[3/13] Berryz Kobo 31st single : Asian Celebration

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: (3/13/13) Berryz Kobo 31st single : Asian Celebration

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Watching the Berryz love from the recent Hello Station, the Cha Cha Sing live was very lackluster. Good song it may be, but they were definitely not selling it.

Also Captain was called the leader on Tsunclub (Seriously, that is like a must watch, go watch it)
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby sb » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 am

Yea except for Momochi I don't think they have the kind of personalities to push their group to a higher level. Sure, Captain once said she wanted Berryz to get a #1 single, but what is being done to make that happen? Honestly I think, it falls on Miyabi and Risako. They're the two front girls, they would be the ones that would be able to bring in more fans but from what I've seen they're straight fine and dandy with the status quo. I mean would it be safe to say, of all of the front girls in H!P, they have to least amount of outside the group exposure?
sb
Minion

Postby wotakubrandon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:32 am

I think we all know Berryz isn't doing as well because they consistently lack cute clothes.
wotakubrandon

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:05 am

sb wrote:Yea except for Momochi I don't think they have the kind of personalities to push their group to a higher level. Sure, Captain once said she wanted Berryz to get a #1 single, but what is being done to make that happen? Honestly I think, it falls on Miyabi and Risako. They're the two front girls, they would be the ones that would be able to bring in more fans but from what I've seen they're straight fine and dandy with the status quo. I mean would it be safe to say, of all of the front girls in H!P, they have to least amount of outside the group exposure?

Risako is Oshimen status for me (Meaning a girl I support with my money on a regular basis) but this is absolutely true. Miya and Risako, as front girls, need to step their game way, way up
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby resop2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 am

But what can Miyabi and Risako do to step it up?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 am

I'm not 100% on Miyabi because she's pretty talkative, but Risako is so quiet and reserved. It's not even that she needs to be outgoing, but she literally contributes nothing to 90% of conversations. Even on Tsunclub, when Miya and Captain were talking she had to be forced into the conversation by Tsunku and Miya, and even then she didn't say much. She doesn't have to be super omg crazy, but being talkative and being present would be nice. She always looks like she's somewhere else in interviews. If the front girl is acts bored, what are people supposed to think. And I know people may come in and say "look at this clip she's so awesome here" but most of the time she's passive as all hell. Miyabi and Risako's dancing is good, but it's not engaging either. They really need to be extra cool on stage.

Again I LOVE THEM, I'm not trying to be a hater here. You have no idea how much I've spent on Risako alone XD but yeah...
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Rm88 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:33 am

I think Chinami is pretty entertaining on TV, she's always being loud and sporting her trademark iceberg-melting smile. But then she's just not popular at all XD
Rm88

Postby Sohee » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:58 am

Except for making sure people understand that they are business partners and not friends, I honestly find Chinami quite boring on TV.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby zam_ho » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 am

Denki wrote:WHEN THE HELL CAPTAIN WAS LEADER OF BERRYZ.

I hate those who a backlashing Captain for not being a good leader when she was not a leader to begin with. If anything, being "Captain" of Berryz is just a title - nothing else. Leaders do more, even if they do nothing at all, they still do more.

Maybe that is one reason why Berryz is like it is. There is no leader, thus no one to look up to, everyone acts wild uncontrollably. Ju=Ju still yet to have a leader or a captain...

Captain is leader of Berryz. There is an old video where Momo points out that Captain was at the top of their roster list, implying she is leader. Like someone commented, everyone in H!P acknowledges Captain as Berryz leader. What they don't have is a sub-leader.
Berryz ( and the other H!P Kids - at the time there was no C-ute ) decided to call Shimizu "Captain" instead of "leader" because at the time she was also Captain of Little Gatas. So the title stuck.

At one time Berryz was very pumped up. Miya, if I'm not mistaken, wanted another concert at SSA. Captain was even allowed to give input on how to run their concert.

Risako had always been quite and reserved. That is how she is. Even so she has changed in other ways, fashion-wise.

I don't know if you guys know it, since no one touched on the matter, during one of the "Improvise Plays", Risako revealed that at one point she considered quiting but a classmate of hers convinced her not to. Maybe that was the turning point ( I mean after the play ), Berryz changed bit by bit.
zam_ho

Postby Rm88 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:58 am

I remember Berryz appearing on TV to perform Jiriri Kiteru, and then the girls saying Captain was the leader just because she was told to based on her age :lol: She's definitely too soft and passive for a leader. I think Miya or Momo would be much better leaders. And in the end I think the girls would show way more determination if they would be allowed to build some momentum with a string of good, Berryz-fitting songs - just like it happened not that long ago during the Inazuma period.
Rm88

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project