Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:18 am

esm wrote:I'm teaching for the first time during my PhD program this quarter...
You'll do a great job, however smart they (think they) are! :pizza:

And AyuHikaru, congratulations on you wedding, and on Eri the noble-looking kitty! :cake:
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:33 am

Thanks guys!

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:"our Juice=Juice money"
today: "Juice=Juice announces america..." LOL
also congrats!! :D :D
Did you guys plan a date as well, or just a whim "let's get married" lol. That's what my parents did actually.

We planned it like 3 days in advance >.> We were just going to get eloped (In Colorado you can just marry yourselves, no officiant required) but our parents wanted a small ceremony.

After we bought Eri we already started saving again JUST IN CASE. Maybe if they don't show up we'll just buy another cat. :lol:
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:She's a long haired Scottish Fold.
:inlove: She's precious.

Congrats on your marriage! I hope it was a fun time.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Starra » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:47 pm

I love Scottish folds! :heart: Congrats on the marriage as well! You two have been together for ages, right? (Or at least it feels like you have, lol.)
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:35 am

We planned it like 3 days in advance >.> We were just going to get eloped (In Colorado you can just marry yourselves, no officiant required) but our parents wanted a small ceremony.

After we bought Eri we already started saving again JUST IN CASE. Maybe if they don't show up we'll just buy another cat. :lol:

oh, you already had the ceremony! congrats c:

Maybe if they do come you can bring Eri along too lol
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:52 am

Starra wrote:I love Scottish folds! :heart: Congrats on the marriage as well! You two have been together for ages, right? (Or at least it feels like you have, lol.)

12 years. Almost thirteen. We were only together a few months when I signed up for JPM so I've been in a relationship just as long with you guys. lmao.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Moh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:06 am

Congrats on the marriage!
Moh
Prophet

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:31 am

Moh wrote:I don't even know what a Discord is. :lol:
Spoiler: show
I could've voted in that poll, but then realized I can't even write myself in. :fear:

This is OT but I'll answer it here since you probably wouldn't see the members talk one for a bit.

Discord is like a forum for chatrooms. You get your own server and all you're friends can discuss things in different "rooms" on the server that you can flip between at leasure. You can also just join multiple servers for all kinds of different things.

Here's my server for reference (It's for FFXIV)
On the right are the different servers I'm in, top right is friends who send you direct messages. the hashtag section are the different sections you can talk into, then the chat itself, and on the left is all the people in the server and their status.
Everyone seems to be using it nowadays
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:14 am

A quick PSA…

Google Chrome (at least on the Mac) appears not to respect its own Incognito Mode, and this appears to be a recent change.

I often browse YouTube in Incognito Mode when I want to watch random crap and not have it remembered on my Google account. Even if you've disabled your viewing history, the videos you watch while logged on are still remembered and then used later for advertising and recommendations. (Which makes you wonder why there's an option to disable your viewing history, but that's another discussion.)

Until recently, when I opened a fresh tab in Incognito Mode and then went to the YouTube home page, I saw the true default page with no recommendations. Now, however, I see a lot of recommendations that obviously come from my Google account. It could be doing any of the following:

- Google Chrome is allowing access to Google and Google-related cookies, regardless of Incognito Mode;

- Google Chrome is allowing Google and Google-related sites to see the browser itself is logged onto a Google account; or

- Google and Google-related sites are using my IP address to do cross-site tracking.

I suspect it's one of the first two — the third would also work in Safari, and I'm not seeing it there.

It will take more testing to figure this out, and I don't have time right now. Anyone else want to give it a try?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby boinsie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Mine doesn't seem to be showing me things based off of anything but general popularity. The only thing on there that it would usually bother to show me is a Black Pink (KPOP) performance, and it has over 1mil views so it's just showing me because others care.
boinsie
Guru

Postby boinsie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:43 am

erilaz! You probably already know about this since you're a fan and work at a record store, but looks like Shonen Knife will be participating in a Dr. Demento cover album! They're doing Eat It. Preview on Amazon.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news ... et-w511278
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:29 am

^ Thanks! Yes, I saw that when it came in yesterday, and I'll definitely be buying it. :)

Whoever thought of having Brak cover "Institutionalized" is a genius of the highest order.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Zunu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Far as I can tell, Brak's Wikipedia page has yet to be updated with that breaking news. :hehe:

Speaking of illustrated characters, a book I pre-ordered from Amazon back in 2015 finally showed up today!

