Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby Zunu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:56 am

I occasionally read words and phrases in dreams, also sometimes in Japanese. Whole pages are a real problem because, in the real world, when you look away from a book for a second, and look back, the exact same book is still there. In dreams, when you look away from something, and then look back, your brain has to recreate the entire mental image all over again. And in doing so, errors occur. I mean, try doing the same thing fully awake. Look at a page of writing for a minute, then look away from it and try to recreate the content. It's next to impossible to accurately transcribe. In a dream, it's worse -- you have to keep recreating the page over and over, from moment to moment, and even if you can fixate upon one word, the rest melt away and reform like cappuccino foam. And if you try to reflect upon it, the act of contemplation alters the image you're reflecting upon. Sometimes in a dream I "remember" having a memory from earlier in the dream, and later I wonder, was that a real memory of a prior moment in the dream, or a fake memory of something I never actually dreamed? Like fundamentalist fossils?
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: ベッキー♪♯

Postby Starra » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Half of my dreams are about reading things on Twitter or JPlop, and I read the text very clearly (in either English or Japanese) :lol:. I've had plenty of stress dreams involving Twitter. The dream isn't me reading it, it's just the screen. Obviously I have an exciting life.

I've had heaps of dreams about waking up to a graduation announcement or some horrible world news or something. It's definitely a thing, anyone who says you can't read in dreams is lying, lol.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・小関舞・上国料萌・須藤茉麻・清野桃々姫・前田有紀・相川茉穂・石田亜佑美・平家みちよ・岡田ロビン翔子・ジュンジュン・RuRu♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby erilaz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:34 pm

It's like when people say that you can't dream in color. Absolute nonsense. I have clear memories of colors in my dreams. I once dreamt that I was eating watermelon that wasn't pink or red but an almost fluorescent green. The モーニング娘。LP cover that I mentioned was brown, with the name of the group in pink (actually a rather ugly cover), and the VIYUDEN LP cover was blue (and black, IIRC), with the name in bold, white, sans-serif caps — and no photo of the group, which I thought was a horrible marketing decision. XD
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Starra » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:37 pm

I've never heard that one :lol:. All my dreams are in colour. I don't ever remember dreaming in black & white.

I have quite a lot of vivid dreams (which is probably due to the melatonin) so I remember several of them. Some of the shit my brain comes up with to "entertain" itself is pretty pathetic, lol. To this day I will still have stress dreams about going to school and not knowing what my classes are. I haven't been to school in 5 and a half years! If it's not that it's a dream about my mum forgetting to pick me up from somewhere and me being really mad at her. Which is more realistic but it's only happened a couple of times in my life. I'm not even angry at my mum usually, or at least not enough to take it out on her in a dream I wouldn't have thought :lol:.

Interestingly I very rarely dream about anime/anime characters. My dreams tend to involve real people, or a screen full of text (or my cats). I also don't have many fantastical dreams and they all tend to be (mostly) grounded in reality. I guess even subconsciously I can't make up imaginary shit, lol.

Also, I hope everyone's having a good end of year festive/holiday season, even if you don't celebrate Christmas and the like. We're staying with my mum's sister and her family down south. It's really nice here (it's a very touristy place and I can understand the appeal!) and their house is on a hill overlooking a lake and some mountains. We have a lot of mountains here and they still have a little bit of snow on them even though it's summer... Wellington had no snow at all.

The only thing is that I miss my cats, of course. The people we're staying with don't have any pets (they're too busy for them and I don't think they're really animal people to begin with) and I feel a bit empty if I'm somewhere that doesn't have any animals. Give me my cute wee furry critters!

Speaking of furry things, on our way down here we stopped at an alpaca farm of all places! My mum knows the husband of the woman who owns it (they went to high school together about 40 years ago). Alpacas are pretty neat. And very soft. And friendly. We got to feed them and pat them. They had three babies in the herd, one of which was only about 5 days old. I got to pat it since it kept coming up and sniffing me and the mum could tell I wasn't going to hurt it. I could stroke a baby alpaca forever :heart:.

I still don't post much but that's entirely because I'm spewing all my thoughts on Twitter still. Most of which are related to a certain ice skating anime at the moment :fear:. I still check JPlop multiple times a day just in case anything of note is happening in the fandom, however.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・小関舞・上国料萌・須藤茉麻・清野桃々姫・前田有紀・相川茉穂・石田亜佑美・平家みちよ・岡田ロビン翔子・ジュンジュン・RuRu♡
Starra
Prophet

Postby Celedam » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Starra wrote:To this day I will still have stress dreams about going to school and not knowing what my classes are.

Plan on having those dreams (late to school, don't know classes, unprepared for test, etc.) for the rest of your life.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:48 pm

I have dreams in color and sound. So that's bull. I am queen of creepy ass weird dreams that make no sense to me whatever and I also have the power to see into the future but I only see stupid things that make me just feel like I'm having dejavu and question my sanity.
Shoujo Q

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby erilaz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:42 pm

Celedam wrote:
Starra wrote:To this day I will still have stress dreams about going to school and not knowing what my classes are.

Plan on having those dreams (late to school, don't know classes, unprepared for test, etc.) for the rest of your life.

