H!P SATOYAMA events and Ambassador activities 2024 thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P SATOYAMA movement project : 2 new units Peaberry & D

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:38 am

Exciting! :heart:

Was my first reaction. :lol:

I won't care after a bit, but the only thing that bothered me right off was Riho (she's already being swamped with all the MM stuff, and is known for her voice getting strained even without this extra bit on her plate) and Miyabi (who already has Berryz and Buono! to be in).

But whatever, new units, time for a party. :inlove:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Mirai » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:09 am

Yay for new units!!!
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby Amped » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:23 am

Peaberry and DIY♡ have an interview in BLT magazine issue that comes out this week

「ピーベリー」と「DIY♡」のどこよりも早いインタビュー、7/24発売のB.L.T.9月号に載ってます! どっちもいい感じのユニット★
https://twitter.com/YO_sann/status/226277985437753344
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:32 am

translation from H!O

There's a new startup project from Up-Front Group called "SATOYAMA movement". It's been decided that two musical units born from there, "Peaberry", "DIY♡" will appear at the Hello! Project seasonal tour <Hello! Project Tanjou 15shunen Kinen Live 20120 Summer>.

First of all, concerning the SATOYAMA movement. This is to propose the beautiful lifestyle where people meet while reaffirming the value and meaning of the necessary "Satoyama" existence of maintaining a balance of nature and activities done to support peoples' lives. The program "Hello! SATOYAMA Life", currently running on TV Tokyo and BS Japan, is also linked to the larger SATOYAMA movement plan. Hello! Project members make the proposal through actually experiencing things like agriculture and DIY.

And now, the musical units born from that SATOYAMA movement, "Peaberry" and "DIY♡".

Peaberry is a 2-person group formed from S/mileage's Wada Ayaka and Morning Musume's Sayashi Riho. One nut which grows on the coffee tree contains 2 beans (these are coffee beans), but rarely there's just 1 bean which takes on a round shape. This is called a "peaberry". The meaning of this Wada and Sayashi unit, is that the 2 will become one, and they will attain a perfect form as one body.

DIY♡ is a group formed from Berryz Kobo's Tokunaga Chinami and Natsuyaki Miyabi, ℃-ute's Yajima Maimi and Nakajima Saki, as well as Morning Musume's Iikubo Haruna. DIY is an abbrevation for "Do It Yourself", where you make things for your living space with your own hands, but this group is something which comes from the initials for "Dance In Yourheart". It's given the name to express a strong feminine spirit of opening up your own pathways so that there will be dancing inside your heart, and so this is a dance unit which will make your heart dance.

At the <Hello! Project Tanjo 15shunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu ~Ktkr Natsu no FAN Matsui!~>, Peaberry will display the song they perform, "Cabbage Hakusho". In contrast, at the <Hello! Project Tanjo 15shunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu ~Wkwk Natsu no FAN Matsuri!~>, DIY♡ will give a performance of "ForeFore ~Forest for Rest~". Now, both songs will be completed to carry the Satoyama world view.

Peaberry and DIY♡ together will not only do activities limited to this concert, but will continue activities from now on as well.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Pavlova » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:37 am

i wish i was excited but.. really could careless :/ well if the songs are good i will definitely change my mind, of course
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby Moh » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:42 am

I am most excited for DIY♡, omg.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:49 am

I'M DYING. HARRUUNNNA

Her in a dancing unit is pretty hilarious though, what made them decide that I wonder.

I can't wait to see what these units will do.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:55 am

MiyukoKaioh wrote:When I saw the announcement for these units I immediately thought of EcoMoni (which always had two members) and Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai (which had five members in each lineup) ^^;.

Basically.
wotakubrandon

Postby DSQueenie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:33 am

Is it weird that I'm more excited for Peaberry? I *love* Haruna but I love a good duo and Ayaka and Riho seem like a good fit.

Do you guys think we will get CD releases?
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:47 am

I hope so. I'd like to see them release the two songs as a double a-side single, or something.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project