[1/18] Buono! 13th single "Hatsukoi CIDER / DEEP MIND"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [1/18] Buono! 13th single "Hatsukoi CIDER / DEEP MIND"

Postby sada* » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 am

I love Miyabi and Airi's versions so much.

I wish they put these solos on the CD.
sada*
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:53 am

Miya's my favorite idol in H!P atm. I watched the videos a couple of times hoping I could convince myself that she was the best. But as a performer, Airi simply wipes the floor with anyone else in Hello! Project right now. She gazes with passion and commitment into the lens. The distance between the performer and the audience is removed; she sings just for you. She's stops being an idol and becomes an artist. Maki, Ayaya, Aichan, Rika, and on a good day, Kago, knew how to do that. And Airi.

So the order is Airi first, Miyabi second. Momoko brings up the rear because she's starting to forget again how not to be "Momochi."
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 am

I liked Miyabi's the most.

Which really surprises me.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby DARC1993 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:14 am

WAIT!
They are actual solos?

WTF more of this UFA, Please.
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Postby Parhelion69 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 am

^^^I disagree on Rika and Kago, I don't think they were that good and to compare them to Ayaya, Maki and Aichan seems a bit.... off. Airi centainly does though.

Anyway, usually (regarding H!P) every single girl sings the whole song and then Tsunku chooses whose parts go into the song. In Bijou Gako S/mileage was shown doing this for Shortcut (and Saki's line being chosen as the last one) and MM's 9th gen also sang the whole song for Maji desuka ska (they showed the problems they were having in singing).

So, I guess they did the recording as usual, everybody singing the whole song, filming them for the duration of the whole song, but this time they released this solo shot for every member, which is a neat idea. I wish it'd happen with other groups, but differences in singing ability is more evident as the group is larger or has newer members, but it'd be nice anyway.
Parhelion69
Minion

Postby Zunu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 am

I disagree on Rika and Kago, I don't think they were that good and to compare them to Ayaya, Maki and Aichan seems a bit.... off.

Fair enough, but just to clarify I wasn't comparing their overall talent level, only their ability to connect with the listener when performing. Generally speaking, Rika couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag, and I wasn't particularly impressed with Gocchin's vocals either. And by way of contrast, Miki was a good singer but I never felt she connected with the audience at all.

Anyway, usually (regarding H!P) every single girl sings the whole song and then Tsunku chooses whose parts go into the song.

Not disagreeing, but where did you get that idea from?
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby claneksi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 am

I think it's been said a few times by the girls on their blog (forgot who though). Each girl record the whole song, line distribution later. I remember the process also described in Musume Monogatari.
claneksi
Senior Initiate

Postby Rm88 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:20 am

Still it's clear that the front girls get the most/main lines all the time. So really, why make Chinami or LinLin sing the whole song? Lol, Tsunku/UFA.
Rm88

Postby Zunu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 am

claneksi wrote:I think it's been said a few times by the girls on their blog (forgot who though). Each girl record the whole song, line distribution later. I remember the process also described in Musume Monogatari.

I see.

Rm88 wrote:Still it's clear that the front girls get the most/main lines all the time. So really, why make Chinami or LinLin sing the whole song? Lol, Tsunku/UFA.

Yeah, it does seem a little cruel in the case of girls who are definitely not going to get more than a line or two.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Rm88 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 am

It wouldn't be if we had access to their version of the song, like in this case. Again, I hope this becomes a trend since °C-ute is doing it as well.
Rm88

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project