[02/15] DMM - Shining Butterfly (1st single)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [02/15] DMM - Shining Butterfly (1st single)

Postby resop2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 pm

I think Summer Musume would have been a good name.

And, I would be interested if many of the members did JAV. Yuuko and Natsumi certainly (although Natsumi is way to main stream for that). Also Rika, just because her personality would give pr0n a completely different spin. But, not the married ones. That would just be wrong.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby DARC1993 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Lol. :hehe:
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Postby marippeTakacrotchi » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Whatever, you guys, this is awesome.

Then again, I don't have the same mega-boner for 2008-2010 era MM than everyone else on the internet does. :mikihead:

If Miki hadn't gotten herself knocked up already, this would be my favorite day.
marippeTakacrotchi
Senior Initiate

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Starra wrote:But they kind of are doing just that anyway...? At least in my opinion.

Idk, I think fan rivalry between groups (MM。vs AKB, MM。vs DMM。etc) is really stupid tbh. Why can't people enjoy both/all?

:notworthy:
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Chatin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Also, as performers, certain people thrive better in the group environment than on their own. Morning Musume was created for this very reason. I don't see how its sad for these girls coming back together into the grouping they were so strong as.
Chatin
Minion

Postby boinsie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Wasn't everyone's theory upon her graduation that Koharu specifically didn't thrive in a group setting? :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Zunu wrote:It happens to a lot of formerly successful pop groups. Around 6-8 years ago, my mom dragged me and my brother to a "Chicago/Earth Wind and Fire" joint concert event. (Can't remember how my sis escaped but I'm thinking she had fled the country again perhaps.) These are two groups that were popular in the ~ 1970's and 1980's that as far as I could tell, had nothing to do with each other except for the fact that their fans were around the same age, i.e. "close to retirement age." And wouldn't you know, it wasn't too bad, they played and sang competently. I'm pretty sure though, they didn't sing anything less than 25 years old. No wait, there was like this one weird draggy song toward the end that had the feel of that excruciating album cut that you always skip -- which served as the signal for a massive bathroom break exodus for all the people on high blood pressure medication. My mom hasn't seen them again, but there were definitely lots of people in that audience who had been serial offenders. They were like oldies tour experts, they knew exactly which seats were nearest the parking lot, how to minimize their time in the souvenir and refreshment lines, etc. But whatever, they and the other 10,000 fans were happy, the artists got paid, the songwriters got a royalty check, management raked in bucks without having to do anything creative or daring. There are worse ways to get a paycheck.

I went to a Bangles concert last month. At one point during the show, Vicki was introducing a song from their new album and thanking those fans who'd been eagerly awaiting it. Then she said, "And for the rest of you: DON'T WORRY, WE'LL BE PLAYING THE HITS, TOO!" :hehe:

It was a good show, by the way. And I really like the new album. And Susanna still looks great in a short skirt. :love:
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Zunu » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Mature audiences (particularly the ones whose kids already have grown up and left the house) have a lot of disposable income, especially when compared with a teenager still in school. So groups like DMM can be money machines. Even old farts like Madonna and Paul McCartney rake in megabucks year after year despite having long ago lost musical relevance. And even then, they can come out with a new CD from time to time that, despite zero airplay, moves in the neighborhood of half a million copies, because people want to relive their youth over and over again.

People get more nostalgic as they get older. DMM has the potential to be UF's top act.

But not through cannibalizing sales from Morning Musume. The current group will stand or fall on its own. It won't be hurt by DMM any more than AKB48 is hurt by the similar sounding SKE48 and NMB48.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby DSQueenie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 am

^
I just hope you are right.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby Parhelion69 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 am

I don't care jack about the Old Girls (I'd follow them if Aichan or Eri were in though), but I really hope they don't outsell momosu, if they do then I'd wish that they disband
Parhelion69
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project