[3/13] Berryz Kobo 31st single : Asian Celebration

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: (3/13/13) Berryz Kobo 31st single : Asian Celebration

Postby Zunu » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 am

I feel like you guys are giving a little too much weight to the leader title. The groups already have producers/managers that they are accountable to and whose orders they have to follow to a T. The leader is kind of just an honorary team leader position, signifying that the person is/should be respected by all and should take responsibility for rallying the group. But whether a girl is respected or not depends on her, not on her title. I don't think Momoko would do something more if given a title than she's done already. If she could, she would've already been doing it. Momoko's looking out for Momoko.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Rm88 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:06 am

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the title of leader/captain (which is why I think Saki should keep it), I was talking about Berryz being more about Momoko because she's pretty much on a completely different level in comparison with the rest of Berryz.

Be Genki had more Chinami and Maasa than Momoko. You know, this is stuff that simply should not happen, it'd be like a Momusu a-side getting more Haruna than Riho (and in my books Haruna >>>> Riho, but you get the point :lol:).
Rm88

Postby Zunu » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:17 am

Hmm, okay, yeah, not really sure why that's not happening... except that it might breed resentment and hurt group cohesion.

Dunno...are there any older (16+) Kenshuusei who are not yet placed in a group? Like, maybe if they threw her into Berryz, it would shuffle the deck chairs enough that the group would get thrown out of its complacency. They'd all be scared except for Momoko, and then the rest would look to her as an example. Although, more likely they'd just be like a bunch of old disgruntled office workers whining about the hardworking newbie trying to steal people's jobs wtf!
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Jessi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:32 am

Yeah it's pointless to have this talk about leadership. C-ute and Berryz are like teams of equals. Morning Musume is different because they have such a deep history and the girls are mostly new. Sayu is needed to help pass on the legacy to the new girls while C-ute and Berryz have formed their identities as a group.

Berryz isn't doing well because they are starting to lose their direction. C-ute has become solid and cohesive. They are going in a very mature direction. Morning Musume has found their very modern and edgy direction. Berryz has gone from gimmicky to mature to whatever Asian Celebration is. Honestly I don't know what Berryz is doing now and I'm sure neither do casual fans. Could you predict what Berryz next single will sound like? I know I have a bit of an idea what C-ute and Morning Musume's next single will sound like.

And also I think the girls themselves look sort of mismatched. Risako and Miyabi are mature, but then momoko is very... Momoko. The other girls I'm not even sure of. They just aren't as cohesive looks wise and personality wise.
Last edited by Jessi on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby wotakubrandon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 am

OMG YOU GUYS BERRYZ IS DOING BADLY BECAUSE OF UGLY CLOTHES!
wotakubrandon

Postby Rm88 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 am

Most idol groups lack looks uniformity, including ~48, Morning Musume and C-ute. I don't think that's a problem, we have Sayumi and Sakura in the same group after all. Other than that I agree, and that's what I've been saying - please stick to something that works for Berryz. Sure, WANT! didn't bomb, but it didn't match cha cha SING and Tsunku is more than capable of writing something in the same style. And really, with Morning Musume in charge of cool, C-ute in charge of sexy and S/mileage in charge of cute-happy, not allowing Berryz to be wacky crazy cha cha Otakebi group is puzzling. There is a market for that, just look at Momoclo.
Rm88

Postby sb » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am

I blame Momusu and C-ute. Cause if their sales were like they were a few years back we wouldn't be having this conversation XD
sb
Minion

Postby Chatin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am

I'd like some of the girls to get mandatory dance training. They've been at it for a long time, and they're professionals, and they'll pull of the choreography they're given, but they won't have the opportunity to really push their own limits as long as the weak links aren't able to make that jump. The choreographers will straight up not push them because they know Maasa and Risako might not perform it as sharply, or Yurina might not hit it as elegantly. I love the choreography they get, and it isn't bad most of the time, but they're only comfortable in it. The girls can also use some vocal training to polish some rough edges. There is no reason why Maasa should be butchering Semi in fan events.

It's also possible that the girls as a group feel that management is treating them as second tier. That's gotta be annoying. There must be a reason why Miyabi will push it in Buono! and Aa! and DIY! (look at those exclamation points.. talk about pushing it.. haha), but then lay back a bit in Berryz. There may be so much misdirection just in the management and staffing that the girls don't know where they're going or where they'll be a year from now. Are they just waiting and dreading the day that Tsunku walks into the room and tells them that they're disbanded? When they're celebrating "10 Years!" on their 9 year anniversary, it's gotta instill fear that they might not be around next year.

EDIT: Is Berryz the only current H!P group without punctuation? Conspiracy! Talk about misdirection. They don't know if they're a statement, an exclamation, a question, a temperature or a fraction. :miki:
Chatin
Minion

Postby wotakubrandon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 am

Rm88 wrote:cha cha Otakebi group is puzzling.
Isn't that what Asian Celebration is? I mean I wouldn't really call cha cha Sing or Otakebi Boy wacky but...
wotakubrandon

Postby Starra » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 am

Zunu wrote:Dunno...are there any older (16+) Kenshuusei who are not yet placed in a group? Like, maybe if they threw her into Berryz, it would shuffle the deck chairs enough that the group would get thrown out of its complacency. They'd all be scared except for Momoko, and then the rest would look to her as an example. Although, more likely they'd just be like a bunch of old disgruntled office workers whining about the hardworking newbie trying to steal people's jobs wtf!

The oldest Kenshuusei is Kaneko Rie who's just turned 15.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project