The Morality of Idolatry

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Morality of Idolatry

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:41 am

Starra wrote:I thought the rules are there because wota are more likely to support a girl if they're *~*pure*~* (as in not dating). .

They have to be pure for HIM (as we assume Wota are mostly male) and therefore, indirectly, the wota controls the girl. He controls the she.

(It should be noted that this somewhat exists in Johnny's fandom as well, which looks like she controls the he, but Johnny's is run by males, who keep their acts pure to control their female fanbase.)

As for the other stuff, it's not that I dislike other idol groups (I have AKB, Momoclo, TGS, Fairies, and BiS all up in my ipod) it's just I don't follow them as closely.... except BiS. Everyone should follow BiS.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:54 am

Unfortunately yeah, Japan is pretty sexist. But as I said, I don't see it changing any time soon sadly.

And I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything btw. It's just that I know people who dislike any non-H!P idol groups automatically and I... don't like that.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby DSQueenie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:58 am

The thing that gets me is that there are just as many crazy fans in the male idol fandom who do not accept their idol dating and their management doesn't set any clear rules about dating other than the fact that they deny any relationship that appears in the Tabs.

Why can't the girls have that system and f**k the crazy fans? And don't give me that guys are the "sexual aggressors" line because Yarakashi are just as bad as the 2ch dwellers. You only have to see how they treat Meisa.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby resop2 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 am

^
^
^
That doesn't seem like a very good argument. There are other reasons why a girl might want to stay "pure" and some (peer pressure, wanting to emulate their mother, wanting to devote full time to other activities like education or extra-curricular activities) don't involve HIM (who was a pretty good big evil on the Power Puff Girls).

^
Wow, isn't it odd that in the idol world, the guys fans want the female idols to be "virtuous" while the female fans want the male idols to be "promiscuous"?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 am

A girl choosing purity or not is irrelevant since it's in their contracts they have to stay pure whether they choose to do so or not. It's kind of like 50 years ago when women were only housewife's because that's what they were, even if they didn't choose it for themselves. When the idol industry lets the girls make their own decisions, a girl who chooses purity will have much more weight.

I wouldn't say girls want johnny's to be more promiscuous, it's really just an issue of them being male and therefore getting away with more.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:08 am

Although, once they get to a certain age it seems the management stops caring. Like Yuuko :lol: .

I know that's kind of different, but hush. Also if you think about it they let Tsuji back after her baby. So it's not like they completely disregard girls being in relationships if they're of age.

Which doesn't justify anything -- I'm just saying.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby DSQueenie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:18 am

@resop2 It's kinda messed up in all parts of life that when people wanna demean a girl they say she's to sexually promiscuous and if a guy is insulted it's that he's gay. I think rules like the no dating rule may inadvertently help keep up these bad (and they are bad) stereotypes.

I have no problem with not dating for work reasons, I do it my self, however like Ayu said it would be cool if it were a personal choice and not forced on the girls.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby Chibs » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 am

does this mean i am a horrible person? Because I do want Eririn to return.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Zunu » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:10 am

Thought you wanted Eric to marry Aichan for a sec.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby resop2 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 am

Chibs wrote:does this mean i am a horrible person? Because I do want Eririn to return.

I won't say horrible.

OTOH maybe a little sad since if Eri is going to come back at some point, she's certainly making her fans wait for it.
resop2
Skeptic

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project