Niigaki Risa graduated at Nippon Budokan [5/18]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Niigaki Risa graduated at Nippon Budokan [5/18]

Postby Celedam » Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 am

A complete photoshoot for the entire group, including costumes, hair, makeup, and equipment, is at most 1 million yen. Amortize that over the entire production run, and you maybe increase the cost per photocard to 50 yen each. (I honestly don't know how many they print; I'm figuring 10 members x 4 photocards per member x 1000 units per photocard.) That's still a much larger margin than on the shirts, but the shirts may win on total revenue.

As for designing the shirts, notice that many of the shirts these days are drawn by the girls themselves.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Mon May 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Niigaki Risa's translated Graduation speech;

Today on May 18th, I, Niigaki Risa, will graduate from Morning Musume and also Hello! Project. To all of my fans who have supported me up until now, thank you very much.

I wrote a letter to all of you with all of my feelings of gratitude packed inside.

In the summer of 2001, I joined Morning Musume and started activities in the Morning Musume I so loved and admired. But at first I didn’t know my left from right and did everything hesitantly. The four of us - Ai-chan (Takahashi Ai), Makochi (Ogawa Makoto), and Konkon (Kondo Asami), who were in the same generation as me - were always together and weren’t able to talk to the senpais easily. No matter what inexperienced-about-everything me did, it never went well: I couldn’t keep a rhythm, I couldn’t dance, and as I was I just felt anxious about whether I could be appreciated as a member of Morning Musume. I really felt as if this world, which I had longed for since I was a student in elementary school, wasn’t so sweet.

But my senpais taught me. They didn’t teach me with words or anything like that; it was something they taught me, slowly but surely, when I stood on stage with them. I felt their hot, passionate feelings for Morning Musume, like they seriously loved Morning Musume. All this time I’ve thought, “These are pros. This is what Morning Musume is. One day I’d love to be able to stand on stage with that hot something just like my senpais did.”

Since that day, I’ve learned so many things looking at my senpais from behind. Even now, my senpais are what I long to be. Thank you.

And the graduations of my generation. There were times when I felt lonely thinking, “Everyone’s graduated, oh, now I really am alone,” but even after everyone in my generation had graduated they thought of me. When it was painful for me, they came running to me right away. They’ve always been there next to me even though we’re far apart. Ai-chan, Makochi, Konkon, seriously, thank you for supporting me so much. Our same generation love is immortal.

And also to the current members, thank you for coming along with me.

Kudou [Haruka], take good care of your husky voice. Sato [Masaki], your naive smile is the best. Ishida [Ayumi], your ‘I hate to lose’ personality is gradually coming out, isn’t it.

Iikubo [Haruna], you’re the older sister within the 10th gen so there will be some things that are tough for you.

Suzuki [Kanon], take good care of yourself. And if something is bothering you, say it. Oh! And teach me some impressions next time.

Sayashi [Riho], your singing and dancing is gradually looking better and better. Push on with that trend.

Ikuta [Erina], I worry about you becuse there are times when you can’t control yourself. But I think I’m getting to know the KY who loves me. I love you, Ikuta.

Fukumura [Mizuki]-chan, don’t forget how much you love Hello Pro, and love it a bunch from here on out.

Mitsui [Aika], after this, put your body first and take it easy.

Tanakacchi [Reina], seeing you always being so picky and pushing your way forward was so cool.

[Michishige] Sayumin, I’ve laughed with you so much. Thank you for saving me so many times with your kindness, Sayumin. After tomorrow, you’ll be the leader - I’m leaving it all up to you!

Everyone, I ask of you: please treat the Morning Musume after this well.

And Tsunku-san, thank you so much for allowing me meet friends that money could never buy. I’ve had so many shocking surprises since I’ve been in Morning Musume, but now I’m kind of used to it.

I’m so happy I was able to sing and do activities as [part of the] Morning Musume I love so much. I’m grateful that they got me on board for all sorts of discusisons too.

And to everyone on our staff, I won’t forget that you’ve supported us so much that it can’t be expressed in words. I’m so full of gratitude. Thank you so much.

And also, thank you for the family I’ve grown the closest to, and to the allies I’ll have any time[, no matter what]. I’ve said selfish things at times, but in the past 10 years I’ve felt the importance of ‘family’. Since Risa’s gonna do her best after this, Grandma, [even though] you’ve gone to heaven and weren’t able to see my graduation live, please watch over me.

Lastly, to all of my dearest, precious, important fans:

Thank you for all of the cheers [you’ve given me] since my debut! Thank you for all-yellow pen lights on my anniversaries. Thank you for the yellow T-shirts. Thank you for all the letters. Thank you for singing so much. Thank you for dancing so much. Thank you for jumping so much. Thank you for all of the smiles and the love. Thank you for giving me so much courage. Because of all of you, I was able to come this far.

The kind words from all of you - for example,”Gaki-san, you’re so Gaki-san”, “Don’t do try TOO hard to do your best”, ”We’ll always be your supporters”, “We’ll be supporting you with everything we’ve got”, “Tell us when things are hard and painful for you”, stuff like that - these past ten years, I’ve felt your love. I’ll go forward with all of your love in my heart.

I’m graduating from Morning Musume today, but I feel proud of having been a member of Morning Musume, and I’d love to keep being a bigger fan of Morning Musume than anyone else. I love Morning Musume!

- Niigaki Risa, 7th generation leader

http://princessincognito.tumblr.com/pos ... ion-speech

Never Forget
[youtube]Tu0emiOgSAQ[/youtube]
Amped
High Priest

Postby DARC1993 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm

^
;____________________;
Last edited by DARC1993 on Mon May 21, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Postby Celedam » Mon May 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Audio of the speech, subbed!

[youtube]oUexLn5H7vE[/youtube]
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 pm

narz wrote:
Grandma, [even though] you’ve gone to heaven and weren’t able to see my graduation live, please watch over me.
I’m graduating from Morning Musume today, but I feel proud of having been a member of Morning Musume, and I’d love to keep being a bigger fan of Morning Musume than anyone else. I love Morning Musume!
:crying:
wotakubrandon

Postby Sohee » Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 pm

JIJIPRESS
[youtube]WfUEkY8d8nA[/youtube]
:crying:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Echidna » Tue May 22, 2012 12:14 am

narz wrote:Thank you for all of the cheers [you’ve given me] since my debut! Thank you for all-yellow pen lights on my anniversaries. Thank you for the yellow T-shirts. Thank you for all the letters. Thank you for singing so much. Thank you for dancing so much. Thank you for jumping so much. Thank you for all of the smiles and the love. Thank you for giving me so much courage. Because of all of you, I was able to come this far.

why yellow? O_o
Echidna
Acolyte

Postby Celedam » Tue May 22, 2012 12:18 am

Lost in translation, I think. Her color is more yellow-green than green, so they don't call it midori.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 am

Her color is 黄緑 which is yellow-green (also pea green, apparently? lol). I think most overseas fans refer to it as light green though?
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Echidna » Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 am

oh, thanks :)
Echidna
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project