Yep. Not that long ago I dreamt that I'd been enrolled for a math course, but hadn't attended for the whole semester, and now it was time to take the final. And this was at least 25 years after I'd taken any sort of math class in real life.

I've also had those dreams from the teacher's side: I was supposed to teach a class, but didn't know the subject matter at all.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Moh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:31 am

I don't remember ever reading anything in a dream, but they're always in color. I've even dreamt about songs, so there's definitely music. :lol:
I haven't had orthodontics for years, but I still dream about having braces and headgear. Worse yet, I sometimes dream that all my adult teeth are loose and falling out. :cry:

I did all my Xmas dinner shopping this morning. I went for some stuff yesterday after PT and it was insane, so it was definitely better to get that stuff done at 8AM. XD
Moh
Prophet

Postby Zunu » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:45 am

Moh wrote:Worse yet, I sometimes dream that all my adult teeth are loose and falling out. :cry:

I've definitely had that dream before. I believe it's a very common theme. According to wikipedia, Rava, a rabbi from around 200 AD (or, more appropriately, CE), was cited in the Talmud as having a dream of his teeth falling out, so it's not something limited to the era of modern dentistry. I wonder if other primates have such dreams?

--
On a totally different note, I just had a completely random mental flashback to ten years ago, when the Nintendo Wii was released. And for the next several months we heard stories of various clumsy people, many who had never owned a vg console before, flinging the Wii controller into their massive 48" flat screen TVs, or other people's heads, or conveniently placed fine art pieces, etc. Now, with VR, it could be just a matter of time before there's a new crop of tech-newbies walking off cliffs, toppling from construction girders, driving full-speed into sinkholes, stepping on their dog's tail, etc.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Moh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:31 am

Merry Christmas, JPlop! :xmas: And since last night was the first night, Happy Hanukkah to anyone that celebrates it. :)

My parents headed out to my grandma's, so no present opening until they get home. My brother was at work last night and didn't get home til about 6 this morning. Oof.
I have lasagna to prep soon, and a chocolate cheesecake to make after that. I'm highly excited for the lasagna. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Postby Zunu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:08 am

Happy Ploppadays, y'all!
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby esm » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:43 am

So it seems like this was a shitty year for a lot of people...? That's the impression I got from the people I know, and personally it was the same for me, compared to how things seemed to be moving upward in the few years leading up to this one.
esm
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Zunu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 am

Yeah kinda but it could've been much worse so overall I'm glad
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:16 am

So far, for me it's been mostly hard work, with less time for hanging out with people I like or just relaxing (whatever that is). And overall, well, the world is a strange place, and nothing, I suspect, is what it appears to be -- on all levels, ranging from superficial to profound. But that's nothing new. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby boinsie » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:36 am

TotallyUncool wrote:Years ago, I dreamed that I found a VHS tape labeled シャイニング娘。 at a yard sale - I don't recall whether the characters were clearly readable on the cover (which was mostly generic dark-green-swirl VHS cover design), but in the dream, I knew that it was a genuine Shining Musume live-concert VHS tape (and that I had serious doubts about whether I wanted to be in the same universe with it).

It looks like a twisted version of your dreams (nightmares?) are coming true. :o
boinsie
Guru

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:51 am

The world is a very, very strange place sometimes. :fear:
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby 321BreakinOut » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:43 am

Ehh the wota can hate all they want but I think this is great . Obviously AKB is popular and Monusu is getting back to that place where they're even somewhat relevant again so I think this is a only going to help them :thumbs-up:
321BreakinOut
Devoted Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 am

I like the idea of idol groups doing mix-and-match performances. That's one of the things that's been getting me hooked on the Momoclo Folk Mura shows - they do a pretty good job of mixing H!P, AKB, indie idols, and interesting/eccentric performers with the Stardust idols.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Denki » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:59 pm

RIP Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.
Out of all of this year's celebrity deaths, these two really hit me.
モーニング娘。'16 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ カントリー・ガールズ ☆ つばきファクトリー
☆ 生田衣梨奈・羽賀朱音 ・横山玲奈・牧野真莉愛 ☆ 佐々木莉佳子・笠原桃奈 ☆
☆ 梁川奈々美 ☆ 和田桜子 ☆ 新沼希空・小野田紗栞 ☆ 山崎夢羽 ☆
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Starra » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:32 pm

I'd honestly only vaguely heard of Carrie Fisher and had never heard of Debbie Reynolds at all :fear:. It sucks though, their family must be devastated... And to have it happen around Christmas, too D:. Wouldn't wish any of this on anyone...

We're on our way back from our holiday and should be getting home tomorrow. I haven't seen my cats in a week and I still miss them! I did have a good time away, though. We had a quiet Christmas and just had the Kiwi traditional dinner of roast meat (in this case lamb) + Pavlova for dessert.

Yesterday we drove through the small town my mum grew up in and uh. It's barely a town :lol:. It has a population currently of less than 2,000 and it's very rundown. Lots of old buildings/houses that have been there since my mum was a kid (and haven't been repaired), the school buildings are still the same, etc. I must say, I laughed at it. It's not a terrible place but it's tiny and would be pretty conservative and my mum doesn't seem like she comes from that sot of a place at all (she did move to a "city" when she was 12/13, but still).
Starra
Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project