[10/12] Morning Musume 12th Album "12, Smart"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [10/12] Morning Musume 12th Album "12, Smart"

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:26 am

^ I Think Riho is one of those singers that only sound good/ in tune when she is dancing or moving. I mean that is what she basically learned to do In the acting school right? Dancing and singing at the same time ? So she is like really shaky with her voice otherwise.That's How i see it =P
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Rm88 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 am

I'm not a singer or a dancer, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me :lol:
Rm88

Postby UreChiissa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:31 am

The one who is actually getting my attention lately is Zukki more than anyone since her voice is deaper and more balanced-out than I though...
In Kaiketsu Positive A's radio preview she gets to sing in the second verse and I must admit that I didn't realize it was her at first (I proceeded by elimination of the member's voices I already know!)

I can't wait to see her sing live on the next concert tour! <3
UreChiissa
Minion

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:35 am

Rm88 wrote:I'm not a singer or a dancer, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me :lol:

I Can't Really Explain it XD She's Just soo..shaky/ doesn't have rhythm in her voice when not in motion lol /can't explain/
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 am

Went to get this at Mutou today and... all but 1 copy (limited; wanted regular) was sold out. +0+ Icey got the limited.

As for singing. Riho obviously has improved since the album, and she can sing. She sounds way too whiny on this album, but she obviously can sing. I'm sure she'll be way better next year. Probably just a lot better for the next single.

As for surprising vocals - Eripon in Kaiketsu is amazing. Didn't even recognize her at first. And Kanon has been good ever since auditions. She's less shaky now though of course. Here's hoping she'll get more lines in the future.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby resop2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:05 am

321BreakinOut wrote:^ I Think Riho is one of those singers that only sound good/ in tune when she is dancing or moving. I mean that is what she basically learned to do In the acting school right? Dancing and singing at the same time ? So she is like really shaky with her voice otherwise.That's How i see it =P

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me since there is nothing to prevent Riho from dancing in the recording booth.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby boinsie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 am

I've been ignoring this thread for the past several weeks (basically since previews came out)... can someone re-post who sings which songs? Is Kanon/Aika in Otome no Timing?
boinsie
Guru

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:20 am

boinsie wrote:I've been ignoring this thread for the past several weeks (basically since previews came out)... can someone re-post who sings which songs? Is Kanon/Aika in Otome no Timing?

1.Give me Love (Group)
2.Only you (Group)
3.Silver no Udedokei (Niigaki Risa, Tanaka Reina, Mitsui Aika, Sayashi Riho)
4.Suki da na Kimi ga (Michishige Sayumi, Fukumura Mizuki)
5.Kaiketsu Positive A (Group)
6.Kono Ai wo Kasanete (Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa)
7.Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! (Group)
8.Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai! (Group)
9.My Way ~Joshikou Hanamichi~ (Group)
10.Otome no Timing (Mitsui Aika, Ikuta Erina, Suzuki Kanon)
11.OK YEAH! (Group)
12.Maji Desu ka Ska! (Group)

:)
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby iceymoon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 am

just listened to the CD (may be the first time ever that i listened to an H!P album i was anticipating for the first time AFTER buying it XD)!!
bought it while out with Sohee~~ (still haven't gone to bed, but i SWEAR WE WILL NOW.. it's already 4am, though ._.)

i may not love this album as much as some of you do, but OK YEAH! is the best thing everrrrr :love: :love: :love: i also really like Give me Love and there's something Buono!-ish that i like about My Way. Suki da na Kimi ga is pretty catchy, but i'll have to listen to it again cuz i think i was only listening to Sayu the entire time (was that a high note that she actually sounded good in??). XD Silver no Udedokei was decent, but it always takes a while to get used to the rap, so i'll have to see if it grows on me on further listens. not crazy about Otome no Timing or Kono Ai wo Kasanete, and Kaiketsu Positive A sets an expectation that it never quite reaches.

however, i've only listened to it once so far and i have yet to see/hear anything in concert, so there's still a chance my initial impressions could change. :3
iceymoon

Postby boinsie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 am

The first time I listened to the album, I was unimpressed. Several songs were "I'm never listening to that again" terrible, and most of the rest was, "Meh."
But then on the second and third listen, it's a really good album! :music:

Spoiler: show
1. Give me Love - I don't think I'll crave listening to this song super much, but it's definitely good. Not really any problems I can think of with it, besides all the Takahashi. Is the sort-of whiny sounding girl every now and again Riho? She doesn't sound half-bad, especially since she was added to the group for her dance skillz. (4/5)
2. Only you - I still don't really like this song super much. (3.5/5)
3. Silver no Udedokei - I can't do it. I don't like these weird rapping R&B songs they keep throwing at us on everyone's albums at all. (1/5)
4. Suki da na Kimi ga - O_O!!!! ... !!! Yeah, I love this. Where is Mizuki in it, though? Sounds like a MichishigeXAutoTune collabo. XD (5/5)
5. Kaiketsu Positive A - Despite the beginning weird stuff they do with their voices (ala 3,2,1 BREAKIN' OUT), I really like this song. Aren't they saying "Positive S", though? That disconnect keeps weirding me out. XD (4/5)
6. Kono Ai wo Kasanete - Before listening this song had everything going against it: slow, ballad-type song sung by Takahashi and Niigaki, arguably my two least favorites. AND YET SOMEHOW THIS SONG IS THE GREAT. Maybe I'd hate the two of them less if they sang slow, pretty songs like this more, without getting into their deep, gravely diva voices so often. I'll still likely skip it most of the time because it's a slow song, but that's just my general rule w/slow songs. (4.5/5)
7. Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! - It's okei. (4/5)
8. Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai! - I like this song too much. It came on and Kai was like, "I've heard this before." XD (5/5)
9. My Way ~Joshikou Hanamichi~ - A good song! Everyone sounds surprisingly nice together! Today as I listened to the new tracks from the album for a second time today Kai roamed through the room and said, "Who is this?" and I said "Morning Musume" and he looked at the speakers, listening for a bit with a quizzical look on his face... he seems to think that the drums are either a real drummer, or that at least they've updated their ProTools. XD (4/5)
10. Otome no Timing - I hate you, Aika. Quit sounding sick to your stomach and nasal-y whiny; I've tired of it long ago. You've been in the group too long to still have these issues without any other redeeming qualities. Weak ankles isn't a charm point. Can I get a 9ki ver only of this song? :whistling: (3/5 [would be 4.5/5 if no Aika])
11. OK YEAH! - Very nice! I enjoy the techno~~ (4/5)
12. Maji Desu ka Ska! - I've loved this song since learning its name, loved it more with every addition, and nothing has changed since then. Best. (6/5)

FOR AN OVERALL AVERAGE OF 4/5!!
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project