The Morality of Idolatry

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: AKB Scandals Thread

Postby Zunu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:59 am

The article was in the gossip mag with a photo. She would've still been in trouble. AKS is pretty hardcore when it comes to this kind of infraction.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Re: AKB Scandals Thread

Postby DSQueenie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:45 am

I think it's different because:
1. Most Nun's these days start later in life. When your 13 you don't really get how hard it is gonna be to forgo boys for the majority of you teens and twenties and once your five years into being a idol your stuck between something you've work a big chunk of your life on or something your crazy hormones won't let you not desire.

2. The difference in treatment between guys and girls upholds the idea that women can't be sexually active partners even when they are not idols. Even I only need to reference Taylor Swift and you all know I'm talking about a girl work cycles though five guys a year (although she is a actually a good example for the most part since only a small section of the population ever questions the amount since her PR is pretty good) but no-one even questions that guys can act that way. I'm not saying being sexually aggressive is a preferable way to live you life I wish the normal woman had that choice without being slut shamed.
Now I understand that with idols it is different and that their innocent nature is what makes them appealing. However I think relationships being on the DL (No flaunting of you relationship in interviews or on your blog) and as long as you maintain the illusion that it is forever a high school relationship (like T swift doesn't mostly successfully) or just never confirm your relationship that the idol system could still work.

3.The Nun Monk relationship is a religious one. I've never been religious (raised an atheist) but even I think religion kinda has a more profuse relationship with your life and society in general than idol music. I think if we changed things around in the idol world just a little bit, moved with the times, that the industry could perhaps be even more sucessful than it is now without the core principles changing.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Re: OG Thread

Postby Celedam » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:39 am

It might be okay when casually viewed in the context of those blogs, but that's not what is happening here. We now have wota — that is, complete strangers — reading the blogs of her friends solely because they are her friends and then collecting and reposting those photos for no good reason whatsoever.

If you still don't get it, subtract the fact that she's a former idol and then look at it again: adult men are collecting the personal, candid photos of teenage girls, and you're saying it's okay simply because those photos happened to be posted online somewhere…

Seriously?

She chose to leave the public eye and enjoy her private life. We should respect that choice.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby LiamMusume » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:49 am

I agree with Celedam, I don't like how they have found the blog and posted her friends pictures. She may not want to live a life in the public anymore and I think most of all her fans could respect that.
That is just my opinion, I am not out to bash anyone or try to attack anyone's opinions!
Mitsui Aika - Wada Ayaka - Iikubo Haruna - Hagiwara Mai - Nomura Minami - Ogata Risa
LiamMusume
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Mitsui Aika

Postby Zunu » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:09 am

Lol gmafb with the cheap, heavy handed think-of-the-children language. It's a reasonable assumption sure, but we don't really know for a fact that it's "adult men" involved, and why does that even matter anyway? If it's wrong, it's wrong even if other "teenage girls" are the collectors.

More importantly though, Yuuka's 18 anyway. To a man ( or woman), all of my adult friends just tell me "please don't put my pic on facebook or on your blog" if they don't want strangers seeing them online. Maeda's not stupid, she can do the same, especially since she has to know she's not exactly anonymous. I'm not saying there's zero creep factor, but I know plenty of people who think idol fans are creepy regardless. From their perspective we're just strippers looking down our noses at call girls with this kind of finger-pointing.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 am

Fuck you. It's precisely because we're not much better that we should try to be better.

But regardless, there is a clear boundary between consuming a product freely offered and stalking a person who's already told you that she doesn't want your attention.

What's next, if she doesn't want people following her down the street then she shouldn't leave her home?

I'll just add this to the growing list of examples of your situational ethics.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:34 am

Celedam wrote:Fuck you.

That's just uncalled for.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby wotakubrandon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:35 am

When shit gets real in the OG thread.
wotakubrandon

Postby Celedam » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:37 am

AyuHikaru wrote:That's just uncalled for.

Well gee, I don't appreciate being called "cheap" and "heavy-handed" when I'm talking about something I feel strongly about. I'm funny that way.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:42 am

He said your language was cheap and heavy handed, no you personally. While it's a insult to your argument it's certainly not an insult to you. We can all stay rational here.

Bringing out the swears tends to make people listen to your arguments less and all (And you were making some good points)
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project