Ootsuka Aina Has Left Juice=Juice & H!P as of 7/5

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Ootsuka Aina Has Left Juice=Juice & H!P as of 7/5

Postby Zunu » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:58 am

I wonder if there's a slight bonus in H!P for being "leader"?
Or even "subleader"?

(In which case, Captain was threatened at knifepoint into doing did Miya a favor.)

And maybe, in that case, if the appointment of leader-subleader in J=J was the last straw for Aina's parents? Since not only were they not getting the raise they were (hypothetically) demanding, but to add insult to injury, one-third of the group would be making more than their dear daughter right out of the gate?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby randompasserby » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:20 am

^x2
Well sure, the income discrepancies considering who got a lot of extra jobs and who doesn't, seniority and how long you've been in the group, bonus from merch sales etc. is plain enough to understand ... still looking for the sources of these cited numbers though, got any links? At this early in the morning my google-fu is not exactly at its best.

Then again, without any specifics of what group they're talking about and insights of their relative success currently it might as well be meaningless data *shrugs
Members of a new, barely known indies idol group making <$1k/month and a member of a ridiculously popular mainstream idol group (even their least popular member) making that paltry amount of money carries such a hugely different implication. It's all relative :lol:
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 am

I completely agree with what a lot of people here has been saying. Why let your daughter auditioned for MM, did the kenshuusei, debuted in an indie group and pulled her out right before the group has a major debut. It doesn't make any sense to me. If it is not Aina's will, I really believe that the selection of celebrity high schools from UF* does not meet the standard of her parents, or maybe it is the non-dating rule. But what about Airi and Konkon getting into Keio, and why would you let your daughter audition to become an idol if you cannot approve the no-dating rule?????? Anyway, most of the time Asian parents already have paths set for their children, which I think is very bad. I only wish that Aina does not regret this and can find something that she like to do in the future. I will be pissed if she ended up in ***48.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby resop2 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:11 am

People were never able to accept the given reason why Ogawa Saki left S/Mileage, so it's not surprising that people are not accepting the given reason why Aina is leaving J=J.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby koregaboku » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:25 am

randompasserby wrote:^x2
Well sure, the income discrepancies considering who got a lot of extra jobs and who doesn't, seniority and how long you've been in the group, bonus from merch sales etc. is plain enough to understand ... still looking for the sources of these cited numbers though, got any links? At this early in the morning my google-fu is not exactly at its best.

Then again, without any specifics of what group they're talking about and insights of their relative success currently it might as well be meaningless data *shrugs
Members of a new, barely known indies idol group making <$1k/month and a member of a ridiculously popular mainstream idol group (even their least popular member) making that paltry amount of money carries such a hugely different implication. It's all relative :lol:

I knew I saw it as H!P related, I just couldn't remember which group. I did a little Youtube search... But it was the one with Berryz (Passpo, Supergirls, and Sashihara Rino as host):

Skip to about the 16 minute mark. The guy says that even groups that have major debuted and are relatively doing well can still be paid in the 10,000~100,000 yen range. But that in return the management tends to pay for transportation, hair, make, etc. etc. (Passpo says that they have to do their own hair, make-up, and laundry though).

(I don't know how to embed dailymotion, sorry)

The insider says

And then from the same episode but deleted scenes:

Yurina says that in order to save money/not pay the girls their schedules will be made creatively to not have to feed them meals/pay for meal times. Like they'll work from 8-11 and then be off 11-2pm and on again 2-6 and then off again.
Last edited by Zunu on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Gomen, just put in the "Video" tags for ya.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby randompasserby » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:50 am

^Thx that was pretty interesting overall. I keep saying that I should start following Berryz more closely but I just can't seem to follow through XD

That interviewer guy huh... he'd probably know, I guess. Still too vague and lacking context to my liking but I'll take it for now.

The rest of the anecdotal "our agencies are cheap!" from the girls aren't exactly new or indicative of any of them being underpaid though. H!P girls have been making jokes and talking about it since as long as I can remember and at some level I actually find it quite charming how these girls we idolize so much because of their performance on stage with flashy costumes, glitters and whatnot are still humble enough to put in the mundane work themselves and well, basically being the opposite of an overpaid, full of themselves entertainment divas backstage.

Of course, it'd be terrible if the reality is that they're simply overworked, underpaid, exploited employees that are not getting enough support from their cheapskate agencies while they rake in the money but at this point I'd still consider that only as a glass-half-empty conjecture.
Last edited by randompasserby on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:53 am

MUROTAN FOR ORANGE JUICE !
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Chibs » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:35 am

I feel sorry for aina, she has to suffer because of this.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Amped » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:19 am

Sayashi Riho wrote:Also, as of today,
Otsuka Aina-chan
retired from Juice=Juice as well as Hello Pro Trainees.

Aina-chan is a colleague with whom I competed in the Morning Musume audition!

But because we were in different groups,
and I’m also a shy person,
ever since Aina-chan became part of Juice=Juice, we haven’t had many chances to talk.

That’s why I’m thinking, “Ah, I wanted to talk to her more…”

From now on as well, together with the new Juice=Juice, I would like all of us to liven up Hello!Project!

Aina-chan, thank you!

http://blog-project.net/sayashi-riho/142936
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project