Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: [12/07] Hello! Project Pucchi Best 12

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:46 am

Pucchi Best 12 covers :

CD

DVD

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:48 am

Wow, that's better than i expected XD I wanna get this so badddddd.....

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:49 am

iceymoon wrote:yeah, jacks are like knights. ^-^
it would be a better name, since because of the name i don't see them as very special. for example, i think knights in chess are cool. XD but hey, playing cards have a long history and have gone through many changes, so it makes sense that the end result doesn't make sense to us anymore lol.

they are sometimes called knaves in english? i think. really unsure, englsh isn't my first language.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:34 am

Wikipedia wrote:As early as the mid-16th century the card was known in English decks as the Knave (meaning a male servant of royalty). It became Jack in 1864, when Samuel Hart, an English cardmaker, published a deck using J instead of Kn for the lowest court card. The Knave had been called a Jack as part of the terminology of All-Fours since the 17th century, but this was not common usage because "jack" was considered vulgar. However, because the card abbreviation for Knave was so close to the one for King, it was very easy to confuse them, especially after suits and rankings were moved to the corners of the card in order to enable people to fan them in one hand and still see all the values.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_(playing_card)

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:52 am

Oh wow, the covers are pretty good! :lol:

Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:49 am

Double post..but..lol look at Koharu still trollin us XD "I'm Still Making H!P Money Bitchessssssssss!" :hehe: bwahahahahah

Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:07 am

Pavlova wrote:they are sometimes called knaves in english? i think. really unsure, englsh isn't my first language.

yeah, i saw that on wiki too but i'm pretty sure most people would not know/recognize that word. it's just known as a Jack (of hearts/spades/clubs/diamonds) commonly.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:41 am

I would know it! 8D Knekt.. Knave ... similar. :P

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:23 am

in icelandic we call it Gosi for some reason * D *

also, berikyuu became an ace on the dvd cover.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 am

I think I've always thought that the Jack was a Prince (son of the King and Queen... thus why he's part of the royalty or face cards).

Ah, but those are nice covers! H!P (and Japan in general), don't do this to me. I can't afford half the stuff being released in December that I'm considering. TAT
Post a reply