[02/15] DMM - Shining Butterfly (1st single)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [02/15] DMM - Shining Butterfly (1st single)

Postby Chatin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:24 am

Very excited. These musume actually know how to perform. :heart:
Chatin
Minion

Postby Celedam » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:35 am

Starra wrote:DMM。cover old MM。songs; people bitch.

DMM。release original songs; people bitch.

Jesus. Calm down.

People are "bitching" because DMM exists at all. Which songs they perform is irrelevant. The announcement of this single just shows that it's an ongoing endeavor rather than a brief reunion thing.

And you are hardly the one to scold anyone else about needless, incessant complaining…

Chatin wrote:Very excited. These musume actually know how to perform. :heart:

That's a perfect example of why the existence of DMM is unfair to the current MM.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 am

I'm happy they get new material so maybe they won't do awful covers from now on.

But to say that current MM doesn't know how to perform is just ridiculous. Sure, 4 of them are new but even so they did great at Mobekimasu - and I've heard this goddamn argument for ages anyway. The only difference between DMM and MM is that DMM had amazing timing back in 1999/2000 and they got popular. UF getting lazy with promotion and whatnot a few years later does not mean that the quality of the girls went down -- on the contrary the dances etc became more difficult and they got way more vocally talented than they had been before.

This group in general is one I don't like. I like half of the girls (or rather 4 as Miki's gone) but that doesn't make this group any less lame.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby boinsie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 am

I would argue that the existence of DMM is actually tainting my perception/memory/feelings about the OGs from years ago when they were in MM. Me being sick of them now makes me sick of them then. And the fact that they're willing to come back to a group that they supposedly graduated from, not just for a compilation album and performance, not just for a tour, but for at this point a planned three full concert tours? Seems untrue to themselves and unfair to the juniors they left in charge of the real MM.
Moreover, like DSQueenie pointed out, they don't even bring in that much bank. The whole thing just seems ridiculous and terribly managed.
boinsie
Guru

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 am

Eh it just reminds me of SDN48, where all the old AKB girls went after they graduated.

I really hate the name Dream Morning Musume, though. Always and forever.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Chatin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:23 am

I don't see how this is unfair to current MM. It's a love letter to the fans, and that's all that really matters.

And to say that MM has gotten more vocally talented?? Reina and Risa are the only two current members who can sing, and none of them can hold a candle to the vocalists of DMM. Let's not be ridiculous.

And as far as performing goes: Reina, Risa, and Sayu bring it. Aika always half assed it. Riho is doing very well, but the other 9th gen members are still stumbling messes. 10th gen? They haven't even done anything of value yet. You can't call them performers based on a split second shot during a ustream.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Sohee » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:34 am

I said that MM has gotten more vocally talented than they were back in 2002, or whatever. Compare that line-up to the girls in 2009.
Sure, Koharu, Sayu, Aika and Junjun couldn't sing very well. But the other girls definitely could and the performances they put on during concerts by far outdid any of those older concerts MM did back then. DMM has Nacchi and... who else is a good singer? I guess Mari is classified as one and Kei. Personally I like Yuko's voice but I wouldn't say she's the best signer. Kaori, Rika, Yossi, Koharu, Makoto aren't strong at all. MM have their bad ones like Sayu and Erina, sure. But since most DMM members were in MM, the overall quality has gone up a lot. Back then it was pretty much only Goto and Nacchi who could sing anyway, (edit: and Kago, forgot about her) and Ai, Miki and Reina when they joined.

Since then though, sure, Eri, Junjun and Linlin left, four new girls jumped in, Ai left and now four more girls who we barely know. Like I said, we don't really know them, but from what we can say Ayumi and Haruka are safe enough. 9th gen has grown insanely much this year if one compare to how they started out.

Yes, obviously, Nacchi and Mari who has been doing this since 98 would be more experienced than someone who joined 10 months ago. They would be better with dancing and whatever, but they don't pull it off as well as MM does. Which is why I'm happy they get a new release and maybe something that suits them and represents who they are better than old songs and bad covers of recent Morning Musume songs.

The name needs to go though.
Last edited by Sohee on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sohee
Hierophant

Postby Sohee » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:36 am

AyuHikaru wrote:Eh it just reminds me of SDN48, where all the old AKB girls went after they graduated.

DMM with SDN's wardrobe or songs would make me so embarrassed. :fear:
Sohee
Hierophant

Postby Starra » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 am

But I like SDN :lol: .
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby resop2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:11 am

I am excited, if no one else is.
resop2
Skeptic

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project