The Morality of Idolatry

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby wotakubrandon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 am

Zunu wrote:Also gaiz, (Saho) Akari in S/mileage? ARE YOU DAFT? She's way too...sly...for S/mileage. They're supposed to be totally innocent girls who just by accident dress like OOPS, WHY IS MY SKIRT SO SHORT? WAKANNAI!!!
THEY'RE GOING TO GROW UP EVENTUALLY AND THEN IT WILL BE SAD AND NOT CUT AND THAT'S WHEN AKARI WOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO SHOW THEM HOW TO BE AMAZING.
-WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALL-
wotakubrandon

Postby 321BreakinOut » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:13 am

OMG :mikihead:
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Rm88 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 am

Nothing against Saho, but I don't want her in my S/mileage. We already have a superior Akari anyway.
Rm88

Postby wotakubrandon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 am

Superior in hell maybe.
wotakubrandon

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:17 am

In the discussion of the "no boyfriends" rule, what would happen if you replaced the phrase "no boyfriends" (or "no dating") with "eating a bowl of fresh vomit every morning" (as a contractual requirement, maybe because some of the more vocal wota were barf-fetishists, and got turned on by that kind of thing)? Would you still feel the same, or would the idol business strike you as being a bit too depressing to really enjoy without some serious reservations? Because for me, the "no-boyfriends" rule (if it's really enforced, rather than being a matter of "we'll look the other way, but don't let anybody catch you") is just about that depressing (although not quite as barfy).

And -- it's important to remember that no entertainment management company (nor any other employer) can be trusted to act as a genuine substitute for anyone's parents. If you trust them the way that you'd trust your parents, they will eventually betray you.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Rm88 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 am

I think it's indeed a case of not being caught. That's why these scandals happen XD Also, that time when Morning Musume was in KuroBara, that ex-SPEED member (I think? don't remember the group :lol: ) said she indeed used to date while being an idol.
Rm88

Postby esm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 am

How the hell would they actually go about actively enforcing the rule? Stalk the girls everywhere they go? You wouldn't see anybody lasting very long, yet many of them have been around for at least ten years. :roll:

They'd probably have to work harder at hiding from the public than hiding from the company.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am

That's what I've thought all along -- that it's really just for show, and management companies like H!P discreetly (and maybe discretely, as well XD ) look the other way, while the girls manage to actually go out and live real lives (when their schedules allow it XD ). That kind of look-the-other-way thing is necessary to make life liveable in a lot of situations anyway. I just get a little burned out when people talk like they take the "no-boyfriends" farce seriously, and think it's important to stick to the "rule."

^^ Was it Eriko? I can imagine her saying that. XD
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Chibs » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:22 am

I think it is harder these days for the girls to be dating on the down low than back then when Nana was an idol. With twitter and stuff, it isnt the company they have to worry about finding out, it is the wota. They dont need to enforce it, it is more an if your caught then your punished.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:35 am

And wota attitudes are hardly all the same -- when Mari wound up getting Friday'd with Shun or whoever way back when, it seems to me that most of the comments on 2ch were pretty much "This is stupid! DON'T drop her form Morning Musume! WE WANT MARI BACK!"

And with the silly AKB "Oh, I just cut my hair out of shame!" thing a while ago, it seems like most wota whose opinions I saw were talking about how stupid it was.
TotallyUncool
#Member

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project