka), but if given the case then none of it's clothing parts should be adapted.

4. Suzuki Kanon
This is a 'heavy' outfit, both for wearing it and forcencept it's used for. Here Kanon has her hair loose because of it. Not admits colour changes.
Each shoe has some things like pins, a waxing moon and a star.

5. Oda Sakura
There are a lot of laces, silver, red and some white; many of them connect to zippers distributed all over the costume. The white part are fluffy and soft, cotton-like. Although this outfit can be adapted it has to be done with caution because of the so-big amount of elements.

6. Fukumura Mizuki
Not very complex one, features bright and clear colours. The cloth bands on the part of the behind don't touch the ground. Notice that the top is not symmetric - there are 3 different pieces of clothing: one red that stays under and two more over it that make the non-symmetric play of white and orange both combined.

7. Sayashi Riho
Very clear one, made of 3-4 tonalities of blue, white and some very light yellow for the metallic parts(there are many little chains and the belt) and the shoes. The parts that are appear on the arms, legs, etc. may be somehow rigid, made by stiff leather or something of the kind. There are those kind of wings on the shoes, on her back and on her head subjected by hair pins or it's kind.

8. Satou Masaki
Another bright outfit. The yellow of her jacket is supposed to be light and bright too.
At first glance it may seem that Masaki is lifting her dress but the design is just like that - this part of the dress is 'missing' on purpose - this is so to not make it very classy but to add a fun touch too. On her head, the ornament is flower-shaped.

9. Iikubo Haruna
The most colourful outfit. Combines a lot of patterns, though each ones of them alternates white with a different colour. Features long gloves, sotckings and the big ribbons,

10. Michishige Sayumi
This outfit is very refreshing and 'breezy'. Very spring-like. There are tow different types of leaf - one round and one lobed - though the shapes and sizes will mostly be different so to not give a feeling of monotony. There are featured 3-4 tonalities of green.
The two types of leaf are distinguished on each hand, on the transparent cloth bands, both on her head and as her pendants, different for each ear.

Really happy with the results overall.
Btw, Mizuki is so difficult to draw, both her body and face. I had problems with defining Sayumi's face too.
Though Sayu's outfit is probably the best one.
And Ayumi's one gives me a good Daaishi feeling. =)

I think a nd I'd swear I could tell a thing or two more but now I really need to sleep.

Original giant image I sent to them: http://imgur.com/GfjBIJo .
If you use Deviantart this is also there: http://stam4o.deviantart.com/
Last edited by stam4o on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Amped » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:58 pm

J-MELO 4-20-14 - Mizuki, Haruna, and Sakura check out some more What is Love videos and take a first look at the costume drawings

HD

with english subtitles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntOWPMKJQRE
Last edited by Amped on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Rika-chan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:26 am

stam4o, please use thumb for your pictures...
Rika-chan
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Momohime, Ruru, Oda, Ogata

Postby Denki » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 am

Says the person with the really big and distracting signature. Can you at least make the font smalller? It's really annoying seeing it in every page you post. I just had to let it out when you of all people critique someone who did it on 1 page.

Stam4o just wanted to show his pics in a page where showing the costume design is OK. I'm pretty sure he didn't know it was an issue and he would be ok to thumb it or put it under a spoiler.

/end rant.
/apologizes if I offended anyone. D':
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 am

Y'know, you can turn off signatures, in your user control panel. Avatars, too.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby stam4o » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Guys , don't make a deal out of this. I just thought the pics wouldn't be seen clearly as thumbs so I put them on this size, similar to lots of posts about magazines shots or concert pics and thought it wouldn't be a bother (and on a thread with few traffic). But ok, I'm putting them as thumbs :thumbs-up: (haha for the pun)
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby 321BreakinOut » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 am

This is Jplop. It's a deal now; deal with it !
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:39 pm

on 5/31, J-MELO will be airing a "What is LOVE? ~Sekai to tsukutta Number One Hit~" special
「J-MELO スペシャル What is LOVE? ~世界と作ったナンバーワン・ヒット ~」
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/pr/keiei/shiryou/ ... 04/007.pdf

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue May 06, 2014 1:43 am

some of J-MELO costume drawings are up for viewing
http://www.nhk.or.jp/j-melo/nhkworld/en ... olume1/#11
Amped
High Priest

Postby Starra » Tue May 06, 2014 1:48 am

stam4o's aren't on there, but I assume they've gotten a lot more than what they're showing on the site.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project