[01/16] Kikkawa You - Sekaijuu ni kimi wa hitori dake

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [01/16] Kikkawa You - Sekaijuu ni kimi wa hitori dake

Postby Amped » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 am

Amped
High Priest

Postby UreChiissa » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 am

Good for her, I have found myself singing Sekaijuu ni Kimi wa Hitori Dake a lot lately, and I like the song more and more each time I listen to it even if it wasn't catchy at first!
UreChiissa
Minion

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Triple A side single 1st week
weekly rank #19
total 4,208

-- 17 17 *4 46 18 34  *19 **4,208 2013/01/16(水) 吉川友「世界中に君は一人だけ/Valentine's RADIO/チョコレート魂」
Amped
High Priest

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 am

^ I want to say that that's in the range of Konna Watashi de Yokattara, since my mind remembers it selling around 5k the first week. Thats pretty good though, for lax promotion efforts.

After listening this entire single through numerous times, I'd say it's quite good. I think people are just more tuned in to immediately liking upbeat songs, and attributing upbeat songs to success. This definitely does seem like the slow-paced fare that you would need to be in the mood for.

Sekaijuu - It's a catchy song that takes a few listens to get used to. I find myself singing the chorus from this song the most though, and that's the best part. Along with the build up to the chorus lol.

Valentines Radio - This song is so good. The arrangement has this ethereal feel to it, and it kind of reminds me of Perfume's "23:00" in sound. It's easygoing, and doesn't build to a huge chorus or anything, but that's ok. I like it this way, and it adds to the relaxed feeling of the song. I just can't get over how awesome the arrangement is.

Chocolate Damashii - I liked it when it first came out, and I love Kikka's rendition of it. The arrangement almost has small bits of her vocaloid past in it, but thankfully they strayed from that. Kikka's voice sounds wonderful, and I always have to sing along when the "kimi kimi~" part comes on lol.

All in all a solid single. Would I have given this a listen if it wasn't Kikka though? Probably not.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby danzarely » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 am

321BreakinOut wrote:Omgomomgg Chocolate Damashii !!!! No freaking Waaay ! Kikka's voice is going To be perfect for it !

Diiiiiiiiiis!
danzarely
Acolyte

Postby Jessi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Sekai juu - painfully boring. Could possible do well as the ending theme song to an anime.

Valentines Radio - also painfully boring. Instrumental sounds like one of the songs that play when you walk through a town in Pokemon.

Chocolate Damashi - the best song out of the three and it's not even Kikka's. worst part is that Ayaya's version is better. her video for this song is amazing.

I really hope that they get back on track with Kikka because she is amazing and deserves better. I feel if she keeps going in this direction she would have to quit making music and become a housewife or something...
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby kikkawame » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm

I got my copies of this single today, absolutely gorgeous and came with nice photocards. But I also got her live dvd 'Live Docu Kikka' and that is amazing, total of four hours, two hours of concert footage and slightly extended overseas visit documentary. The live footage is great as it is from two different gigs, one featuring a live band almost all the way through, and the other these impressive dancers that do backflips and all sorts of cray stuff! Plus it features a great mix of tracks and came with a photobook. But then there is a price for this... It is not blu-ray, yet cost 6800 yen!!! Is that the most expensive regular purchase j-pop concert dvd ever?
Bold, brash, uncensored and unscripted. How I have been all my life, not gonna change now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
http://www.allforyuu.blogspot.com/
kikkawame
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Kikkawa Yuu

Postby Nono » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Maki's G-Emotion Final ~for you~ dvd was 10,500 yen...(fuck you avex) and all we got was a cheap "replica tour pass"
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

Postby boinsie » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 pm

^^ LIke you said though, it's 4 hours of footage and came with a mini pb. I mean, yeah, that's still expensive, but I think more explainable than some other things...
boinsie
Guru

Postby Rm88 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm

So for some reason this single as a whole has grown on me a ton. It's the PVs what I didn't like, I guess, because all 3 songs are very enjoyable after all.
Rm88

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project