Walt Kelly's Pogo was a comic strip mostly from the 1950's and 1960's about (fictional) animals such as Pogo Possum and their misadventures in the (real) Okefenokee Swamp of Georgia/Florida. It's most famous for a panel from the early 1970's which featured the catchphrase "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 鎖那

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm

I pretty much grew up on Pogo, and images/phrases/ideas still pop up in my head on an almost daily basis (because they are still so relevant to everything from politics to just plain everyday life). :thumbs-up:
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Celedam » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Today I learned that Kevin Clash (Elmo in Sesame Street) and Danny John-Jules (Cat in Red Dwarf) voiced the Fireys in Labyrinth.

Now I know why the song "Chilly Down" has always sounded vaguely familiar to me.

(aside from the fact that i grew up with Jim Henson and the Muppets, i saw both Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal when they were released, and i've owned a few different copies of the Labyrinth soundtrack throughout my life.)

For comparison, from Red Dwarf

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am

Well, there is a new attempt to separate California. This time with "New California." :facepalm:

At least 6 Californias made sense. I hate this idea solely because my county is included.
モーニング娘。'16 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ カントリー・ガールズ ☆ つばきファクトリー
☆ 生田衣梨奈・羽賀朱音 ・横山玲奈・牧野真莉愛 ☆ 佐々木莉佳子・笠原桃奈 ☆
☆ 梁川奈々美 ☆ 和田桜子 ☆ 新沼希空・小野田紗栞 ☆ 山崎夢羽 ☆
Denki
Devotee

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Every attempt to split California that I've seen is basically a pathetic scam by one special-interest group or another with a barely-disguised agenda (breaking up the state's electoral votes/congressional delegation, creating two new senate seats, etc.), and since any split would require approval by voters in the entire state (and not just the proposed Greater West Bakersfield Co-Prosperity Sphere or whatever - and it probably wouldn't even pass there), it doesn't stand much of a chance. :roll:

I grew up in rural/agricultural California, and I know how people there think. They'll talk about it for a while, because it will give some of them a chance to grumble about everything they don't like in Sacramento, or San Francisco, or L. A., but they won't even bother doing that very much, because they know it's not worth the time it takes to complain (and they really know that they need coastal/urban California even more than it needs them).

And then in a few years, somebody else will come up with another flaky split-the-state scam ("Let's turn all of the desert counties into the new state of Meth Lab Rattlesnake Hell Paradisafornia and make big $$$ selling desert wash land to money-launderers in Bitcoin-only transactions!") which will make the news for about half a day before something more interesting (like a new strain of toenail fungus) comes along.
:mikihead:
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby erilaz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 pm

So I have to cross a state line to go to my nearest BART station and Nation's Hamburgers now?
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm

I can't even begin to understand the deranged non-logic that would place throroughly urban Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Orange, and San Diego Counties in the Brand New, Unimproved East Jerkifornia, while leaving the Central Coast counties (which are very agricultural/rural) in Wicked, Ungodly, Scandalous Big-City Original California. :blink:

If the people who came up with this not-gonna-happen scam want to gerrymander something so badly, they can start in on their own posteriors (preferably using a hand auger with a 3/4 inch bit). :lol:
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Denki » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Okay Putin, I get that you're trying to separate California because you're afraid of the upcoming midterm election. :whistling: :P
モーニング娘。'16 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ カントリー・ガールズ ☆ つばきファクトリー
☆ 生田衣梨奈・羽賀朱音 ・横山玲奈・牧野真莉愛 ☆ 佐々木莉佳子・笠原桃奈 ☆
☆ 梁川奈々美 ☆ 和田桜子 ☆ 新沼希空・小野田紗栞 ☆ 山崎夢羽 ☆
Denki
Devotee

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project