[3/13] Berryz Kobo 31st single : Asian Celebration

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [3/13] Berryz Kobo 31st single : Asian Celebration

Postby Rm88 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am

While I agree that we don't need a thread for Momoko's twin tails or an official weight-tracking thread for Maasa, I think a single general discussion thread for each group wouldn't be too bad. See, right now we're discussing a ton about J=J that doesn't really have anything to do with their only release so far - and while the pointless thread kind of works, it's hard to keep a discussion going in an organized way because at any point we can be interrupted by a "lol Chisato should dye her hair blue" post.
Rm88

Postby Celedam » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am

It's not that hard to ignore such non-sequitors. The dominant discussion will continue to dominate, if people care enough about it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby zam_ho » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 pm

If there were more than one dominant discussion going, it can get confussing pretty fast.
zam_ho

Re: the Berryz Kobo thread, not Asian Celebration thread any

Postby Bossy Zunu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Amped wrote:well, you'll need to convince Bossy Zunu. he doesn't like people making new threads. such as me making a separate SATOUMI thread. he'll need to hypocritically break his rule.

ILU, Amped. Don't ever change. Your not getting over this is much more of an annoyance to yourself than to me, so by all means, continue to let it fester and stick in your craw for no reason.

Semi-seriously. Allowing other people to make new threads isn't hypocritical, it's inconsistent. Get it straight.

More seriously, the reason I didn't want you to make a separate SATOUMI thread is because it's a niche project closely linked to SATOYAMA. Even non-H!P references closely link the two ecologies.

Bottom line, it's already a settled issue.

Berryz, C-ute, Momusu are major groups. If people want them to have separate threads, I don't in principle have an objection to that. My only issue is that people will then start thread-monitoring the shit out of every other thread. Why did you post that Berryz thing here, it belongs in the Berryz thread! REPORT!!!! I can foresee there not being a happy outcome to that.
Bossy Zunu
Site Admin

Postby Starra » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I don't like the idea of group threads tbh. The current way we have things works perfectly fine.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Re: the Berryz Kobo thread, not Asian Celebration thread any

Postby 321BreakinOut » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 pm

zam_ho wrote:^There are just too much stuff not related to any H!P act in the pointless thread.

Also, when I want to talk about Berryz or its members, I don't want to interupt a discussion on Morning Musume, for example. Thats why its more convinient to have separate group threads, IMO.

That's understandable But Obviously you would want to bring up Berryz (or vice versa) i assume you're doing so because it correlates to whatever is going on so in a sense you're not really interrupting :) . I personally don't have a problem as long as it doesn't get too carried away and go on and on for pages into discussions that some may deem (Pointless XD) <------
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Starra » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah, seriously, nobody really cares if you do that XD.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Re: (3/13/13) Berryz Kobo 31st single : Asian Celebration

Postby sb » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Rm88 wrote:What is this nonsense? Be Genki costumes were awesome. I worship everything about that single, really :lol: Which is why I don't group it with the 2011 bombs even if it totally belongs there numbers-wise.

Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance is godly too, and actually one of their most successful singles - stuff like Monkey Dance, Otakebi and cha cha SING is what I think Berryz needs to do consistently. These are songs that in my mind are very particularly Berryz-like, and coincidentally get good numbers.

Thing is though coincidentally a lot of Berryz best selling stuff is stuff that are tied into anime or cover songs.

It's all about promotion moreso than quality of music. I mean is Ren'ai Hunter so much worse of a song than Momusu's 4 songs after it? To me its not. To some others its probably not. And maybe to others it is. But I guarantee one thing, I bet less people have actually heard that song and THATS why it sold less. Cha Cha Sing didn't make Berryz sell a little better cause it went back to Berryz wacky roots. If that was the case WANT! and Asian Celebration wouldn't have sold 30K. What it did was make more people aware of Berryz. A better job was done promoting it than the other songs. The 2011 Berryz had no tie ins and their release schedule got fucked by a tsunami. Then they waited a ton of time before super hero girls came out. THEN Cha Cha Sing came out, and they got Thailand involved, and did a flash mob, got Chinami a Twitter account talking about it, rolling with snakes, talking about the song, hell, they even went back to having a PV for Loving you too much, which was something else that worked for them. They finally got a little bit of a push and that's what helped them.
sb
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Of course promo plays a big role, but do you think Be Genki could have achieved cha cha SING numbers with more promo? I don't know, we often see releases getting similar promo and one kind of song performing much better than others. I also don't think Pyoko could have achieved 100k simply with better promotion, for example.
Rm88

Postby wotakubrandon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:00 pm

It could have NR wasn't infinitely better SYO but it had better promo.
wotakubrandon

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project