Mitsui Aika to graduate from Morning Musume。on 5/18

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Mitsui Aika to graduate from Morning Musume。on 5/18

Postby MrMoondoggie » Fri May 04, 2012 10:08 pm

I doubt she truely wants to leave and that sucks. The people that are complaining that she's tacked on to Gaki's grad are also being insensitive. Unless you yourself have ever been told you need to stop doing something you love because of injury and disability stemming from that you can't understand how that feels and how hearing people complain and be dickish is just kicking the dog when it's down so to speak.

Maybe if they had stuck with the original plan of a 5th gen joint grad then Aika would have got her own grad in spring it seems like them keeping Gaki on to train the kids threw a spanner in the works and they have decided in the end to graduate her in spring anyway. I would hope that she gets proper treatment and not just a quick footnote where she gets some flowers and them they usher her away so Risa can have her big moment.

At least she could have goods and a graduation DVD. And even if she had to sit down for it let her sing and have a moment in the spotlight. It'd feel kind of crap if it's like "Okay yeah you're like disabled now so you can't work, Have some flowers okay bye"
TEAM TAKECHAN
MrMoondoggie
Acolyte

Postby resop2 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Maybe Aika staying in H!P means that Aika will be joining Berryz Kobo? :fear:

Also, Makoto's graduation, if memory serves, was announced the same day as what was supposed to be Konno's graduation.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Sohee » Fri May 04, 2012 11:04 pm

At least she'll get her solo song for Budoukan. Tsunku answered my tweet about it, hahaha.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby UreChiissa » Fri May 04, 2012 11:10 pm

it's so weird to see all of those comments that have almost nothing to do with : OH NOOO AIKAAA DON'T LEAAVEEEE

For me, Aika was never that oh-so-misseable member so her graduation is not a big shock even though I really liked her in the early days, but seems she just couldn't evolve properly in Momusu... It's bad to see her go but as someone stated, she wasn't on the show of Morning Musume with the Fairies and I didn't even notice...

Farewell!
UreChiissa
Minion

Postby MrMoondoggie » Fri May 04, 2012 11:31 pm

^
I think it's just seeing her absent is something we all got used to so don't really notice anymore. She was out of action a long time and even when she returned to being able to walk she has only been used for a select few appearances so it's not like she ever made a full time comeback where we see her all the time again.

And as for nobody being in a state of shock asking her not to go maybe people saw this coming for a while with her personal health being an issue and Doctors saying she shouldn't be doing dancing in case of further injury.
TEAM TAKECHAN
MrMoondoggie
Acolyte

Postby MrMoondoggie » Fri May 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Sohee wrote:At least she'll get her solo song for Budoukan. Tsunku answered my tweet about it, hahaha.

I'm glad to hear that. She deserves to have her moment in front of the fans.
TEAM TAKECHAN
MrMoondoggie
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Fri May 04, 2012 11:42 pm

A lot of people keep attacking Tsunku for this decision etc. .__.; I feel kinda sorry for him, but I guess he's used to it. I love his replies sometimes though:
Fan 1: Way to bring Gaki out from the spotlight!
Tsunku: Where did I ever say Niigaki won't get the spotlight?
Fan 2: At least give Aika some spotlight ffs...
Tsunku: Where did I ever say that Aika won't get any spotlight?
Fan 3: More than anything, I really don't want Mitsui to get the spotlight.
Tsunku: Everyone will be in the spotlight.

Tsunku, never change. :heart:

He also wrote in his blog that he understands that everyone's shocked etc about this, but because of her health and all, her graduation should take place as soon as possible - and they didn't know this until the end of April so they couldn't very well schedule an extra show or something. So because of that they put her together with Gaki - who probably wanted a perfect graduation too, but how most likely don't really feel bad about having to go with Aika.

It's far from ideal for her, but this is so much better than to just have her drop out without any kind of ceremony or mention at all. She's been in the group for five years, a solo song at some attention at the concert is not too much to ask.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Pavlova » Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 pm

... I learn this 2 days after having cancelled my Gaki-san graduation trip because I truly cannot afford it.

My 2 favorites. At once.

I'm currently trying to see what I can possibly to do be there.

If anyone, ANYONE has tips.. please help me.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby boinsie » Sat May 05, 2012 12:27 am

resop2 wrote:Also, Makoto's graduation, if memory serves, was announced the same day as what was supposed to be Konno's graduation.
Ogawa and Makoto had their graduation announced on the same day, April 28, 2006. The confusion came from the fact that Konno's grad date was announced for the end of the H!P summer tour (July 23), whereas Ogawa was supposed to stay until a month or so later, not graduating until the end of the Ribon no Kishi play on August 27. But then at the end of the concert Ogawa was in a graduation dress along with Konno, and many fans felt bad and awkward and frustrated because they hadn't chosen to buy tix to see that concert (because how could they have known?), and didn't bring blue penlights for her, etc.
But her graduation was announced several months prior to either of the end dates.

Regarding Aika--it definitely sucks for her and I feel for the girl. At the same time, I would have made the same decision; if it's going to hurt both myself and the group, even if I love it, I just couldn't continue doing it. The timing is a little rough, but honestly it also feels like they couldn't have hung onto her for even longer--what was she going to do? Certainly not dance or perform properly.
It's bittersweet, but at least she wont continue doing herself harm in the pursuit of her job, and she gets to stay in H!P as an MC or something, which I think will make her happy.
boinsie
Guru

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat May 05, 2012 12:28 am

This is sad, though I saw it coming. MY 8th GEN ; ;

Aika was never a favorite of mine, but she was never at the bottom and she was so sweet at AX I couldn't help but like her after that. I'm happy she's getting the help she needs and I'm happy she decided to take care of herself. I think she should have gotten her own graduation, but what are we gonna do?

I really fucking hate that 8th gen is going to go down in history as a colossal failure now, though :/
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project